Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Unforgivable -Edition 2- ❯ Wandering Eyes ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Final Fantasy 8.
________________________________________________________________ _____________________

Chapter 1 -Wandering Eyes-

Slowly the kiss broke, icy steel eyes lovingly fixated on the dark brown orbs that we're gazing at the door. Thin brows scrunched up, scrutinizing the situation. Turning slightly to see a blur of radiant golden tresses pass into the room full of celebrating SeeD's, Cadet's, and Officials pushing two others in as well.

Closing his eyes, cringing as a loud crash sounded throughout the room nearby, listening closely he could make out the conversation.

~

"This is all your fault, Irvine!!" A short, yellow dressed young woman screeched, her cheeks bright red in anger.

Rolling his eyes the cowboy put his hands in the air, "My fault?! You're the one who insisted in invading the lovely couples kiss!" Irvine retorted angrily.

Selphie fumed taking out her nunchuka, "If it wasn't for your wondering eyes," She pointed behind them where the three girls immediately scattered. "My camera wouldn't have fallen and crashed!"

~

Stopping his intrusion on the yelling of the now broken beloved camcorder as he heard the angrily yells of Irvine, following by the heavy steps, and door slam.

Turning his attention back to Rinoa. "Rinoa?" Squall called to the empty air, "Rinoa?" He asked a little louder. Shrugging he gazed at the ocean, elbows propped up on the balcony's ledge. 'Where did Rin go?'

A soft hand on his shoulder brought him back to reality, "Hey." The former instructor greeted, then placed her palms on the ledge, gazing at the sea.

"….Hi." Squall replied, breathing in the salty sea air. Tilting his head he looked at the woman beside him; eyes lingered around the curves of her cheeks, and down her neck to her toes, and back to the golden locks of hair. 'Always so appropriately dressed.' Half laughing inside at his own thoughts. 'Why should I worry if she is dressed 'appropriately'? …..I wonder what is wrong, her eyes look distant. …Huh? Why the hell am I worried for? Oh, right, she is a friend, I am supposed to feel this way…'

Sensing his gaze a soft hint of blush quickly wavering to her soft pink tinted cheeks, keeping her cool Quistis turned to him. "Y-yes?"

"Huh?" Squall asked, then realized she must have noticed his 'wandering' eyes, "Oh, sorry." He blushed slightly also, "Have you seen Rinoa?"

Anger burrowed inside of her, 'Always Rinoa! ..Calm down Trepe, calm down.' Pushing her frustrated thoughts behind Quistis stared into his eyes. "You don't know? Last I saw her she was out here with you." Replied the tall, curved woman, small hint of jealousy slipping into her words.

"She was, I turned to look at the door then back and Rin was gone." Squall replied rubbing his forehead with one hand. "What happened?"

"What?" Quistis asked, as he switched the topic.

Squall pointed towards the room, as the dancing and commencing was coming to another peak in the night. "I heard Selphie and Irvine yelling about, a camera?"

Sighing she leaned on the railing both hands holding her head, "Those two," Quistis started, shaking her head. "Irvine's, wandering eye caused him to loose his footing and he dropped Selphie's camcorder."

"…Quistis? Are," Squall began then stopped, slowly he placed a hand on her shoulder.

Eyelids closed over her Pepsi-can-blue eyes, as the hand touched her bare shoulder. "It's the end of the war, I should be happy, right? Everyone's lives are becoming peaceful, finally…" Quistis softly said.

"What's wrong?" Squall asked unsure of how to react to these situations.

"What? No 'Go talk to a wall'?" Quistis replied in her thoughts, only out loud. "Sorry."

Shaking his brown haired head he sighed, "No, don't be. I uh, deserve that," Squall comforted then looked to the moon, his hand still resting on her bare shoulder, thumb lightly stroking the skin.

Letting the cold nights breeze brush across his pale face, "We've been through a great deal…"

***

Rinoa glanced out to the balcony, as her footing stopped, gazing at the site before her, tears welded up in her eyes as she stormed from the balcony's window and out of the ballroom unnoticed.

The cowboy glanced down the hallway as a sobbing young woman, and friend ran down the hallway towards her dorm. "Rinoa? Hey, why are you crying'?" Irvine asked pulling her to his chest before she stormed by.

"Oh, hey Irvy." Rinoa said through her sobs, "Can we go in your room? I don't want anyone to see me right now."

Irvine's eyes glittered with a unknown evilness to them, "Sure thing, come on we will have some coffee and talk." Stepping aside he unlocked the door, pushing it open with his foot, letting the lady pass first before entering and locking the door behind him.

***

_________________________________________________________ ____________________________

*

_._._._._._._._._._._._TBC_._._ ._._._._._._._._._

*

________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Author's Note

Well, I have finally completed Chapter One of the Unforgivable Series -Edition 2-. What do you think? Good? Bad? Needs work? Revise? Either way, please review, good or bad. Thanks!