Firefly/Serenity Fan Fiction ❯ Bounty Hunter to Petty Theif ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Firefly. Set during the series. No one’s dead.

Disclaimer: I don’t own this series or the movie that came from it.

This story is written for my younger sister who is madly in lust with Jayne Cobb.

Prologue.
This isn’t how it was supposed to be. The job was easy. Why did this have to happen? Adriana stood there stunned. Malcolm had ordered her and Zoe to drop their guns, so they did. Now they stood there watching as their “friend” held a gun to them.

“Jayne…” Mal started.

“Shut it, Mal!” Jayne ordered and pointed the gun at him. Mal stepped back.

Adriana looked at Jayne in shock. She knew him. Knew this had to be some trick. It just had to be.

“Jayne…” she started. “Why?”

“Money was just too good, darlin,’” he said not looking at her.

Why couldn’t he look at her?

“We’re your friends. Don’t do this,” she pleaded.

“Sorry, girlie. Gotta,” he didn’t hesitate. He just pulled the trigger. Adriana froze as she watched the one man who could never hurt her fall to the ground. Mal was bleeding badly from his stomach. She turned back in time to see Jayne riding away.

“Jayne!” She yelled. “JAYNE!!” He turned and looked at her. There was nothing there. No emotion whatsoever.