Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ A Bouncing Baby Boy ❯ Yuki ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I just realized, that I never gave disclaimers, never did those catchy little dialogue things…

I shall REMEDY that!

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the plot. But if you want, you can donate Hatori to me! *Looks around hopefully* Anyone? Anyone?

Note: Thanks very much, double_kodachi and Tenrousei!

****

"All in all," remarked Hatori, "I think Yuki is taking this quite well." Better than the rest of you at any rate, he mentally added. Shigure sat up with a pout that even Hatori had to admit was cute.

"When I've recovered I shall go shopping for baby clothes," he promised. "How are Tohru-kun, and Hanajima?"

"I've driven Hanajima home, and told her not to tell anyone. Tohru is in bed; I gave her some sleeping medicine. I think in a while she'll be up and ready to baby Kyou."

Shigure grinned. "Well, Kyou is cute. Actually, I'm quite surprised. I'd forgotten how adorable he was as a baby."

Hatori nodded. "Yuki is actually quite getting into it."

Shigure grinned. "See? I told you, Yuki has some fine maternal instinct. But we might have some trouble restraining Tohru-"

The words had no sooner left his mouth than Yuki came dashing through the door, with a little orange kitten in his hands, Tohru following him, with tears streaming down her cheeks again. The kitten was mewling and trying to cling to Yuki, but scratching him instead.

"I'm sorry!" cried Tohru, trying to pat the kitten. "I'm really sorry!"

"Tohru-san, I told you not to get out of the bed, you need rest!" exclaimed Hatori, glaring at Yuki.

"I just though that seeing Kyou would… cheer her up," protested the grey haired boy, trying to disentangle the kitten. Tohru bit her lip. "Oh it did!" she hurried to say. "But-but-"

"He was just so cute that you couldn't keep your hands off him?" joked Shigure. Hatori hid a smile. Somehow, Shigure made the comment sound humorous. Hatori had been about to say it too, but he knew that if he did so, it would come out rather sarcastic.

Tohru smiled through her tears. "Yeah…"

"Yuki could you make Kyou stop that noise!" snapped Hatori. Yuki glared at the doctor.

"It's not my fault, is it?" he demanded, gamely trying to soothe the mewling kitten.

"Oh, toss it here," sighed Shigure, holding out his arms.

"TOSS?"

Shigure quailed under Yuki's suddenly ferocious gaze and ventured timidly to say, "It was just a figure of speech Yuki-kun, don't need to get all het up…"

By this time, Kyou had begun to calm down, and as he did so, there was a poof and he was wriggling naked in Yuki's arms. "I'll get him some clothes!" cried Tohru. "Before he catches a cold!"

Accordingly, she grabbed a set of Shigure's robes, wrapped Kyou up, and then rushed out of the room to look for Kyou's rightful clothes. Yuki looked at the bundled up Kyou, who was gurgling and regarding Yuki with a playful gleam in his large red eyes. Yuki actually smiled down at the baby, and very handsome he looked too, the Yuki fangirls would have all squealed and fainted. Hatori cleared his throat. "Er, Yuki… I need to take Kyou to be inspected. To see how old he is, whether or not he is perfectly healthy-"

"Why shouldn't he be?" flared Yuki coldly. "I've been-"

"Ha-san just wants to make sure, Yuki-kun, he's not doubting your mother hen skills," commented Shigure.

Yuki went red. "I am not mothering Kyou."

Shigure laughed. "Any more of the love, Yuki, and you'd be worse than Tohru-kun."

"I am not!"

Shigure winked. "I know, I know, you can't pour all that suppressed love out on Kyou when he's normal, but remember, Yuki-kun, that right now, he's only a baby…"

"WHAT are you insinuating?" yelled Yuki. "I'm not a pedophile!"

"Maybe a Kyoudophile?" suggested Shigure to Hatori.

At that moment, Tohru arrived, saving Shigure from some possible bodily damage. "Here!" she said, smiling as she proffered the clothes to Yuki. She had washed her face, and was looking more cheerful, but still a bit frail.

"Thank you, Honda-san," said Yuki. "I think that you should get some rest now, though."

"Oh, but can I dress him!" said Tohru eagerly. Shyly, she touched Kyou's cheek. "He's so cute like this!"

Kyou smiled gummily at Tohru. He liked her a lot better when she wasn't trying to steal him away from his beloved Yuyu. Tohru twinkled back at him, a flush coming into her cheeks. "He's so CUTE!"

"I know," replied Yuki, starting to dress Kyou gently.

"I prefer high school girls," muttered Shigure.

"Pervert," replied Hatori.

Shigure smirked at him. Sometimes Hatori had the feeling that Shigure's more racy remarks were just meant to rile him up. Unconsciously Hatori sighed, and leant forward to trace Shigure's lips. "Don't look at me like that," he breathed. Shigure's face heated up, and he too leant forward-

"Excuse me, we're still here!" said Yuki, turning around, twitching slightly as he covered Kyou's wondering eyes. Tohru had a hand over her mouth, trying to cover her bubbling giggles. Both Hatori and Shigure blushed.

"Don't be stupid, Yuki," growled Hatori. "It wasn't meant in that way!" Was it him, or was there a spark of despair in Shigure's eyes? However, the writer nodded, agreeing with Hatori.

Kyou batted at Yuki's hands, till he took them away, but Kyou still wouldn't let go. He appeared to be playing `This piggy went to the market' with Yuki's fingers. Tohru melted. "Awwwww."

Yuki's jaw tightened, but his violet eyes sparkled.

Then Kyou put Yuki's finger into his mouth and sucked. "Kyou!" cried Yuki, taking his ring finger out hurriedly. "No! Bad Kyou! Don't simply put thing in your mouth, understand?"

Kyou shook his head. No, he did not understand.

"It's bad for you," scolded Yuki.

"And a new pair of baby gear, and a bottle, and a pacifier…" muttered Shigure, counting the items off on his hand. "You know, Ha-san, I hear Ayame has some stylish clothes for babies coming out…"

Hatori smiled down at the writer, knowing what Shigure was thinking. They never stopped trying to get Yuki to be closer to his brother, and this might prove a golden opportunity, because Ayame was good with kids as well. "We might take Yuki, Kyou and Tohru down for shopping at his store," Hatori suggested.

Shigure winked. "Sounds like a plan."