Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Painful Miracles ❯ The journey begins for the last Cetra ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The journey begins for the last Cetra

Hiro and Sakura had stolen 2 Chocobos and stalked them with supplies and he and Sakura were making their way to Neiblaham. Sakura had been silent since the horrid incident with her brutally murdered father and Hiro was deeply concerned for emotional, and mental status.

Hiro knew now that Sakura had been asked to do a report on the old reactor for Junon's Mayor because he trusted Sakura and her family very much and he had other business to attend to. Hiro knew that the mayor had no idea what was going on there and wasn't to blame for Sakura's burns. But that didn't matter now. The mayor was dead. The population of Pocket Town was dead, save for Sakura and it was sheer luck and good timing on Heery's part that she was alive anyway. Hiro felt that Sakura could handle things, but wouldn't rest until her mother was safe in her arms and they were together again. He also felt an overwhelming need to make sure his own family, in Midgar, was ok. He felt that ShinRa was out for more. More things ShinRa would kill to get, and more lives would be taken....more families torn.

Sakura looked over to Hiro who was deeply enveloped into the inter workings of his thoughts, and watched him for a brief moment before he spoke.

"Hey, Sakura.." Hiro began as Sakura turned to face him.

"Yes?" She looked so depressed and her voice carried her sadness.

"Do you think we could go to Midgar to make sure that my family and my next door neighbor are alright?" He asked a bit nervously. He knew how badly she wanted to get to Neiblaham, but he really needed to be reassured that his family was okay.

Sakura nodded to him, displaying her agreement without words before returning to the scenery in front of her. The sun was at it's one thirty height and the scenery was nothing less than breath taking. The trees were beautiful green, moss covering the north sides, adding an extra touch of direction. Flowers and plants covered the sides of the beaten earth that was the trail, and critters crawled around, staying out of the way of travelers.

.:Mother would love to see this:. Sakura thought, feeling tears coming to her eyes. She held them back, refusing to believe that her mother met the same fate as her father. She thought about the lone cross that stood behind her old, burnt home where her father now lay. He would return to earth once more, but Sakura new he wouldn't be coming back again. For that she had to smile, but she still needed to get to Neiblaham and save her mother, and she would kill Marcus Silver, smiling as she did so.