Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Zodiac Senshi ❯ The Introduction ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ramza was on his way to the Orbonne Monastery with his sister Alma to get the Virgo Stone. They were still a half day journey from there. It was getting dark as well.

"Ramza, shouldn't we set up camp for the night?" Alma asked. Ramza looked back at her and his troops. They were ready to collapse form exhaustion.

"Yea. Let's." He said. A great cheer rose up. He laughed a little and stopped Eruopo (A.N- Eruopo is the name of the Black Chocobo on my game) gently. He hopped off and helped Alma down. Mustadio dug through the supplies looking for the tent, as Ramza pulled his sword out.

"Algrias, Gwynn, let's go. We need to clear the area of monsters." He ordered. The Holy Knight and the Lancer followed Ramza into the woods. Alma sat down and fell asleep...

In the woods...

Ramza swiped his sword through the back of a Cuar.

"The doom of a planet...Crush Punch!" Algrias called, using her special skill to destroy a Bull Demon. Gwynn executed his jump ability to take out a Bomb. Ramza cleaned the blade of his sword and began to leave when a soft noise caught his attention. He quickly turned and held his sword up. Quickly and quietly moving to the location, he crouched down. Just then, a heavily injured girl fell from the bushes.

"Shit!" Ramza cursed. She was still a teenager. Her body was covered with wounds that were being infected. He put his sword away, and gently touched her face. As his fingers made light contact with her flesh, she yelled out in pain. He quickly pulled his hand away. He searched his bag for something to help her with. But all he could find were antidotes and a Maiden's Kiss. He had to get her to a chemist or Priest, and fast. She'd KO soon. And then he had minuets before she became a crystal.

"Damnit... Gywnn! Bring Alma here!" He ordered. Gwynn obeyed and ran back to the camp site. Ramza looked at the girl. She was gasping for breath. He placed his hand onto her bruised cheek. She whimpered in pain, and he pulled away. She was wearing strange clothes. She wore a light blue dress skirt, but it was very short and ruffled. The gloves on her hands came to her elbows, and were a deep red with some white. Ramza guessed it was blood. She wore strange heeled boots on her feet that came just above her ankles. She wore a white suit that covered her entire upper area. She also had a large sky blue bow on her chest, with some kind of stone in the middle. She had a dark blue bow in the rear of her uniform. She also wore one earring in her right ear. And also, there was a sky blue sailor collar covering her shoulders. Ramza guessed she was a dancer. Her outfit seemed right for a dancer. Her damage was immense. Almost the same amount he and his team had received when fighting Queklain to get the Holy Stone Scorpio. Ramza checked her over for anymore horrific damage. As he felt for bleeding at her gut she cried out in pain.

"Damn. Who the hell did this?" He asked. Just then, Gwynn came with a sleepy Alma.

"Hm? Ramza? What's wrong?" She asked, holding her weapon, the healing staff. Ramza looked up.

"Alma, can you heal this girl?" He asked. Alma nodded and raised the staff. She brought it down onto the girl with great force. The healing magic from the staff covered the girl's body, ridding her of the pain and the marks.

"Thanks Alma." Ramza replied. He gently lifted the girl up. She was limp. Her body felt like a rag doll's body. She was sleeping now.

"All right kid. That's right. Sleep." Ramza whispered, carrying her back to camp. Mustadio met him at the campsite edge to take the girl, but Ramza held onto her, cuddling her like she was a doll ready to rip at her seams. He walked into his tent and sat her on the cot, covering her with a warm blanket. He felt attached to her. Like her knew her.

"Rest kid. We'll take you to Igros." He told her. He closed his eyes and fell asleep. The stone on her front bow gleamed as bright as a Holy Stone.

The Next Morning...

Ramza yawned and stretched.

"I slept like a rock." He said, opening his eyes. He noticed the girl was still asleep. She had been up earlier, as his potion bag had been raided, and she held a Potion in her hand. It was half empty, and some of the liquid dribbled from her mouth. He smiled slightly and left the tent. Alma was eating a little breakfast.

"Good morning brother." She greeted. Ramza sat next to her, and swiped a plate from Mustadio. The Engineer growled and began to get another plate.

"How was the girl?" She asked. Ramza ate some.

"She was up last night, and got a potion from my bag." He explained. Alma giggled a little.

"Well at least she's okay." She said. Ramza nodded.

"So Ramza, what are we gonna do? We can't take her with us." Mustadio said. Ramza nodded again.

"I know. I was planning on taking her to Igros before we continued on our journey." He admitted. Mustadio nodded. It was best. With the condition she was in, she shouldn't undergo such a difficult journey.

"All right. Pack up everyone!" Ramza shouted and walked to his tent. As he walked in he was amazed. The girl had changed her clothing, and was sitting up. He looked around. There was no sight of her original clothing though. She looked up at him. The words of Leo played through her mind.

'The little Street Urchin is a nobel! Descendent of the legendary Balbane Beoulve!' She shut her eyes, trying to force his words from her mind. Ramza blinked a few times and realised the one other thing that was different. Her hair was no longer blue. It was Sandy Blonde. The exact same color of his hair.

"Excuse me Miss." He politely said. She opened her eyes and looked at them. They were...different. Different colors. She glared at him. She blamed him. It was his fault. His fault she was born! She grabbed the blue stone she held in her hand and threw it to the ground, but it did not shatter. She became angry. Grabbing his sword, she attempted to kill herself with it. Ramza grabbed her wrist, and struggled to remove the blade. He ripped it away from her and threw it to the ground. She started crying. Ramza found her quite odd.

"He was a the demon...all along...why didn't I see it?" She asked between sobs. She was in the middle of a break down. Though Ramza didn't realize this, he decided they should leave right away.

"It'll be all right." He said.

"What happened to you?" He asked. The girl looked up to him again.

"I fought a Holy Stone Demon." She whispered. Ramza nearly choked.

"A...a Holy Stone Demon?! And you're still alive!?" He demanded. She nodded.

"He took my cousin from me. I fought back. Then...then he gained even more power...draining the Holy Stones...The isolation...lonliness..." She whispered, heart broken. Ramza was about to speak up, when she began to talk again.

"That monster took everyone from me. He...he killed everyone on Earth...it was just me and him...I wanted to stop fighting...There's no one left to fight for..." She whispered.

"Who are you?" He asked. The girl wiped her eyes.

"I...My name is Layla...I was...no, I AM a Zodiac Brave..."