Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Predetermined ❯ Day 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It has been confusing the past couple days. I think the President is hiding something, and Rufus, despite his playing games with me, isn't afraid of complaining about his father's plans with Vincent. The only thing I've collected is that Vincent is merely being a tool for Hojo's purposes. It was a close guess but with the speech President ShinRa gave at the induction, it was merely help with errands in the scientific research department—mainly Hojo, yes, but it wasn't work fit for any regular grunt. It required someone with more skills than that. Who would be better to sent out to collect dragon's hides, golden chocobo eggs, condor feathers, and lord knows whatever Hojo used in his experiments.
 
It was well put and convincing enough, but I haven't decided if there's something else or not. It's not my business and I shouldn't question it. Things haven't changed. I think I've gotten into the hang of things with writing in this journal, but I still shudder to think of Elena and her `diary.' To go back to Wutai, we discussed matters until nearly midnight, hung around the next day in Wutai, fighting a little bit on the mountains for fun, and just trying to get better acquainted, and by the next morning we were on a plane back to Midgar. I had reported to President ShinRa the second night while Vincent slept that he genuinely seemed trustable, or else a damn good actor.
 
I've seen the man briefly during break times every now and then but a word is never exchanged. He was inaugurated officially about two days after a `trial period' when it was formally decided he could work for ShinRa. I'm only aware that he performs simpler missions that even Reno could perform when he isn't training. Earlier this evening I went to a shooting range where I found him reloading a handgun. He cocked the gun and looked up to me as I whipped out my gun and smoked a pin up of a human figure. Eyes focused and concentrated, my first shot hit the shoulder, my second the chest, and the following hit the around the heart. Not too bad.
 
Vincent calmly looked at me, raised his arm and fired five shots. I kept his gaze until he lowered his arm at which point I glanced to the pin up. He reloaded his handgun and walked out of the room, leaving a quarter-sized hole in the middle of the pin up's heart. That's when a writhing snake-like thread of jealousy wiggled its way into my being and tied itself firmly around my heart.
 
*************
Can I bribe anyone for reviews? Can you review out of the goodness of your heart? Because you know everyone likes a good review… so why not start now, if you haven't yet??? It'll make me write faster…. :3