Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Majestic ❯ No More Horns For Halloween, Just a Trenchcoat (We meet Sandy) ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello, It's me again. Please don't groan roll your eyes or exit I swear this one has some promise!!! The ending is in my sight!!!! Give it a whirl and if you hate it give me a flame for all I care.

*~<><><><><><><><&g t;<><><><><><><><><>& lt;><>~*

Quistis woke up to another day, unfortunately for her. Yesterday's recognitions were given out due to the death of Ultimicia. She could remember the speech in its entirety, Squall, standing up to receive his position as permanent headmaster, Rinoa, getting a job as an instructor, without even taking the SeeD exam, Irvine, being welcomed to Bablamb, and the most stinging speech that Cid began with. Oh yes, those faithful words, "Squall and Rinoa". It stung. Quistis's whole entire life was spent trying to receive, attention, an award, even a recommendation, yet what had she received? Nothing, but failures. Her teaching career, blown to bits. The only person she could remember as a brother, telling her to talk to a wall. This sight made her want to vomit. All she wanted was out. NOW.

She grabbed her key and walked out of the room, looking like shit. Honestly she could care less, much less. She didn't see any silver lining waiting at the Cafeteria, ready to take her away to his beautiful castle. No prince Charmings came for Quistis; they all wanted the HOLY Sorceress Rinoa, who was already her own princess. So she skipped the cafeteria and just left. Her car was unfortunately about to be repossessed if she didn't pay next month's car loan payments, could drive her as far away from her problems as she needed to be. Her car was her "Prince Charming". As cold as that may of sounded, it was 100% true. Quistis would easily prefer a car over a real prince charming on a horse Quistis didn't care how cold it sounded. She climbed into her hybrid car and turned on her "Honey". Its engine started, no problems there. Her personal goal was to destroy the car before the Bank of BablamB took it.

Revving the engine she took off, and left everything behind for a day, it was the best one of her life. She quickly got sick of the CD playing at the time; Selphie had obviously forgotten her CD after borrowing the car. Quistis groped for a decent CD but couldn't find it without looking so she took one last look at the road and turned her eyes towards the seat next to her to grab a CD. Once her eyes were back on the road she was in a bit of a predicament.

A car was speeding right in front of her on a one way, one lane bridge, overlooking some water. She screamed as she dropped the CD of her choice (One of Zell's Beastie boys Greatest hits) and slammed on the brakes. The other driver either didn't see her or was heavily drunk, later tests concluded the later of the two suggestions, and kept driving. Quistis shared at it and almost automatically brought out her whip and made it into a straight chain, as she pulled across her chest, in faint hope that it wouldn't give up on her in her time of need. She watched as the car came closer and closer, going at about eighty Suddenly, without dropping her whip completely, she grabbed the car door, and attempted to open it, although it was too late for that. The driver of the other car finally noticed her vehicle and attempted to stop, causing his car to swerve and hit her car on the Driver's side, chucking it into the body of water below. All the driver could do was stand dumbfounded.

The ambulance was called, and the authorities were notified. They worked hard to pull the car up; it wasn't in the worst shape. A few monster dents here and there, the airbags were extended to their limit and the door was missing, all in all the BablamB police concluded that it was salvageable, thus it was sent away after identification searches. They found an awful lot of CDs, most of which were soaking wet. They had a legible license plate number; the information check took a while due to the recent private rights installed in BablamB. They never found the driver, yet they kept looking, the car door was open and that was a good sign. The information came in around six. The driver's name was Quistis Trepe. She lived in the BablamB Garden for nine years, and had become the youngest instructor ever in the Garden, and held her position for the shortest time as well, two years. The officer that looked this over smirked. He already knew all this information. He was her failure, how coincidental that he too would have to call Mr. Puberty Boy and explain to him how dead Quistis was, killed by a car crash. He could just imagine Squall's voice shouting, "WHO THE HELL DID THIS, WHOEVER DID IS GOING TO HAVE TO BE KILLED!!!" Seifer smiled, who said that Squall didn't express his emotions? Seifer pondered for a while how to tell them.

"Do I write them an e-mail?" He snickered. He had become a police officer for BablamB in order to be near the Garden, although he would never admit it. The discipline committee and the police were as similar as Seifer could get.

"I know, I'll shock them, I'll see them in person." His mind had decided on that was as soon as he though of it.

"Yo, Mark, I'm leaving to go talk to some old friends. I'll be back." He shouted as he grabbed his coat and opened the door, stepping into the frigid air. He grabbed the station's car keys ad started the old beast.

