Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Advanced Reading ❯ Advanced Reading ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ADVANCED READING
By: Natilie Sawada
 
Kyo~X~Reader Fan-fiction
(l/n) = Your last name
(f/n) = Your first name
Dedicated to: Lindsay Shoe. Hey, Kyo-lover. This one's for you. And you love your adult romance (don't we all). Well, here's to you and Kyo! Happy reading! ^_^
 
“(l/n)-san! Are you reading in class again?!” You jump, looking up from your book.
“Huh?! Uh…” you look down, letting you bangs cover your eyes, feeling a blush come across your cheeks. “Yes, Sensei. I'm sorry.”
“This is the fifth time! See me after class.” Giggles come from behind you. Whatever. It was worth it. And besides, it was the last class of the day. You could stay after a couple extra minutes. This book was really good, though. You'd probably walk home reading and bump into things.
“All right, class, take out your books and read up to chapter seven starting where we left off yesterday, and your assignment is to do questions one through twenty-seven for homework.” You reach for your English book and open up to the page. When the teacher's back is turned, you sneak your book behind it and read for the rest of class.
You'll turn seventeen next month. You're quiet and keep to yourself, and your nose is always in a book. Usually bookworm equals no boyfriends and that is the case for you. So you settle for reading books about other people falling in love. There was this one especially good author that you like a lot. He wrote some of the books like “In the Moonlight” and “A Summer Sigh”. Adult romance was the best.
The bell rang and you jump. You sigh and gather your things into your backpack, and hoist it over one shoulder. Once the crowd is gone, you make your way over to the teacher's desk to find another student standing by it too. He probably got caught doing something else earlier…while you were reading. It was really dangerous reading that stuff in class though. It gave you shivers, so you had to be careful. And you were just at a really good part to!
“Sohma-san, you need to control your temper.” You look up. That was that boy's name. Kyo Sohma. He had really weird orange hair. You study him for a minute while he glared at a piece of chalk on the teacher's desk while she gave him a lecture. He was cute, you had to admit. No, the word “cute” only went with some guys. This guy—Kyo—he was h-hott! You study his forearms. He had some serious muscles. You wonder if he likes anyo—
“…and (l/n)-san, you know you shouldn't be reading in class. It distracts you from the material.”
“I understand, Sensei.” You mutter, trying not to catch another glimpse of the boy standing next to you, waiting for her to dismiss you both.
“Good. Now you both would do well to mind what I've said. You can go.” Thank God. You head for the door. Then you realize you have to go to your locker for a folder you forgot. The locker gets stuck when you try to open it. Dang it.
“Hey, (f/n)!” Someone shouts, and you wheel around. It's Kyo heading towards you, his usual scowl prominent on his face. But when you meet his gaze, his anger seems to soften…or is it just you. “It is (f/n), right?
“Yeah? So…”
“Uh…are you in my third period Bio class?” He asks.
“Yeah.” You're trying not to blush. Jeez. The boy was to damn hot for his own good. And the weird colored eyes staring into you aren't helping.
“I forgot our assignment. What was it?” You think about it, trying not to let you thoughts wander…
“We have to finish the study guide and do reading sections one and two.”
“Jeez, do you think they just sit around and think up ways to torture us?” You laugh and smile despite yourself, and you think you catch his expression soften a little bit more. You laugh echoes through the silent hall.
“Well…” you say awkwardly, “I'll see you tomorrow.”
“Yeah,” he answers. You start to head away, your thoughts already…else where. You don't even notice that when you turn to go, you forgot to zip up your backpack and something falls out. Kyo picks up a small paperback book, and calls to you as you continue down the hall, but you don't hear him. He shrugs and slips the book into his backpack.
The Next Day
You lost your book yesterday, and you were sulky about it all night. Now you'll have to go out and buy another copy to find out what happens. In the mean time you've started reading another book. The same author as the other. You'd hear online that he lived right in your area. Suddenly a medium loud “baam” sounds and you jump. You look and it seems someone has dropped a book onto your desk. It's the one you lost yesterday! You look up to see…oh god…Kyo Sohma….with a smirk on his face?
“Interesting reading material…” Suddenly your whole world comes crashing down. He's seen the kind of books you've been reading! Oh, god, he must think you're some kind of sick pervert. This isn't good.
“I—uh,” you start, “I—um, I mean, I don't—ah, I mean,” RIIIIING! Thank god. Saved by the bell.
“All right, class! Get your homework ready to turn it…”
All through class you keep seeing Kyo looking at you out of the corner of your eye. But since the best vision isn't usually out of the corner of your eye, you can't really see what expression he's wearing. Oh god. He's so hot and he probably thinks you're a creep. You're obsessing about it all hour. The bell rings and you rush out of the classroom. You don't see Kyo for the rest of the day. But when the bell rings for the last class and you turn the corner to go to your locker…there he is…leaning against your locker. By now, most of the kids have started making their way toward the exits by now, and since your locker is relatively in the center of the school, the hallway is deserted.
“…Hey, Kyo,” you say, looking at your feet.
“Hey, yourself.” He says. “Why have you been avoiding me all day?” You look up in surprise.
“Avoidi—I was avoiding you? And how can you be avoiding you when I pretty much didn't know you existed until yesterday.” And now you're very aware of it now.
“You're still avoiding me. Look if it's about that book—” Your face heats up extremely.
“I can explain!”
“Uh…It's okay.” To your surprise his hand is on your shoulder. You look up and him and he has a soft expression on his face. “I actually read it last night,” you wince and your blush deepens, “and it was a pretty good book.” You stare up at him.
“Wha—?”
“Well, the story was good, with the whole two people falling in love bit. And the sex scenes weren't too badly written either.” He laughed. You are a bit shorter than him, so your eye level is at his throat. You laugh nervously along. You're all alone in the hallway with a really hot guy who's talking about an adult romance novel with you. The light above your section of the hall flickers out, and now Kyo is cast in shadow.
“(f/n), I…” he looks away, and, to your amazement, you think you can see a blush spreading across his face. He takes a deep breath and sighs. “Ever since yesterday…when I saw you after school…I couldn't get you out of my head!” You inhale sharply. So the attraction was mutual.
“Kyo, I…it's the same for me.” Suddenly his hands are pressed against the locker on either side of your head, and his face is so close to yours.
“I can't think about anything but you.” He whispers, staring into your eyes. And suddenly he's kissing you. You are taken by surprise by the intensity of it. Electricity shoots through your whole body. His arms wrap around your waist, pulling you closer, but for some reason keeping about an inch between your torsos. The kiss deepens and your hands move of their own accord, slipping beneath the hem of his shirt, feeling the heat pouring off his chest.
When you finally break away, you're both gasping for air, and you step back.
“I've read about it, but I never though it would be like that,” you pant, laughing nervously.
“I'm right there with you,” he looks at you.
“What?” you ask. He smiles.
“Got anymore books I can borrow?” You glare at him.
“You're a sick puppy, Kyo.”
“Hey, you're the one who owns the books.” You smile.
“Touché,” you agree. “Walk me home and I'll get them. They're in my room.”
THE END