Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Amor Del Dragon ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
This beautiful creation known as Fruits Basket is owned by none other than…Natsuki Takaya
*cries* I want Yuki-kun…

Amor Del Dragn

By Yasu-san

Chapter 4

“Don’t forget me.” A voice said.

“I could never forget you.” Hatori answered.

“Don’t forget me!” The voice said again stronger. But now it was fading away.

“Wait! Please! Don’t leave me!” Hatori called desperately to the drifting voice.

“Please…”

Hatori jolted up right. It was just a dream.

Hatori put his hand to his chest. His heart was pounding like crazy. It felt so real. That something was leaving him behind. Leaving him to suffer…

Then the smell got to Hatori. It was…food? That’s right; he was at Holly’s house. She must be up already.

Hatori got off the couch and folded the sheets neatly and left them on the armrest. He didn’t remember going to sleep… Great, he had fallen asleep on Holly (A/N: Not literally) while they were talking, probably. She must think him rude now.

Hatori walked into the kitchen and saw that Holly was busy at the stove. She didn’t notice him and there and kept her back to him.

Hatori watched her. She was so sure of everything. She was a wonderful cook, if the spaghetti last night was any indication. She mixed the egg in the bowl with quick little movements. Hatori was entranced watching her. She poured the bowl’s contents into the frying pan and grabbed the spatula from the counter. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw something. She whipped around.

“Oh! Hatori-san! You scared me.” Holly said relieved. She thought he was burglar or something.

“Breakfast is almost ready.” She said happily. Now she could also make sure he started his day with a good meal.

“I’ll set the table then.” Hatori said. He guessed where the plates were and was right. He opened the cabinets above the counter and took out the plates.

Right after Hatori set the last plate on the table Holly walked in with a plate of pancakes.

‘I hope he doesn’t mind a western breakfast. I probably should have asked him. But I didn’t want to wake him up…’

“I hope you don’t mind a western breakfast.” Holly voiced her concern.

“Of course not.” Hatori said sitting at the table. The pancakes looked excellent. They were fluffy and a perfect brown. She really was a great cook.

Holly went back for the eggs when she set down the pancakes. When she came back Hatori had already dove into the pancakes.

“How are they? I hope they’re to your taste.”

“They’re delicious. How do you get them to be so fluffy? All the ones I’ve had have been flat. I didn’t know they could be thicker.”

“Oh. I guess it must be a different recipe.” Holly set down the eggs and served herself. “I make it from scratch. With a box mix, you have to add the wet ingredients yourself. They just have the dry mix measured for you. It’s the same amount of energy so I just do it all.”

“Well it’s delicious.” Hatori commented taking another bite of pancake. Holly smiled. She served him some eggs.

“I’m glad you like it.” Holly said relieved. Her friends always said she was a great cook but she knew what to make for them. She didn’t have a clue to what Hatori liked. All she knew was he liked the spaghetti and pancakes. Holly looked up and saw that Hatori was staring at her.

“Is something wrong?” Holly asked, panic rising in her chest. He hated the food?!

“No. I asked if you studied in cooking.” Hatori said. The food was so good!

“Oh! No, not really. I mean, you had to take Home Ec. In high school but, I didn’t really study it. I just cooked at my house. My mom died when I was 10 and then it was just my dad and me. He was always working to save up for my education so I did the cooking and I really liked it. I like that I can make something for someone that is good for them and will help them.” Holly smiled.

‘Oh great. That probably sounded weird.’ Holly thought to herself.

Hatori laughed.

Holly looked up.

“I’m sorry. That was rude. It’s just that you remind me of someone.” Hatori said smiling. ‘She’s just like a grownup Honda-kun. Less clumsy, though.’ Hatori thought to himself.

“Oh.” Holly smiled. She sighed inside. At least it wasn’t the food. They continued eating and chatting.

Holly got up and started collecting the dishes. Hatori started to help her.

“Oh, you don’t have to help.” Holly insisted.

“I wouldn’t feel right if I didn’t.” Hatori said. He carried some of the dishes into the kitchen and filled the sink. Hatori washed the dishes and Holly dried them and put them away this time.

“Well, I’ll be leaving now. Thank you for the delicious breakfast.” Hatori said as he dried his hands on a dishrag.

“Oh, you don’t have to leave so soon.” Holly said. A funny feeling inside was wanting him to stay a little longer.

“No, I’ve already intruded into your house. Besides, Akito will be wondering where I am.” Hatori said, mainly to himself.

Holly had a questioning look on her face but Hatori didn’t see it as he turned towards the door for his coat.

“Thank you for your hospitality.” Hatori said.

“Oh, it was nothing.” Holly smiled back.

Good, she didn’t seem to remember last night’s events. Hatori turned and opened the door.

“Oh.” Holly said.

“Hm?” Hatori asked turning to face her.

“Well, wasn’t your car not working?” Holly asked. Her heart beat rapidly. ’Why is my heart beating so fast?’ She thought to herself.

