Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Eye Of The Storm ❯ Welcome To The Family- Part A ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Eye of the Storm

Chapter 7

Welcome To The Family; Part A

Akito smiled softly as he looked into Keiko's eyes. Keiko was still as stone and seemed unmovable but Akito could sense it, like a bloodhound hot on the trail of its prey, he could sense the anxiety growing inside her. "It's such a nice day out. Let's go outside and talk shall we?" Akito said stepping back and holding his hand out to Keiko who nodded and took it. Her body seemed a thousand times heavier than it actually was as she stood and as she walked over to the open doors her feet felt like lead. Once outside Keiko stood silently beside him. Five minutes went by, then ten and Akito had not said a word causing Keiko to become even tenser.

"You may continue living amongst us…" Akito said finally breaking the silence. Keiko inaudibly exhaled with relief. "…but…" Akito continued. "…you will have to live as a Sohma as well. Do you understand?"

"Yes, if there are any customs or rules I should follow I will be sure to do so." Keiko said with her head bowed.

Akito smiled to himself. There really wasn't that much to following the family rules or customs. His word was law in the house of Sohma; do as Akito says or you will regret it. Though this was the general rule no one outside the inner gate knew anything of it. If ever they happen to run into Akito, which was usually at New Year's, he always gave the appearance of a pleasant young man, but people inside the gate, especially those of the zodiac, knew better. Akito could be charming to the point of enchantment when he wanted to be; otherwise Akito was as cold and unrelenting as the deep freeze of the artic. "The new year will be here soon." Akito said looking off into the distance. "It's time some things change around here, the air has become somewhat stale, so in spite of keeping with the old tale I planned on allowing the cat to attend the banquette."

Keiko blinked. "Banquette? Keiko repeated.

"Yes, the banquette we hold every year for the juunishi. It's in keeping with the old tale; God gave a banquette and invited thirteen animals. Depending on when the guests arrived each animal would be given a year. The rat wanted to beat the cat in order to have the first year named after him, so he told the cat that the banquette was actually the night after God said it would be. Foolishly the cat believed the rat and while the other twelve animals were at the banquette the cat was at home in bed. The cat truly was a fool for believing the rat and so there was no year given to him, but God has mercy of babes and fools." Akito said smiling. "You and Tohrusan may come as well, if you like." Akito said carefully watching Keiko.

"Thank you very much." Keiko said giving a low bow.

"Please, don't be so formal." Akito laughed. "I plan to get to know you a bit better than this Yamada Keikosan." Akito said as he lowered himself to meet Keiko's eyes. "Everyone must be worried by now, you should really be getting back to them. I'll come with you. I want to personally invite Kyou and Tohrusan to the upcoming New Year celebration."

Keiko nodded nervously. Somehow Akito's words made her shiver. "I am afraid of him?" Keiko asked herself as a creepy feeling settled in her heart. "No, that's ridiculous. He hasn't done anything for me to feel this way… but the others they are afraid. Akito does seem strange, but I am sure for the cursed of the Sohma clan it takes more than being strange to scare them so terribly or cause them to feel so helpless against this one man. No, there is more to it than that." Keiko thought as she silently followed Akito out of the house.

Outside Kyou paced impatiently. It had been fifteen minutes since Keiko had entered the halls of the main house. Everyone was a little on edge, even Hatori though he showed no sign of it. If left alone Akito could do a lot in just five minutes to utterly ruin a person's mind. Shigure knew this, but insisted everything was just fine.

"Will you stop that, it's beginning to annoy me." Yuki snapped at Kyou.

"Shut up you dirty rat!" Kyou yelled. "How can you just stand there?"

"Stop arguing. Akito said to wait out here. I'm sure Keiko will be just fine as long as no one goes barging in." Hatori said obviously irritated.

"That's a real relief coming from you." Kyou said.

"Tohru!" Momiji's voice shouted as he ran over to meet the group. "Hi, what are you doing here?"

"We came with Keikokun, but…" Tohru started.

