Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Young Summoner ❯ Discovery ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[...During our journey, we headed back for Luca. It was the final games of the Blitzball season, and I promised the Aurochs I'd be there. Everyone understood. 'Course, when we got there, it didn't take long for my whole word to turn upside down again. Thanks to one of Auron's promises to Jecht]

Yuna, Tidus, and Wakka walked through Luca, killing time until the Aurochs next match. Tidus headed for the bar.

"I'm thirsty. Anybody want something?" He asked, tossing some gil in his hand. Wakka shook his head.

"Nah. I'm fine, ya. Hey don't get to soft now. We gotta play the Goers again." Wakka warned. Tidus scratched the back of his head.

"Yea, yea. I know. Hey Yuna? Drink?" He asked. Yuna smiled and nodded. The two walked off. Tidus thought back to a few days before he arrived to Spira. His niece, Kyra, had visited him. The little girl was very spunky for her age. She had attended his last game. The game Sin attacked. He wondered. Was it possible Sin brought her here too? Or did he kill her? No. That theory went out the window as soon as he remembered the Farplane.

[I had thought about Kyra when we visited the Farplane the first time. 'What happened to her?' 'Did she die painlessly?' I never saw her spirit. That told me she had to be alive. But where?]

He decided he had to find out. He'd never win that tournament if he didn't know. He ran off to find Auron. He knew Yuna was powerful enough to handle herself. The only thing on Tidus's mind was locating Auron.

"Auron? Auron!" He called for the older man. He ran to the docks. There stood Auron. Waiting for him. Tidus ran over.

"You came. I was starting to wonder if you actually worried." He said. Tidus blinked.

"Huh? You know…about Kyra?" He asked. Auron nodded.

"I attended her first birthday party. Do you remember it?"

"Yea. I was Ten. She had this cute little blue party dress on. She reached for her cake and ended up in it face first. She cried and cried. But you were there?"

"Yes. Though I was dressed differently. The pendent she wears…you know it. The orb of water." Auron explained. Tidus thought back. Kyra had short cropped black hair and black eyes She was pale and weak. She wore deep colors. That pendent stood out like a sore thumb.

"Yea. She never goes anywhere without it."

"It was a special gift. It was placed into my possession ten years ago. The legend said that it had to return to its rightful owner. Then perhaps that owner would rid us of Sin." He explained.

"Who gave it to you to give to her?"

"…Jecht." Tidus stopped speaking for a moment.

"Auron? What happened to Kyra that day…in Zanarkand?"

[And then he told me. He explained how after I was brought to Spira, he returned to what remained of Zanarkand, and that he saw Kyra in the Blitzball Stadium, searching through countless dead bodies for mine. How he explained to her I had gone to Spira and how she wanted to go to. To her little mind, she HAD to have thought Auron was talking about Heaven. I remember thinking she must really have cared about me to want to die. I asked why I hadn't seen her on the Farplane then if she had accepted death so long ago. Then he told me. Auron...brought her to Spira. I wanted to know why. He told me the most startling news I had gotten since I learned Sin was Jecht. Kyra was born a Summoner.]

"You're lying!" Tidus shouted. Auron shook his head.

"She is a Summoner. She has pure blood. She needs not to pray to the Fayth. The Aeons will come to her if she asks them. These powerful Aeons trust her." He explained. Tidus couldn't speak.

"A Summoner...she's just a little girl! Are you saying she could possibly beat Sin? You're crazy!" He shouted. Tidus wouldn't accept this. The little girl who adored him so much was a Summoner? A Summoner who didn't have to go to all those temples? He ran off. The others noticed this, and Wakka ran after him.

"Hey!" He called. Tidus kept running. He didn't notice anyone or thing.

[Kyra? A Summoner? If being a Summoner was dangerous for Yuna, who had so many guardians then...it had to be fatal for my niece. I wanted to pretend I never heard what Auron had told me. At that moment, I wanted Jecht to come back and kill me. It took all my strength to not call out to Sin.]

Wakka grabbed Tidus by the shoulders and held onto him. Tidus struggled to get away.

"Let me go! Let me go!" He yelled. Wakka held tight.

"Hold your chocobos! You tell me what's goin' on and THEN I'll let you go, ya?" He said. Tidus calmed down. How could he explain? How could he say his little niece...was a Summoner? And STILL uphold his own sanity?

"I can't tell you...you'd never believe me." He admitted. Wakka chuckled.

"Try me. As long as I've known ya, you've said some pretty weird stuff. This can't be any worse, ya?" He replied. Tidus broke free, and looked back towards the stadium, and tried to imagine what Kyra went through back in Zanarkand. She was only a child and already grown up. So much pain and anger. What went through her mind? What did she feel when she thought her uncle was dead? What? Why? Tidus growled and just dropped to his knees, slamming his fists into the ground.

"That's enough." Auron commanded. Tidus looked up.

"Why? Why did you do that?! Why did you do it Auron?!" He demanded. Auron look the other way. Tidus growled and dashed towards him. The other three guardians had to hold him back.

"She wanted to come find you." He stated solemnly.

"Like that's a good reason!" Just then a small toy Blitzball rammed into Tidus's head. He turned to the direction it came from. And there, standing in a doorway, was the little girl. There was Kyra...