Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ After the storm ❯ Deep thoughts ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Deep Thoughts

I wonder how's Sohma-kun doing now? He seemed not his usual self today. Why can't I just tell him that I like him? Honda thought to herself as she looked out of the window. The stars looked so beautiful that night. If only life were as beautiful as the stars… Honda thought before falling asleep.

The next morning, Honda found Yuki sitting in his secret base, watering his plants. "Morning, Sohma-kun." Honda said as she moved towards him. She could see his wavy grayish hair and his purple eyes which seem always so faraway and deep in thought "Morning, Honda-san." Yuki said with a smile.

As both of them sat together beside each other, they did not know what to say and just at down there. Both of them were thinking to break the tension and at the same time, they spoke. Both of them blushed and again remained silent for a few seconds before Yuki said," The strawberries plants are growing quite well, don't you think so?" to break the tension. "Yeah… they are growing quite well." Honda said repeating what Yuki had said. A gust of chilly wind blew by and that sent Honda shivering. Yuki saw it and said, "Why don't we go back into the house?" as he got up and started to walked towards home, with Honda following right behind.

Just as they reached the doorstep, Kagure could be seen dragging the unwilling Kyou out again. With that, the door would have to be repaired again. -_-â-Š

Now with just both of them in the house and Honda doing the laundry , Yuki sat down on the chair and started to think about Honda again and how she might felt towards Kyou. He thought that though he won Kyou in almost all the fights, he just could not win him in associating with people. Then, he thought that now could be his only chance to tell Honda how he really feel but what if , what if she did not feel the same way, what if she kept away from him after that … what if that really happens, but if he missed this chance, he might never have another chance. Finally , he decided to take the risk and so he went into the kitchen. "Emm, Honda-san , I need to talk to you." Honda jumped up at the voice of Yuki as she did not hear him come into the kitchen. She turned around to find herself facing the same purple eyes. But now , instead of faraway in thoughts , the eyes were focused on her.

"What is it that you want to talk to me about , Sohma-kun?" Honda asked, blushing a little. "I…I…HONDA-SAN ! I LOVE YOU !" Yuki shouted out, "I really love you . You were the first one to open my heart, smile at me , know me and everything ! I wouldn't know what to do if you are not in my life…I…I"

Honda , who was shocked to hear that, took a step backwards. Yuki who saw her do that was sad and he said, "Sorry to frighten you Honda-san. I won't do …" But he was cut off by Honda who said, "Are those words true, Sohma-kun? Is this just a dream ?" Tears were glistering in her eyes again………