"Will they ever be surprised to see me delivering the news of a death, it's perfect." He sarcastically snorted.

"Next, you won't need devil horns to be a devil, you'll need a gray trench coat and a nametag that says `Seifer'. Halloween will never be the same." He entertained himself, loudly. The car ride was short, yet anticipated. He swallowed a lump in his throat as he pulled up to the Garden and illegally parked.

"That's why I'm a policeman." He whispered as he looked at the horribly, illegal parallel parking job he just did. He walked into the garden, clutching his palms. He found the elevator, not much had changed in a year, and went up it, smoothly to the third floor. He mustered up some courage, and focused on not being sarcastic, otherwise Squall won't believe him or they'll think he did it. The door opened and he walked through into the headmaster's office. Xu was still the receptionist, who was eying Seifer in disbelief.

"Seifer, can I help you?" She spoke up, trying to catch him off guard.

"I need to speak with Headmaster Leonheart. It's urgent."

"Just one moment." She clicked on the phone and said

"Squall, there is a police officer out here, should I send him in?" Xu didn't do that to save Seifer's ass, she noted the importance of his tone and wanted to know what was going wrong.

"Yes." Squall replied. Seifer took strides, rather than steps into Squall's office.

"Hello Officer, how can I help you today." Squall asked nervously. Seifer smirked as he replied.

"You know why I'm here, there have been reports of public nudity by you and your fiancé." Shit………………..I've been here 1 minute and I've already gone against what my top priorities were.

"Seifer" Squall hissed.

"In the flesh."

"Get the hell out."

"I can't I have actual business to attend to, being a police officer and all."

"Hu, likely alibi. Any business you have here has been terminated, leave." Squall spoke, angrily. Seifer could tell that the next step was the security officers. He had to think, fast.

"That's not a very nice way to pay tribute to a member of your garden."

"What the fuck are you talking about Seifer? Yourself? You never once were a member of this place." Squall was ticked.

"I wasn't talking about myself although I'm flattered you thought I fit that description. Think really hard, who's been missing since this morning?" Squall stared at him, like he was insane.

"Lots of people, we have over 20 squads active on a mission this morning."

"Do I have to spell it out for you? She was your friend too. I'm truly disgusted." Squall's face fell. Who else had been missing since last night, she barely attended that anyway. Quistis.

"What did you do to her??!!" Squall shouted rage tinted in his eyes.

`Great Seifer great. You set yourself two worst-case scenario avoiders and you break them both.' Seifer thought angrily.

"I am only the messenger. She died in a car crash this morning, around 6:30AM."

"That's insane, she wasn't even up at six, are you sure it was her?" He panicked. Seifer had never seen Puberty boy with this emotion written on his face. It was actually funny, had he not had a scheduled business for this matter he would have been laughing.

"No one found her body, but we did a license number check on the vehicle and it said it belonged to her. She drove a Toyota Hybrid car right? License number 243-JDK." Squall nodded gravely as Seifer spat out details.

"That car was her pride and joy, she got it when she became an instructor. They kept threatening to take it away; we were going to give her a raise this month to instructor so they wouldn't repose it. I just don't understand. She was such a careful driver, always followed the rules. She was never in any other accidents. Why?" Squall looked as if he was going to cry. Rinoa had really done wonders for Squall's personality.

"It was a drunk driver, he rammed her car off a one lane bridge." As Seifer said these words Squall became enraged.

"A DAMN DRUNK DRIVER KILLED QUISTY? Someone wasted killed her?" His fists shook with anger. Then he just sat there. Seifer looked bored and decided to speed up the process.

"Squall, I don't mean to be insensitive but, when are you going to get the rest of the orphanage gang over here? Or can I just leave? I have other matters to attend to." That was a downright lie and anyone could tell. Somehow Seifer just felt at peace here, and it was new and strange to him. Change was what got him into this predicament in the first place; he wasn't going to let that happen again.

"I'll call then here right now, stay, please." Squall dialed a few numbers in the phone almost cautiously. He voice then came out in a professional mumble. Seifer placed the police records down on the desk with a post it on them saying "Quistis Trepe"

"Will Zell Dintch, Irvine Kinneas, Rinoa Heartily, and Selphie Tilmitt please report to the Headmaster's office" Seifer turned around to leave.

"Seifer, wait." Seifer turned around a bit shocked.

"Yes?"

"Do you want to stay at the Garden? We could really use your experience in teaching a gunblade class." Seifer smiled

"Sure, Squall, sure."