“Oh, yes. Well, hopefully it will work now.” Hatori said walking out the door.

“If it’s not, you’re welcome to stay. Keiko-chan has the car, but when she comes back you can borrow it.” Holly said.

“Thank you.” Hatori said in reply. He walked down the flights of stairs to the parking lot behind the building complex.

Holly rushed to the back window and looked down. She saw Hatori get into the car and the car rumbled with energy, good as new. She sighed in defeat. She didn’t want him to go.

‘Oh, what am I thinking? I really will never see him again now. Last night was just a coincidence.’
Holly tried to convince herself.

She saw Hatori step out of the car and wave up to her. She blushed and waved back hoping he couldn’t see her redness from down there.

* * * * * * * *

Hatori stepped into the car and put the key into the ignition. He paused for a moment…hoping the car wouldn’t turn on…. He turned the key and the car rumbled into action.

Stupid car. This kind of thing only happens in movies or bad fan fictions.
(A/N: teehee) Hatori thought to himself. He waved up at Holly to give his final good bye. He probably wouldn’t see her again after this. They had only met last night out of coincidence. (A/N: Yeah right) He saw her wave back and drove off.

As he turned onto the main road, he thought back to when he turned on the car. Why did he not want the car to turn on?

* * * * * * * *

Hatori drove up to the main house and parked the car. He looked at his watch. 10:00 am. Hopefully Akito wouldn’t be too inquisitive.

He stepped through the main doors and was immediately greeted by the maids.

“Good morning Hatori-sama.” They said in unison.

Hatori nodded acknowledgment.

He immediately began to walk in the direction of Akito’s room, thinking of an excuse to why he was so late. But he was halted in his path by one of the older maids.

“Excuse me Hatori-sama. But Akito-sama is still sleeping. It seems today is one of his weaker days.” The maid politely explained. “I don’t think he should be bothered. He should really rest.” The maid said, bowing. She might be over steeping her boundaries. Hatori-sama was the doctor after all.

“Yes. He should not be disturbed. I’ll just be over at my house. Call me if you need anything.” Hatori said and walked out of the main house.

* * * * * * * *

‘Today might be any easy day if Akito is still resting.’
Hatori thought to himself. He walked over to his car and started the engine. His house wasn’t that far from the main house but he couldn’t leave his car by the main house. If Akito woke to find his car in a different spot than at his house, he would start to get ideas.

Hatori parked the car by his house and entered, depositing his shoes by the door. The moment Hatori walked inside he thrust outside again by an over zealous snake and dog.

“Get off of me!” Hatori said sternly.

“Never. You will never leave us again, Haa-san.” Shigure cried.

“Yes! We will stay together forever!” Ayame chipped in.

Hatori managed to roll out from underneath the two due to years of experience, leaving the two tangled by limbs. He walked into the kitchen, filled a teapot with water, and set it on the stove.

‘I was hoping for some peace and quiet when I came home. How do these idiots keep appearing in my life at the worst moments?’
Hatori sighed rubbing his temples with his index finger and thumb.

* * * * * * * *

Holly sighed and left the window, the curtain falling back into place. She started to walk to the living room when she fell down.

“Ouch!” She fell on the floor with a clatter.

‘Uggh. Stupid ankle.’
She had forgotten about the injury and hobbled over to the couch and sat down.

Just then, the door opened and Keiko came in looking depressed.

“That was the most horriblest night I have ever had.” Keiko whined as she flopped down on the couch beside Holly.

Holly laughed. “Most horriblest?”

“Your IQ will drop 40 points when you spend a night with him.” Keiko leaned back and threw her arm over her eyes.

“Oh yeah.” She sat upright and stared at Holly with a grin on her face. Her whole attitude had suddenly changed.

“What?” Holly asked.

“You spent the night with a man too.” Keiko said. “Was it good?”

“Was what good?” Holly asked. Keiko gave her a knowing look.

“WHAT?! NO IT…IT WASN’T.. YOU HAVE THE WRONG…!!!” Holly stammered out.

“Hahaha.” Keiko laughed as Holly managed to turn redder than a fire truck.

“It wasn’t like that!” Holly still tried to convince Keiko that nothing happened.

“I know, I know. I’m just messing with ya.” Keiko said after her laughs settled down to giggles.

“Mm.” Holly muttered, still beat red.

“Seriously. What happened? How did he even get over here?” Keiko asked.

“Well, after you ABANDONED me. He took me home but when he tried to leave, his car wouldn’t start. So he stayed the night.” Holly explained innocently.

“His car wouldn’t start? But I saw him drive off when I came into the complex.” Keiko said questioningly.

“Well. It was weird, but when he tried it, it worked this morning.” Holly said, a little sad. Why did she not want him to leave? He probably had work. With that Akito-san, he mentioned.

“That stuff only happens in movies and cheesy fanfics. (A/N: Heheh…)” Keiko said. “Perhaps it’s destiny!” Keiko said, throwing herself down, and leaning back on the couch. “But now, details. Fess up.” Keiko said. Apparently not letting this lie down with out getting some juicy facts.

