Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Custody ❯ Our parents ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Naruto
 
“Talking”
`Thinking'
 
Things Gone Un-Said
Kakashi's POV
 
Kakashi walked right into an illusion. He knew the chakra that supported it was Rei. Either they went on without her and left her to divert him or the three of them were nearby watching him.
 
This was going to prove most difficult. He'd taught them well so he assumed they knew that he was nearly out of chakra. The only way out of this illusion was to use his sharingan to locate them. If he used it then he'd only last a few minutes before his body gave out.
 
Kakashi sighed; he'd already used sharingan, chidori, and a few other jutsu today. The mission he was sent on proved very difficult. Because of it he was ill prepared now. If he didn't use the remainder of his chakra wisely then the three of them would get away easily.
 
He figured they could tell by his body language that he was going to pass out soon.
 
“I just want to talk to you three for a second.” Kakashi hated the way that sounded. Weak and cliché.
 
He got no response. Walking around was getting him nowhere. This was the only way; he lifted his headband revealing sharingan. It took seconds to locate the chakra.
 
Kakashi tried to rush to them, his mind was blacking out.
 
`They are so close, only a little bit farther'
 
His body was giving out, vision failing, he wasn't going to make it.
 
`I can do this'
 
He reached out and grabbed Sasuke pulling out of the illusion. Sasuke didn't fight him. Kakashi knew Sasuke wouldn't fight because he was falling.
 
“I got you.” Kakashi said before letting his eyelids slide shut.
 
Naruto's POV
 
Kakashi passed out with a handful of Sasuke's shirt. They were close to Orochimaru. Just pass over the border into the hidden village of sound.
 
“He must have used most of his chakra to speed up and catch us.” Naruto sighed
 
Sasuke nodded, “The day we got back from Otaku he went on a mission. He probably didn't rest and didn't have any chakra left to support sharingan.”
 
“We can't just leave him here.” Rei muttered checking Kakashi's vitals.
 
“If we go back then we'll be caught.” Sasuke argued.
 
“Then go, I'll take him back.” Rei was glaring right in Sasuke's eyes.
 
Naruto felt that was the most selfish thing Sasuke had ever said.
 
“No” Naruto stepped in causing the two to direct their death glares to the ground, “I'll take him back. You two go on I'll catch up.”
 
“You can't be serious.” They both said.
 
“I will not leave him here in the dirt. I'll take him back and find my way to you. You're just going to have to trust that.”
 
Naruto figured there was no other way. They owed Kakashi for so much he wasn't going to repay him by leaving him face down in the forest for someone to find eventually.
 
“Just give me a second to think I can come up with something.” Sasuke said.
 
Naruto shook his head, “You've got to get to Orochimaru or this whole thing is going to be a waste.”
 
“But…” Rei started.
 
Naruto softly pulled Sasuke and Rei close to him and kissed them both.
 
“Let me do this.” He said softly as they rested their heads together. They held hands in this circle for a moment.
 
Sasuke wouldn't look at him, “Let's go Rei.”
 
Rei gave Naruto's hand one last squeeze and the two were off to Orochimaru.
 
Naruto stood and watched them go.
 
He wasn't as dense as they thought he was, he was going to use kage bunshin no jutsu to get Kakashi back to Konohoa.
 
Naruto pulled a scroll out of Kakashi's pack and sat down a moment. He was going to explain all of this to him. Naruto didn't know how Rei and Sasuke would feel about this so he devised this plan to get Kakashi alone. He was going to leave the scroll in his pocket that way he'd find it and hopefully understand why it had to be this way.
 
Hopefully.
 
`What to say, what to say'
 
It took Naruto awhile to come up with something good. Finally he started writing, and the words just flowed. He did the jutsu then handed the scroll to one of his clones. The two clones picked up Kakashi and headed towards Konohoa.
 
Shikamaru's POV
 
Shikamaru wanted to press on. He wanted to hunt down his friend and drag him home. But that wasn't going to be possible now. His teammates needed medical attention. The sound ninja Sakon, Jirobo, Kidomaru, and Tayuya were dead. Shikamaru was a lot of things but a liar was not one of those. When he said they'd kill them he meant it.
 