*~<><><><><><><> 6 months later <><><><><><><>~*

Sandy looks over her home once again. Sandy is a beautiful 5'6" nineteen year old woman, with golden blond hair that falls to about her shoulders and was curly due to her frequent perms. Her outfit consists of a V-neck top with short sleeves, a pair of army pants, and a pair of beloved combat boots, bought secretly over the Internet. She has blue eyes and many passions in this world. One of which is a love of fighting. Her mother had set out 2 ground rules in order not to become disowned, the first was no illegitimate children and the second was No Military/ Government jobs. Sandy smirks as she leaves, considering what a foul mood her mother will be once she figures out that Sandy was gone off to BablamB Garden to become a SeeD. The real kicker will be when she figures out that she could do nothing about it. Sandy is 19, a legal adult who can make her own decisions.

"I'll send you a postcard, Mom." She shouts as her feet take off, in hopes of leaving for a long time. She finally reaches her destination, a train station a few miles away from her town outside of Galbandia. Sandy takes out her ticket, bought secretly over the Internet. If only her mother knew what else she was up to late at night. Sandy would love to see her face, undoubtedly filled with shock. She boards the train with little thoughts in her mind. After a few miles her gears start turning, more rapidly that before. All she can think of at first is

"Did I feed the cat?" her mind soon travels from that subject to a larger question placed in her mind.

"What exactly happened last year?" All Sandy knows is she had a terrible accident and came out with amnesia and a concussion. She still has yet to collect her memories. Her mother was able to fill her in on the majority of her life. Heaven knows that you don't tell your mother everything, thus Sandy knows there are some definite gaps in her life. The train is relatively short compared to a trip to Trabia, yet it isn't the shortest. Once off the train she walks to the BablamB Garden, the Garden with the `Legendary' SeeDs that defeated Ultimicia. Honestly, she didn't care. She only came her because her boyfriend, Michael went here. She and Michael have been going steady for close to a year, according to him. She can't exactly remember. He left two weeks ago to become a SeeD. She smiles, hoping they're in the same classes. The Garden is quickly in view as Sandy walks closer and closer. It is absolutely huge!! Sandy gulps, and then proceeds inside the Garden. She walks up to the elevator and clicks the 3f button. Michael had written to her on how to apply. Once inside she impatiently taps her combat boots. The bell rings and she walks out on a catwalk towards the glass office doors. She takes a breath, exhales slowly and opens the door. She walks to the receptionist and asks sweetly

"Umm, Hi How do I apply to become a SeeD?" The woman smiles and says

"Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you. My name's Xu and you'll need to fill out this forum. How old are you?"

"Nineteen."

"Ok, then no signature is needed, when you're done turn it in to me. I will give you this bit of advice, when in doubt, leave it out. If you need to use my phone just ask, Ok." With that Xu hands Sandy multiple forums on a clipboard. Sandy sits in one of the chairs and begins to fill them out with her loopy elegant penmanship.

Name: Sandra E. McAllen

Age: 19

Gender: Female

Weapon: Anything that I can find

Strengths: Speed, quick thinking, Intelligent, fast reflexes

Weaknesses: My inexperience, no magic, no GFs, PMS

How did you find out about Garden? Please be specific: My boyfriend is attending it to become a SeeD. I love fighting.

Any injuries in the past year: Broke my toe. Concussion, amnesia in a car accident

Have you had surgery in the part 6 months?: No

Have you completed High School?: Yes

Medication: Clairton, Patonal

Parent's Names: Sarah McAllen and Brian McAllen (<~Deceased)

Experience: playgrounds fights, (None)

Please sign your name here Sandra E. McAllen

X ---------------------------------

And so the paper work went on and on. After finishing all of the work she still has to wait to meet Mr. Leonheart. He would ask her a few questions then look over her paperwork. Then tell her whether or not she was in the Garden as a student. This was worse than waiting in line at Valley Fair. She musters up her courage and flops down on the couch. Today was one of those days.

*~<><><><><><><><&g t;<><>~*

That's the end of chapter 1 or this fic if I lose my brain. I have to say that first off it gets better, first chapters are always my worst. Second off this was kind of Inspired by the Majestic, a movie that I never saw nor will the ending be like it, I think. I have yet to see the ending. Enjoy!!!!!!

P.S. Worship, REVIEW, FLAME ME FOR ALL I GIVE A DAMN!!! (I dare ya!!!! NOT!!) Luv ya all, Jacks