“Nothing happened.” Holly said standing up. “Oh…” Holly frowned.

“What?” Keiko said, sitting up. Her interest perked.

“Well. I had this weird dream. It was storming and the lightning scared me, so I started to fall. When I woke up Hatori-san said that I hit my head. But the dream I had was so weird…” Holly’s said thinking over her dream.

“What was it about?” Keiko asked.

At this, Holly turned bright red again.

“Oh! Something naughty!” Keiko smiled.

“No! Well..! Not that!! It was …! Ugghh… Hatori was in it. Yes. But!” Holly said holding up her hand before Keiko could jump to conclusions. “He just turned into a sea horse. Then I woke up.” Holly said. Leaving out the nudity part.

“Oh. That is weird.” Keiko said a little disappointed. Holly needed to get out there more often. She was so shy and soft spoken that at this rate she would never find a man.

“But. He fell asleep on the couch… I was in the next room. He must have been tired. You should have seen him Keiko-chan. He looked so peaceful, but so strong…” Holly blushed at the memory of seeing Hatori asleep on her couch. It might have been silly, but when she laid the blanket on him, she felt like a housewife taking care of her husband after he came home from a long day of work.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk. Leave your naughty thoughts alone.” Keiko scolded.

“Wait! No! I wasn’t!…..” Holly spluttered out. Keiko fell over laughing. It was so easy to tease Holly. And so much fun too!

“I’m kidding, I’m kidding. So what happened after that?” Keiko said after gaining control of herself.

“Well. I went to bed.” Holly said, staring at Keiko blankly.

‘Gosh. She’s so innocent. She should have at least curled up next to him on the couch and slept like that. I’m sure he wouldn’t have minded. And if would have, then there’s something wrong with him. Holly’s so cute. She just doesn’t see it in herself. I’ll have to arrange a way for them to see each other again….”
Keiko thought deviously.

“What are you thinking?” Holly asked. She could just see Keiko was planning something.

“Nothing, nothing.” Keiko smiled.

* * * * * * * *

Meanwhile, back at Hatori’s house.

The teakettle whistled on the stove and was immediately taken off the heat. Hatori poured the water into three teacups and brought out the tea to his unexpected guests.

“What do you want?” Hatori asked setting down the tray with the tea.

“Just to visit an old friend who works to hard and ignores his best friends.” Shigure said pretending to cry.

“And to make you tell us what happened last night.” Ayame said cheerfully.

“Oh yes, that too.” Shigure said, instantly recovered.

“Get out.” Hatori said rubbing his eyes. He didn’t have the energy to put up with these two.

“Aahhh. Why be like that Haa-san?” Shigure pouted.

“Maybe he’s so tired from his little “session” with Holly-san?” Ayame said provocatively.

“Ohh…” Shigure smiled deviously.

Hatori shot up at this. “Nothing happened!” He would not allow them to talk about Holly like that! She was too innocent to be thought of like that.

“She came into my office because her friend needed to upgrade the computers. She twisted her ankle and I drove her home, but then my car decided to stop working and I had to spend the night at her place. I left straight after breakfast. Happy. That’s all. Now get out.” Hatori said, selectively choosing what they really needed to know.

“Now. Now Tori-san. We need to know more than that. What did you two talk about? What’s she like?” Ayame asked as politely as he could.

“You really don’t need to know that.” Hatori said, his patience running thin.

“Please Haa-san. I know we might be coming off strongly, but we are just worried about you. You really like this girl don’t you? Ayame and I are just worried about what could happen, if things don’t go too well with Akito.” Shigure said seriously.

Hatori looked at them. He could tell they were just looking out for him. He didn’t need a repeat of the Kana incident and they were going to do their best to keep it like that.

Hatori sighed deeply. He had decided he would tell them about Holly seeing his cursed form.

* * * * * * * *

Author’s Ranting: I AM SO SORRY! I know it’s been like a year since I touched this! I was trying to update at the end of May but exams came up and then I went to a bunch of Girl Scout camps and then I didn’t know what to write. But then! I read all of the reviews I have ever received and it really perked me up. So then I started typing and after a awhile I had typed three pages! I tried to make this chapter long to pay you all back. I’m going to try to be better at updating. (After a year of not updating I don’t think you can get any worse). I left as kind of a cliff hanger-ish-type-thingy…. So now I do have a place to start for chapter 5. And then after that I will wing it! I’ve decided on the ending. I just need to get there…..Yeah….. Well, until next time! Please forgive me! And thank you all who have not given up on me!

Yasu-san

Stay Happy!

P.S. I just recently got a secret myspace account! Woot woot! I’m not really allowed to have one. Hehehe… If you guys want to message me my user name is Yasu-san! (Real original….) and my e-mail address is begazofamily@hotmail.com. I just read through all this and I’m sorry if it seems rushed. I just really want to post his. Gomen and Ja ne!