Their deaths came at a price. Neji, Choji, and Kiba were all injured. His injuries weren't terminal but he wasn't sure about the other three. As much as he wanted to go on, as a good leader he needed to get his people back home for medical attention.
 
Neji was trying to pull himself to his feet, “Just go.” He growled to Shikamaru.
 
“No! I need to get you back to a doctor.”
 
“Then this will be pointless. You have to go.”
 
Shika thought a moment. His conscious wouldn't let him, no matter how much he cared for Naruto. He couldn't walk away from them.
 
Shikamaru scooped Neji up and started over to help Kiba carry Choji.
 
“We know where they went and we will get them back just not like this.” Shikamaru sighed.
 
The four injured ninja slowly made their way back to Konohoa.
 
Neji caused the party to halt which caused Kiba to drop an unconscious Choji.
 
“What are you…?” Kiba growled.
Neji grabbed his chin forcing him to look at the two shadows at the gate.
 
“Naruto.” Shikamaru whispered.
 
“So they came back?” Kiba asked confused.
 
“I, I don't know.” Shikamaru stuttered.
 
“Naruto.” Kiba waved. They hurried over to where he stood.
 
“Is that Kakashi? What happened?” Shikamaru asked.
 
Naruto didn't say anything he only gave a sad smile.
 
“Naruto is everything alright?” Neji asked cautiously.
 
Naruto still didn't say anything. He just turned away from the ninja and tucked something in Kakashi's top pocket.
 
“Naruto say something.” Shikamaru yelled grabbing him.
 
Naruto went up in a puff of smoke.
 
“A clone.” Neji whispered.
 
The three just stared at Kakashi, he was real and clearly also not conscious.
 
“We need to get Choji and Kakashi to the hospital.” Shikamaru said hollowly.
 
Kakashi's POV
 
Kakashi moaned a bit as he opened his eyes. He tried to sit up quickly but his body wasn't ready for that kind of action.
 
He looked around a bit, this bed was familiar. It wasn't his house and it wasn't the hospital but he'd woken up here before.
 
“I see you finally woke up you've been out for about a week.” Iruka smiled from a chair next to the bed.
 
This was Iruka's house Kakashi was in Iruka's bed. He didn't know how to feel about this. It wasn't uncomfortable, but at the same time it was kind of awkward.
 
“Here” Iruka was smiling too brightly; he was offering Kakashi a cup of tea.
 
“You need to get your strength back.”
Kakashi bowed slightly accepting the tea gratefully.
 
“So they brought the back right?” Kakashi asked between sips.
 
Iruka looked away.
 
“How did they get them to come back I bet it was Shikamaru's doing huh?”
 
Still Iruka said nothing.
 
“Iruka look at me and tell me they came back to the village.” Kakashi's voice was breaking.
 
Iruka shook his head, “Shikamaru brought you to the hospital. You were exhausted you'd used your body to its very limits. He said that one of Naruto's clones brought you to the village gates. He said maybe there was still hope since they didn't just leave you in the forest. But after I read the letter…”
 
“What letter?” Kakashi interrupted.
 
Iruka reached in his pocket and handed Kakashi a scroll. It looked like it'd been read over and over again.
 
He unrolled it slowly.
 
Tousan,
Just for this letter I'd like to call you Tousan. If I could call anyone Tousan it would be you or Iruka because you two are most worthy. I don't know why you'd waste time on delinquents like Sasuke and I but you did and for that we are grateful. I'll never forget anything you've taught me. But I need you to understand something. Sasuke, Rei and I are not coming back to Konohoa. Everyone has to follow their own path. This is the path we've chosen. Sure I won't become Hokage and Sasuke may not revive his clan but he and Rei hold my heart. My whole life I've always felt incomplete and I never really felt like I belonged anywhere. I'd go to bed alone in my small apartment and I'd wake up alone. Ever since they came into my life my heart has been filled. This is why I had to go. Something in Sasuke will not let him get past what his brother did. His brother took away everyone he held dear. For no reason he just woke up one morning and took all that away. Sasuke understands that to destroy Itachi he has to become slightly like Itachi. I couldn't ask Sasuke to forget what happened to his family. In Konohoa he was reminded everyday that he was the last Uchiha. He was the last of his family, he was alone. Orochimaru promised him power and we both believe he will give it to him. Do not believe that I am foolish enough to think there will be no price. With Orochimaru there is always a price. I did not forget he killed the third. I cared deeply for the third and will never forget that he killed him. For now we need his power but when we get it perhaps I will do something about his transgressions. Believe in me Tousan. Don't follow us. It will be a waste of time; do not run yourself into the ground looking when we will have to turn you away. I do not wish to look upon the disappointment in your eyes if I'd tell you we chose Orochimaru over Konohoa. I couldn't bear it. Tell Iruka and Granny Tsunade thank you for everything. Tell them that we care for them as much as they care for us. Tell them we are sorry if they feel that we disappointed them. Tell everyone goodbye for us. I hope that under the circumstances we never meet again. I love you Tousan.
 