"Akito just wanted to meet Keiko is all." Shigure jumped in.

"Really alone?" Momiji asked looking over at the house. Hatsuharu was with him and for a second it seemed as if he would say something then decided not to.

"Hey, what's that look for?" Kyou questioned Momiji. "Nothing!" Momiji sang. Akito had told Momiji that he had already meet Keiko and found her to be very attractive. From the detailed description of Keiko Momiji gave Akito it wasn't difficult to figure out who she was when he meet her in the park some days earlier. There was nothing wrong with noticing how lovely someone is, but coming from Akito it caused a bad feeling to rise in the pit of the rabbit's stomach.

"Damnit all!" Kyou burst out. "I'm going in there."

"Here they come." Shigure said snatching Kyou back by the collar.

"Hello everyone." Akito said seemingly very pleased to see them. "Shigure, Kyou." He said looking over at the two. Shigure wore a nervous smile with his hand still holding onto Kyou who was frowning. "Yuki." Akito said smiling. "You look well. And Honda Tohrusan."

"Good Afternoon." Tohru said nervously.

"I'm glad you came." He said placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't touch her." Yuki and Kyou thought angrily.

"I'm glad you came too, Kyou." Akito said turning his attention to the cat. "As you all know the New Year is coming up and as usual we will be having the zodiac banquette. The only difference is the cat will be allowed to attend. Tohrusan and Keikosan are welcome to come as well as personal guests if they'd like. Kyou, I do hope you decide to join us." Akito said walking over to Kyou and standing in front of him. "You too Yuki, it would be a shame if the rat skipped out twice." Akito said letting his eyes settle on Yuki who seemed caught between shock and fear. A chilled breeze blew causing Akito to pull his coat closed. "It's getting chilly," he murmured.

"You should head inside now." Hatori said.

"You're right." Akito said acknowledging the doctor's advice. "Until next time." Akito said then returned to his house.

As Akito left everyone was silent with surprise and shock.

"I should be getting back to work." Hatori said not caring to comment on Akito's seemingly sudden decision to let the cat and two outsiders attend the Juunishi banquette.

"That's all you have to say?" Kyou shouted, but Hatori ignored him and continued back to his office.

"Let it go Kyou, I'm sure Haasan is just as shocked and surprised as the rest of us." Shigure said placing a firm and on Kyou's shoulder.

"Damnit, stop touching me!" Kyou said removing the dog's hand.

"Why? What's wrong with me touching you?" Shigure asked fishing for an argument.

"It's disgusting!"

"Disgusting how?"

"Don't play dumb!"

Tohru smiled and begin to ignore the argument along with everyone else.

"You look pretty." Momiji said complimenting Keiko's orange and pink kimono.

"Oh, Momiji, you're very sweet." Keiko said.

"No, really I mean it. Isn't she lovely?" Momiji asked Hatsuharu who looked as if he was becoming ill. He gave a small sheepish smile and tried to walk away calmly has his stomach did flip-flops. Once he had moved a few paces from the group Hatsuharu could no longer keep it down and ran away with one hand covering his mouth and the other holding his stomach. Keiko sweat dropped.

"Don't worry he's been sick all week and it's finally catching up with him. He's been throwing up ever since this morning. It's really grose!" Momiji said a little to happy concerning the illness the befallen his cousin.

"Is he going to be ok?" Keiko said looking off into the distance.

"Maybe you should visit him latter." Momiji suggested.

"Yeah…" Keiko said turning to look over at Yuki; he was staring at the main house in as if he were in a trance.

"Yuki…" Keiko said quietly as she walked over to him. "Are you ok?" She whispered. Yuki looked over at Keiko as if he were waking up. "I know what, let's check out the commercial district." Keiko said speaking in normal volume. "Tohrukun, would you like to come too?" Keiko asked Tohru, who was looking over at Yuki with sympathetic eyes.

"No, I couldn't… I'd be intruding and-."

"Intruding on what?" Keiko asked.

