Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In Love With The Zodiac ❯ Specto ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
S.N.: n.n; Hope you like it. I got really bored and I can’t find my Fruits Basket anime! TT.TT So, I decided to write this. It’ll be weird I know. I haven’t updated my other FB fan fiction for a while. Gomen! The title of the chapter means “to watch”. It’s Latin. Oh! I was listening to Itsumo. It’s the opening theme to Fruits Basket, it was in Japanese (obviously).

Ayame - 27, Kagome - 27

Disclaimer: I own the first three mangas of FB and a DVD or two of Inuyasha with four mangas. I did own the anime, but alas it is lost. My mother refuses to bu me another one and I offered to pay, too! T.T The animes and mangas belong to their respectful people, not me.

---

Specto

He had been watching her for a while now. Long blue-black hair, misty silver-blue eyes. She came and went in his shop, buying different fabrics. He, Ayame, had always wanted to ask her what for; but when he went to, his confidence would go away and he’d simply watch.

Ayame would only talk to her when she came to the register. Her voice was soft. Those orbs held wisdom of things most wouldn’t -no- couldn’t dream about! Her face wasn’t angular, but wasn’t overly cheeky. Past the childish looks, but not fully mature to the point of old age and wishing to be young again.

She was beautiful he had to admit, but Ayame wondered. What made this girl stand out against all the rest? What was it that caught his attention? What? Why? So many questions cluttered his mind. But Ayame didn’t have enough information to answer them. It was as if he was merely meant to watch her and not know her.

Ayame saw her outside his shop once or twice. And those times, he saw children around her. The second time was when she just bought fabric. They asked if she was going to make them more dolls to play with. To him, it would seem that she was a babysitter of some sort, or she ran an orphanage.

Mine liked to watch her when she was in the store. His gold irises would take in the sight as the women occasionally talked about all different clothing. Mine had a passion for her different outfits. She even offered the woman if she wanted to try on any outfit, but the blue-black haired woman declined politely.

Usually he was flamboyant and a bit loud, but Ayame did have his quiet moments. If one of his relatives were here, they would’ve wanted him to say something, anything to thwart the pregnant silence that permitted the shop as the woman was here. Was he quiet out of respect, or so the woman could be to her own thoughts and not disrupt her?

Ayame didn’t really know he answer, but opted for the silence was out respect. Obviously the woman liked the fabrics here and that made pride swell in his chest at the thought. Ayame loved his work with a passion. Anyone who asked him would get that answer, he wouldn’t lie about it.

Here he was admiring a woman he didn’t know as she went about his shop. Ayame didn’t even know her name fir crying out loud. He was currently behind the counter that held the register. Sitting on a stool he was, arms on the counter, his face resting in his let hand. The juunishi let his orbs follow her body.

The hebi had to admit that her body was nice. A bit curvy, but not overly. She was a bit shorter than him, but only by about five inches, maybe less. The woman liked capris, that was for sure. She’d wear a tank top styled dress that went to mid-thigh, but she couldn’t admire her legs as well with the long shorts, short pants on.

One thing Ayame noticed over the time was the beautiful woman wore a half a millimeter thick gold chain with a gold frame that formed a heart with a heart-shaped ruby in the tip of it, near the words ‘I Love You’. Obviously a lover must’ve given that to her or she wouldn’t be wearing it. But what if it was previously owned, though?

The juunishi sighed through his nose, he remembered when he went over Shigure’s house. He mentioned the girl to him, but when he asked her name, Ayame couldn’t supply it. His cousin suggested that he at least know her name, it nothing else. Ayame didn’t stay the night, though, so he was gone after dinner.

All through that he was quiet even. He could feel Yuki, Kyo, and Tohru’s stare on him. Usually he was talking and making comments here and there, but that night it was as if he was a graveyard. Several times the inu had to snap Ayame out of his thought so he wouldn’t drop his food onto his clothes.

All because of the woman that frequently visited his shop. The hebi knew she could feel his eyes on her. He even barely caught her eyes when she looked over at him questionably. He didn’t make her uncomfortable, he could tell, but merely curious as to why he was watching her for so long.

Ayame closed his eyes, it was now or never today. He would at least ask her name, if nothing else. He would at least be fulfilled even if it is just with a name. When his sun kissed orbs opened they met misty blue kissed ones looking at him questionably from under long dark lashes.

“Sorry, I kind of zoned out there. Ready to pay?” he had barely been able to force his voice t work. Ayame saw her nod her head, dark silky tresses fell over her shoulder as she set the different fabrics on the counter. The hebi of the juunishi rang up the prices, absently watching from the corner of his eyes as she studied his features.

The price came up and she took the amount needed to pay out of her pocket. When she handed it to him, the fingers brushed. Ayame swore that it was a feeling he wanted, but she wouldn’t be able to hug him though. He purposely prolonged the way he typed in the amount and received the change.

“Here you are miss…?” Ayame stated and he watched as she blushed.

“Kagome Higurashi.” she supplied.

Ayame nodded his head, “Here you are Miss Kagome.”

The hebi handed her the change and a receipt for the fabrics.

“Take care.” Ayame murmured.

“Huh? Oh! You too…?”she started to reply.

“Ayame Sohma.”

Kagome nodded he head, her black-blue tresses falling even more over her shoulder, “You too Ayame.”

With that, she was out of the store. Golden orbs watched her leave. Kagome Higurashi huh? Ayame let a small smile grace his face as he resumed his earlier position. So that was the name of his distant black iris, his kurome. He would enjoy seeing her more often here now that they knew each other’s name. Maybe they could….

No, Akito wouldn’t like that. But, at least she could be his friend if nothing else. Maybe he should introduce her to his young brother. But he would have to stop playing her watcher, which for now was what he was content with for now. He would watch his black iris. Who knows, maybe something good could come out of it.

-Fin-

---

S.N.: n.n; Yeah. An Ayame/Kagome one shot. … :D I know! I’ll make a collection of Kagome/a FB male collection thingy! n.n R&R.