Naruto
 
Kakashi gripped the letter tightly.
 
“I'm soo sorry.” Iruka kept repeating climbing in the bed to hold him.
 
“I have to find them I have to bring them back.” Kakashi growled into Iruka's embrace.
 
Kakashi shoved Iruka away and started to get dressed. He didn't care that his body wasn't ready to move let alone fight. He was going to bring them back; he needed to bring them back.
 
Iruka was silently blocked the door way.
 
“I won't let you go and put yourself in danger this way.”
 
“Move Iruka, I won't ask you again.”
 
Iruka still stood in the door way.
 
Kakashi moved to attack him. He just needed to get him out of the way.
 
Iruka wasn't as strong as Kakashi but Kakashi wasn't in any condition to fight.
 
Iruka grabbed Kakashi and threw him from the door way to the bed.
 
“If you are going to get past me Kakashi then you are going to fight me.” Iruka said seriously.
 
Kakashi thought a moment before running at Iruka from the bed. He had to get past him.
 
The two lovers fought for a few moments, Iruka able to block all of Kakashi's moves.
 
“Why do you care anyway? We are over.” Kakashi yelled angrily at Iruka.
 
Iruka ground his teeth a second.
 
“We are over. OVER! You have no right to keep me here.” Kakashi kept yelling.
 
Kakashi opened his mouth to yelled something else when Iruka punched him in the face.
Kakashi fell down stunned.
 
“We are never over Kakashi.” Iruka started, “If you believed we were really over than you never really loved me.”
 
Kakashi felt shamed. He was losing his sanity. It just felt like everyone he loved always left him alone. He had to at least try to bring them back.
 
“I need to try.” He said barely audible to Iruka.
 
Iruka kneeled down in front of Kakashi, “I know how you feel. I was very close to Naruto. I don't want him with Orochimaru. I wasn't as close to Sasuke and I didn't know the Rei at all. I still don't want them learning from Orochimaru. But Naruto is very stubborn. When he stets his mind to something or someone he will stick with it. He loves Sasuke and has given up this part of his life for him. It doesn't' matter what you say it doesn't matter if you drag them back here they will only run again. Can your heart take that?”
 
“So you are just going to give up? Just like that and forget them?”
 
Tears started to run down Iruka's face, “I'll never forget Naruto, and I am going to believe in Naruto. Believe that he can get Sasuke to come to his sense and bring them back home. That's all I can do right now. Chasing them down and getting myself killed will not solve anything. Our village is still in need of us. We are still low on Jounin for missions. We are still rebuilding and everyone here still needs hope. We devoted ourselves to Konohoa and right now Konohoa needs us.”
 
Kakashi wiped Iruka's tears with his thumbs. “I'm sorry.”
 
Iruka kissed him softly, “Get back in bed and I'll forgive you.”
 
“How long am I going to be in this stupid bed?”
 
“Tsunade said when you wake up to take it easy for another week.”
 
Kakashi only sighed frustrated.
 
“I'll be taking care of you and I promise to make it worth while.” Iruka said with a sly grin.
 
Kakashi gave a small smile, “Maybe it won't be so bad.”
 
Orochimaru's POV
 
Someone was coming, from the sound of the footsteps it was Kabuto. He was waling quickly so Orochimaru hoped it was good news.
“Tell me something good Kabuto-san” Orochimaru sighed as Kabuto entered the room.
 