"Your date…" Tohru said hesitantly.

Yuki and Keiko sweat dropped. "Don't be silly, the more the better." Keiko said.

"Then I want to come!" Momiji chimed in.

"Would you like to come as well?" Keiko asked looking over at Shigure and Kyou.

"Get off me!" Kyou yelled struggling to get free from a headlock.

"I'd love to come but I have to finish my manuscript." Shigure said smiling has he squeezed Kyou nearly putting him to sleep, before releasing him. Kyou dropped to the ground. Keiko sweat dropped.

"Kyouchan?" Keiko asked looking at the cat who was currently on his hands and knees panting heavily.

"If it will get me away from this guy for a while." He said standing to his feet.

"Well it's settled we're going to the commercial district to have perfume samples sprayed on us, food samples crammed down our throats and basically be used as guinea pigs for all types of new products. It'll be a blast!" Keiko said excitedly as she took hold of Kyou's arm then Yuki's. Then the group walked off arm in arm; Keiko and Tohru on either side of Yuki, Kyou beside Keiko and Momiji beside Tohru.

"Come back well." Shigure murmured waving as the group walked off.

"I said no and I meant no, so stop asking me!" Kyou yelled at the woman offering him a sample of a new nacho dip.

"I'm sure once you've tried it you'll want to buy it." The woman said smiling completely unfazed by Kyou's loud rejection.

"Avocado and barbeque flavored nacho dip… That sure sounds different." Tohru said holding the dip drenched nacho in front of her mouth.

"You're not going to eat that crap are you?" Kyou asked shocked the seemingly delicate girl would dare to eat such a thing.

"Well, my mother always told me you will never know if something is good or not unless you try it first and she always taught not to be a picky eater so…"

"Well if you're willing to try it then I will too!" Kyou declared snacking the sample from the smiling woman. "This stuff better not make me throw up!" He said then crammed it into his mouth. Tohru eat her at the same time (except more discretely) and just about at the same time their faces turned blue.

"This is really disgusting." They thought as they forcibly swallowed.

Standing a small distance away, with Keiko and Momiji, Yuki watched with a somewhat content expression on his face.

"Ha ha, you couldn't have paid me to eat that crap!" Momiji laughed.

"What about you, Yuki?" Keiko asked.

"Huh?"

"What would it take for you to try avocado and barbeque flavored nacho dip?"

"I don't know. What about you Keikochan?" Yuki asked seeming to have actually given it some thought.

"What he means is he'll do anything as long as you ask him nicely." Momiji said.

"Momiji…" Yuki said starting to fume.

"If it isn't true then explain why you were in a dress for the school cultural festival a couple of years ago." Momiji challenged.

"That is one of those things you nor anyone else is supposed to mention ever again."

"Yuki was in a dress?" Keiko asked shocked.

"That's right! You should have seen it. Me and Hatori thought that he had actually become a girl."

"Oh my!" Keiko said. "Why would you think a thing like that?"

"You have eyes don't you? It's not like he attract only girls."

"Come to think of it Yuki really does have some very effeminate features. If I were in his shoes there would be no way anyone could get me to dress up like a girl. It would be too humiliating." Keiko thought as she imagined a horde of boys declaring their love to Yuki.

"You should have seen his costume for the year of the rat banquette!"

"Momiji…" Yuki uttered too angry to be any more articulate, but the bunny ignored the fuming rat and continued with his story.

"You guys dress up for New Year's?"

"Yeah, just the person with the zodiac curse for the year. We each have to dress in a custom and perform a dance for our year."

"That sounds great!"

"Yeah, it kinda is. Anyway, you should have seen Yuki! Members of the Sohma clan from out of town all kept saying what a cute little girl he was!"

"Momiji, if you say another word…" Yuki threatened finally finding his voice.

"Uh-oh, gotta run." Momiji said darting off. "You'll come visit me and Haru at Hatori's house tonight won't you?" Momiji yelled over the noise after putting some distance between him and Yuki.

