Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Painful Miracles ❯ Concerned Parents ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Concerned Parents

Rocket Town was quiet, void of the hustle and bustle that Midgar had. There was only a few shoppers dragging their children from store to store on, some birds chirping, and some children playing tag in the yard of a church, their parents watching intently and talking to one another in cheery conversation.

One girl in particular seemed to enjoy the quiet more than everyone else. She was leaning against an old, rusted rocket that had landed along time ago, well, actually, it never really taken off. Now it sat, rusting, with green vines creeping up its rusted sides. Beautiful flowers bloomed in all colors on the vines and plains, emitting a wonderful sent into the air.

She sat quietly braiding wild flowers into a head band, and humming a tune long forgotten by a heritage she didn't even know of. Oblivious to even the fact that she would soon be the only living Cetra in the whole world, she sat in silence, listening to birds and playing with the flowers. Her long chestnut hair was slung over her shoulder, and her silver bangs, which hung in her deep, Mako green eyes, sparkled in the noon-day sun.

She leaned her head to lay against the rocket, and looked up at the fluffy white clouds in the blue sky. She was exhausted from lack of sleep, and severe training with her father. Yet, she knew the real reasons why she wasn't sleeping, and no matter how hard she tried, she could not hide it behind her excuses. Terrible nightmares plagued her sleep, and she always woke up, and stayed awake, fearing that if she went back to sleep her dream would become a reality. But some how, she knew the nightmares were going to be real.... very real and it scared her shit-less.

As she enveloped more into her thoughts, she became oblivious to her surroundings, and unaware of the tall, muscular man that had tapped her on the shoulder. The man tapped her again, and again, and again, and still she didn't notice. Finally the figure huffed in annoyance and shook the girl, snapping her back to reality. She look up at him and smiled.

"Hi dad." She greeted, looking up to her silver haired father. You could never tell that he was over 50 years old as he had silver hair that melded with the gray making it obsolete, and he still had a well toned muscular shape and the same face he had had since he was 17, only now it was slightly aged with time, and a little wrinkled.

"What were you thinking about? I've been tapping you repetitiously for about 5 minutes!" Her father yelled, not meaning to come off as harsh sounding as he did.

"I was..." She began to say, trying to think up a good lie. "Thinking about a.... the.... those birds!" She lied, pointing to a flock of birds in the sky.

"Sakura, do not lie to me." Her father said sternly, detecting the lie instantly. Being an ex-soldier for ShinRa, not to mention a high ranking officer, had made his senses and susceptibility to his surroundings un-real.

Sakura looked down to her hands and the flowers she had begun to weave again. "It's nothing dad. Really." She whispered honestly. Her father got ready to pick the stubborn girl up and demand she tell him what was wrong for he was always concerned for his only daughter, but a hand on his shoulder stopped him.

" Sephiroth, leave her alone. If it were something of importance she would tell us." Sephiroth turned to see the lovely brunette with the stunning life-stream green eyes that was his wife. Even though she was well into her high thirties, she hardly looked it. Her hair was only lightly sprinkled with gray and a hint of white, and her face held one, maybe two wrinkles on it's perfect complection.

"Aeris I..." He started, but was cut off.

Aeris giggled her airy giggle and put two fingers to his lips. "Hush Honey." She whispered. "Hi sweetie." Aeris greeted, smiling at her daughter and bending to give her a kiss on the forehead.

"Hi mom" Sakura returned.

"Sakura, you forgot something today." Aeris smiled, leaning against Sephiroth's muscled and well toned chest and letting his arms lock her there. Sakura thought for a second then looked up.

"Crap! my report for the mayor! Damn!" She jumped up, grabbed her sword from against the rusted rocket and ran from the field.

"Watch your mouth!" Sephiroth yelled to his daughters retreating back.

Aeris shook her head and starred off after her daughter who ran in the direction of the old Mako reactor that had long since been shut down.

"Our daughter." She whispered simply, holding back tears. Sephiroth tightened his hold on Aeris as to comfort her.

"Aeris, please don't cry.... it's for the best." Sephiroth nuzzled against Aeris neck with affection.

"I can't just let her go... I can't let ShinRa have her again..." Aeris let the unshed tears flow down her cheeks like a steady stream.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine. She can take care of herself. We've trained her well." Sephiroth tried to reassure his love, but he had doubt present in his voice. He squeezed her gently and then turned her to face him. "Aeris, please do not cry. Regardless of my past, I can't stand to see others cry. Sakura is strong and if what the profit says is true, she will be in company of some very strong people on their journey. Our visit with Cloud and Tifa proves it."

Aeris nodded slowly, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. "I know but she's our only daughter and the second to the last of my race..... if she dies.....it dies to..." Aeris sniffled, looking up into the Mako green eyes of her lover and past killer. .:Yes, killer.:. She thought, giggling at the thought. He had killed her in the past. Pierced her with his masamune right through her heart....the home for all her friend's love, and she had died in Cloud's powerful embrace. Cloud was the one who buried her in the lake of the Ancients, letting her join her descendents, then he made Sephiroth repent for his sin and later killed him. Now both were resurrected and lived a good life together in love and trust. Aeris never feared that Sephiroth would try and kill her again. Their nighttime amusements proved that.

Sephiroth smiled down at Aeris, capturing her rosy pink lips in a deep kiss. He came up for air and smiled at Aeris' surprised at her shocked look.

"Don't worry. Sakura will be fine." and before Aeris could speak again, she was locked in his warm embrace, kissing him with the passion with which he was kissing her and the two made love, right their in the field, unaware of the danger they and their daughter would soon be facing.