“The four sound ninja are dead.”
 
Orochimaru said nothing, He figured they'd be killed he didn't really care. It's just always a pain to find good ninja. He hated the thought of breaking more ninja in.
 
“Any news on Sasuke-kun?”
 
“Nothing Orochimaru-sama but we are looking.”
 
“Looking for whom?” A young voice said from the doorway.
 
Orochimaru smiled, “Why we were looking for you Sasuke-kun.”
 
Orochimaru stood up and faced the door so he could see his prized container.
 
“What did you bring me Sasuke-kun?” Orochimaru motioned to the two people standing in the shadows behind him.
 
“You said you could give me power and I want it. We want it I brought two others who wanted what you could give.” Sasuke motion slightly and they stepped forward.
 
“Orochimaru-sama.” The words sounded forced but Orochimaru didn't care he was surprised to see Naruto standing there.
 
“My, my, what do we have here?” He chuckled slightly.
 
“This is Uzumaki Naruto and Hiryuu Rei. They have come with me to join you, will you accept them?” Sasuke said confidently.
 
Orochimaru was amused by the entire situation.
 
“Did you say Hiryuu?”
 
The girl nodded, “Yes Hiryuu Rei.”
 
“You have that delicious liquid fire bloodline limit don't you?”
 
Rei nodded.
 
Orochimaru did a little dance in his head. He'd wanted this bloodline limit and all of their jutsu a long time ago. The entire clan refused him. They were very loyal to each other he couldn't corrupt even one. This of course annoyed the hell out of him so he had them all killed, all except this girl. He heard one got away but he thought it was a rumor.
 
“Excellent, when I had the rest of your clan killed I thought, what a waste, but now I can get what I wanted.”
 
“Killed?” Rei said surprised.
 
“Yes, they wouldn't join me so I had them all killed.” Orochimaru smiled.
 
He saw the girl cringe a bit then relax. She'd probably want to kill him but not now.
 
“I will train the three of you.”
 
“What's your price?” Naruto spoke up.
 
“You will forever belong to me. After you are strong enough to kill Itachi Sasuke, your body will be my next container. I want to teach you all I know so that you will be worthy. Do you accept?”
 
He could see the fear in their eyes. They were about to sign away their souls, who wouldn't be scared?
 
“Yes I accept.” Sasuke said.
 
“I accept.” Rei said.
 
Orochimaru was amused by Naruto's hesitation. He saw him glace and Sasuke and Rei and his eyes soften.
 
“I accept.” He finally sighed.
 
Without warning he bit the two in the same spot he'd bitten Sasuke.
“Now you have my seal. Kabuto-san is going to show you to your room and he will let you know where we will start training. You might want to lay down if you can survive the seal it will be a miracle.”
Rei and Naruto were almost on the ground writhing in pain. Kabuto and Sasuke had to hold the two young ninja upright.
"Thank you Orochimaru-sama." Sasuke said on their behalf.
Orochimaru smiled, “Call me Tousan.”
He looked surprised.
“Yes, Tousan.” He said hesitantly.
“Well off with you, you need your rest you have a big day tomorrow.” Orochimaru waved his hand and Kabuto lead them away.
Orochimaru smiled, this day was going very well now. Not only did he have Sasuke but he also got the Kyuubi boy and the liquid fire girl. They were going to be stronger than all of those other sound ninja. When their training was finished they were going to help him destroy Konohoa. Nothing could be more beautiful than it being destroyed by two of its most prized possessions.
“What are you smiling about?” Kabuto said reentering the room.
“Their training, those three are going to be great.”
Kabuto nodded, “they refused three separate rooms and chose one room, wonder what that's about.”
Orochimaru chuckled again, “You didn't see it. Those three are in love, you can't tell me you didn't notice. Naruto-san would never join me without good reason.”
Kabuto nodded, “True. He was very adamant about becoming Hokage when I met him at the chunnin exam. I just wonder where they got this girl, because the third in their group was Sakura not Rei.”
“Maybe Sakura didn't like threesome's” Orochimaru smiled.
Kabuto rolled his eyes. “You are so sick sometimes you know that?”
This only made Orochimaru laugh harder.