Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Community Service ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Depressed/Irritated co-main personality: No I don't own Fruits Basket. Takaya Natsuki-sensei does. So get off my back.
 
Happy co-main personality: Gomen about my counter part. Enjoy.
 
Perfectionist Amber (a.k.a. P.P. to all the others): I re-did the whole fic; it was stupid and is now hopefully improved. If anyone liked the fic in its original version, I don't think anyone did because I got like zero reviews, too bad. I've erased it off my computer with no knowledge on how to get it back.
 
Blah- narration
“Blah”- talking
*blah*- thoughts
 
Part One
 
*Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, will sensei ever shut up. I get it we need to learn about responsibility and all crap but forcing us to do 72 hours of community service, from a small list of “approved” job sites.* Seeing nothing that appealed to me I look around the classroom to my best and only friends. My gaze settles on Aya first, he seems happy, almost jubilant, about something; probably off in his own little world again. I shift my sights from him to his polar opposite, Haa-san; someone who was uncharacteristically late today and seems very deep in concentration now, most likely trying to see which one to choose. The bell chose then to be merciful and ring, I stood and gathered all my belongings before going to wake Aya from his trance. We walked out together, talking animatedly between the two of us about what we were going to do; being used to silence from our stoic companion we didn't notice his absence until we were half way out the door.
 
“Oh no, Gure-san whatever shall we do? Our precious Ha'ri is missing, our silent companion no more.”
 
“No worries Aya, I Shigure, will go on the perilous odyssey to find our wayward companion.”
 
“Gure-san, yours so strong. Be careful my love, we don't your lovely face to be torn up.”
 
“No worries my dearest Aya, I'll return shortly with Haa-san, unscathed.”
 
“Be strong, Gure-san, Be strong” he screamed at my retreating form. I went straight for the classroom, thinking he was still packing up or the teacher wanted an explanation for being late. Imagine my surprise when I overhear Haa-san trying to get out of something school related. He, like all inside kids, jumped at the opportunity to stay out of the main house.
*Inside the classroom*
Anoo, sensei, please try to understand my circumstances. I am the physician to all of my immediate cousins. I will not be able to handle all the community service hours and still continue to function at this level.”
 
“Fine Hatori-san, I'll make an exception for you. Have your cousins' sign your every time you care for them and that will count.”
 
“Doomo arigatou gozaimasu sensei” I burst into the room after that.
 
“Chooto mate kudasai sensei. Why is Haa-san getting off so easy?”
 
“He is not getting off easy Shigure-san. He just has prior responsibilities to attend to.”
“Well, what if I became his assistant then, I could help his work load and that could count as my community service.” She agreed fairly quickly, I think she was trying to get rid of me.
“Hatori-san, do you have any main clients that I should know about?”
“Hai sensei, two that take up nearly all my time.”
“Have them fill out these papers and bring them to me tomorrow”
“Hai”
“This is great Haa-san. You got me out of all those boring “approved” job sites and got yourself a helper.”
“Listen to me Shigure. My two charges give me enough troubles, if we are really going to do this you must actually work. Understood.”
“Completely”