Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Painful Miracles ❯ Sleepless nights ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sleepless Nights

It was the same, always the same nightmare, night after night. Wires, electrodes, and i.v.`s filled with Mako, came from every part of her body. Electrodeposits in her brain electrocuted her brain cells into shocked reality, and quarts of Mako dripped into her thin veins. It was enough to make anyone want to die.

Laughs. Sinister laughs, evil, malicious laughs came from the abysmal darkness around her, as her body convulsed in pain on the cold, metal table, making the things in the darkness laugh more at her suffering. She could see the blood in her eyes, even see it building up behind her eyelids, and feel it leak down her cheeks.

The blood ignited something deep within her soul, a secret, a hidden enigma of sorts, and the bonds holding her broke free. She broke into a full on run, never listening to the voice in her head that kept telling her to look back.

Her feet pounded on what seemed to be cold, black glass, but she couldn't be sure, as everything was silhouetted in ebony darkness. Growls of what seemed to be monsters emerged from the darkness behind her, and even though her body begged her to slow down, she went even faster, hoping to out run the fate that time and destiny held for her. Her one and only lung begged her to slow down and let it have some air, but she ignored it's beggings and ran until it felt like it would explode from lack of precious air. But she knew this horrific nightmare would end the same way it ended every night.

She fell into a puddle of warm, crimson fluid. It was blood. Her blood. Then 2 demonic faces emerged from the darkness around her, and surround her, blocking all hope of escape. The faces were demented and disfigured, faces of powers and emotions hidden deep within her paining body. They seemed as if they were secrets only she knew. Deep, terrible secrets...

Then, one by one, they would slam full force into her atrophying body, leaving the feeling of death in their wake. The anguish and sorrow coming from these organic creatures inside her began to intertwine with her already existing feelings, bad memories, and sadness within her, and when it became to much to handle, she let out a blood-curdling, bone-chilling scream.