Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Cat and Mouse ❯ Mouse ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Cat and Mouse: Ch 2

------------------------

Yuki had just gone up because he heard Kyou yelling and he knew that if the stupid cat hurt himself Tooru would be sad. Of course he hadn't expected to be punched in the face. He had reached out and grabbed the first thing he could. Kyou's shirt. And dragged the other along with him as he fell. He winced at the cat's weight on top of him.

"A-are you alright nezumi?" Kyou looked startled at the Kyou's concern.

"Baka...baka neko." He had a hard time breathing. Probably from having a ladder and Kyou land on top of him. "Why are you helping me Kyou? Shouldn't you be off celebrating your victory?" He snapped because of his fear of the other's concern. Yuki didn't like the possible changes it could lead to. He was startled this time at Kyou's shocked look.

"That's the first time I've heard you use my name." Yuki really did not like where these changes could lead. He stood up quickly but the residual pain made him start to fall back down. Kyou caught him. "Careful you idiot. That was a bad fall." Yuki scowled. He wanted to shake the cat off but knew that if he did he'd only fall again. He lashed out again.

"You haven't answered by question." Kyou started walking forcing Yuki to come along. Yuki leaned heavily on the other. Kyou stopped suddenly at the door. Yuki stared directly at Kyou.

"Well...uh." Kyou paused and found his feet very interesting. "Tooru would be sad if something happened to you." He countinued walking into the house.

"Oh." 'I'm disapointed he did this for her? What is wrong with me?' Kyou started to push him down into a chair. This got Yuki's attention. "Stop it! What are you doing baka neko?"

"Sit down all ready you damn mouse!"

"Why?!"

"So I can check for broken ribs! Your arms and legs obviously are just fine!"

"I'm fine!"

"No!" Kyou finally managed to push Yuki down and Yuki made the same mistake from earlier. Yuki stared up at Kyou only centimeters from his face. 'Goddamnit.' If there was a god he must really hate him. And then Kyou leaned down. Yuki's eyes flew open at the contact. 'No. No damnit no.' When Kyou sat back up Yuki felt like his face was on fire. Why had Kyou kissed him? Was it because of that stupid saying that when you love someone it's either your best friend or your worst enemy? Did Kyou love him? Yuki pushed Kyou off quickly before anything else could happen. "What was that?" He hissed. Kyou just shook his head as if he didn't know. "You goddamned cat!!" Yuki was ready to hurt him really bad.

"I'm sorry ok?? I didn't mean anything by it!" 'But you want it to mean something don't you?' Yuki mentally glared at his subconcious. 'Shut up! I didn't want it to happen at all!'

"Good." He spoke out loud not giving Kyou any idea of his internal conflict. "It should never of happened in the first place." Kyou nodded his agreement. Yuki watched as the cat excused himself and left for his room. "Stupid saying. Why do the stupid sayings always have to be so true?" Because it was his worst enemy who he wanted. He'd known that for awhile now. Ever since Kyou had moved in really. He just knew better then to act on it. But Kyou had kissed him. So was it time for him to finally act on it? With a sigh Yuki stood up carefully and headed for the stairs.