Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Behind the Lies ❯ Meeting of Kindred Spirits ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Rights to Final Fantasy 7 do not belong to me. I do not gain profit from this, just artisitc pleasure. Lu, however, is all mine.

The first time I met Sephiroth was when I was nine years old. I was a beggar living for every scrap of food I could find. I had seen horrors, but I retained my smile and cheerful demeanor. I was on the verge of being raped when he saved me. My captors were two SOLDIERs that he didn’t like, but had been assigned to. He pushed them off me.

“But we were just having a bit of sport.” One of them had the audacity to open his mouth.

“Shut up.” Was all Sephiroth said.

I stared at this man in awe. His hair looked like it needed washing and combing. Who knew what color it was? His eyes were a piercing blue and it looked like he was in torment. The sword he held was a crappy blade better suited for the scrap yard. His clothes were no more than rags. Yet, he was the most handsome man I had ever seen. It looked like he hadn’t had a decent meal in weeks.

“You shut up, fool.” The man taunted.

Sephiroth dispatched him with one quick slice of his sword. Then he looked at the other one, “Want to join him?” the guy shook his head. “Then go on about your business.” The guy scrambled off his ass and ran like the devil was on his heels. Then, Sephiroth turned back to me and his eyes softened. “Are you okay?” he held his hand out to help me off the cold cobbled stones.

I took it and stood up. “I am all right; just a little shaken. Thank you. I am called Lu. Please let me show you to my house as a token of my gratitude.” I saw him open his mouth to speak. “I know you don’t need my gratitude, but I am in your debt and wish to start repaying you. I also know that I do not know your name and that is okay. Who you are and where you are from and what you do are trivial and I do not need to know any of it. However, if you wish to tell me something about yourself then I will listen.” I smiled before grabbing his hand and tugging him towards my home by the sea.

“I am known as Sephiroth.” He told me as we entered the cold stone cottage.

“Thank you, Sephiroth, for telling me your name.” I gifted him with another smile.

I put wood, which I had bartered the other day by giving the wood cutter a blowjob while his wife was at the market, in the fireplace and lit it with two stones. I put on fresh water; that I found while walking in the woods for berries to heat while I went to get seawater. I heated that up, too.

“Here, you may bathe with this.” I put the seawater in my late father’s room and brought out cloths and soap for his body and hair. “There are clothes that should fit you in the chest at the end of the bed.” I closed the door behind me.

I had been lucky yesterday and had caught fish. I took two of them and prepped them for cooking. I soaked edible seaweed in a mix of water with rosemary and thyme. Then, I put them in the stove that was beside the fireplace. I had to use a chair to put them in.

Sephiroth sat at the table watching me. After putting the fish in the oven I took a comb to his hair.

“You have beautiful hair. You should take better care of it.” I scolded playfully. He had dressed in all black along with boots and a very long coat. He looked like an avenging angel. He said nothing so I pulled out the fish and served it with tea.

He stayed here for two weeks. In those two weeks he trusted me enough to tell me about what he did and was supposed to do.

“You’ll need a better sword then.” Was my comment before I got up and went into the room he was staying in.

He looked at where I had been in shock. “I just told you that I kill people for a living and you are going to get a better sword.”

“No, you told me you are forced to kill people because Shinra put something in you that forces you to do that.” I returned with a sheathed sword. “So, I’m getting you a better sword so you can kill painlessly.” I set it on the table.

He held it with reverence. “Thank you.”

I nodded and smiled. “You’re welcome. May you someday get out from under this person’s control.”

Sephiroth left that day and I wouldn’t see him for years. In those years I felt a new sense of importance. I was driven to create the sword that he would call his own. I became an apprentice to a weapons’ master. I was to keep the house clean. I did and learned with the other male apprentices.