"Sure!" Keiko yelled back.

"Great! I'll make sure Hatori makes something nice for dinner! See you later!" Momiji said than ran off, leaving Keiko with a fuming Yuki.

"Don't take it too hard I didn't get the wrong idea about you or anything." Keiko assured.

"I'm glad for that, but it's still humiliating."

"Well look on the bright side everyone at school knows you're a boy so…"

"Is it really that difficult to tell?" Yuki asked his self esteem taking a nosedive from it's already low plateau.

"At first." Keiko said then stopped talking when she saw the expression on Yuki's face. "…From really far away." She added hoping to cheer him up. "I mean it's easy to be mistaken about someone's appearance from a distance, right?"

"I suppose." Yuki agreed still feeling self-conscious.

"That's a little better I suppose, but if you get any closer to the ground I'll have to carry you." Keiko said noticing the Yuki was still feeling down.

"How would you manage that?" Yuki asked giving too much thought to what Keiko had said. "It would be awkward, unless you…" Yuki said his voice trailing off.

"What's your face all red for?" Keiko asked noticing the far away look in the rat's eyes. "Idiot." She bopping him on the head. "You're like a brother to me so it really creeps me out when you look at me like that so don't do it again." She chastised then sighed. "Then again you've been around Shigure longer than I have. It would stand to reason some of his perversion rubbed off on you." Keiko reasoned out loud.

Yuki sweat dropped then sighed. "Maybe you're right." He muttered putting his hand to his face feeling ashamed. He really didn't have any romantic feelings toward Keiko at all but for some reason the thought of her hugging him seemed alluring.

"<GASP> It's worse than I thought. The only way to cure you is to eat some greasy American food." Keiko said grabbing Yuki's hand and running off in the direction of an American style restaurant. "Hehe, I guess this is our second date." Keiko joked.

"Is it true?" Shigure asked excitedly into the phone.

"Is what true?" Hatori's voice countered suspiciously on the other end.

"Are you really having a date with Keikokun tonight?" Shigure asked receiving silence in return. "No way!" He gasped. "It's true!"

"Don't get your hopes up."

"Oh, it's too late to try and cover it up now."

"Cover what up, you flopping jellyfish?"

"Really Haasan she's too young for you. Keikokun is only in her second year of high school. I'm shocked," Shigure said mockingly. "And jealous." He added in a low voice.

"Give me a break." Hatori said as he continued to stir whatever he was making. "Momiji could you get the door." He said hearing the door bell ring."

"Ooh, is she there?" Shigure asked excitedly.

"Yes."

"It would have been more romantic if you had answered the door yourself, you know."

"I'm hanging up."

"Hatori wait. Don't-." Before Shigure could finish pleading his cousin had already hung up the phone. "Darn it, I was only joking with him."

"Sounds like you were just being a pervert." Yuki said looking away from the TV. After their trip to the commercial district the group had come straight home. Yuki, not accustomed to eat so much deep fried food, ended up getting sick and the first place he ran to when he got home was the toilet to vomit up the double bacon cheese burger and chili fries he had eaten.

"It's not nice to eaves drop Yukikun. Shouldn't you be resting?"

"I'm fine." Yuki replied a bit annoyed by the dog's question. "You were sitting right by me. How could I not hear you?" Yuki said causing Shigure to sweat drop.

"Well it's late, I think I'll turn in early."

Shigure said making an excuse to leave the room. Yuki looked over at the clock in the wall and smirked. It was only a little after five thirty. Finally after all those jabs the dog had taken at Yuki over the years he was surprised he was able to get under his skin that easy. "That was too easy. I wasn't even trying to get at him this time. Something must be bothering him. No doubt some scheme of his has gone wrong." Yuki thought lowering his eyes. "Like the subtle stench of food going bad; I can sense it, he's up to something again."

"I'm so glad you came." Momiji said as he greeted Keiko. After visiting the commercial district she had gone back to Shigure's house to change out of the Kimono and was now wearing a blouse and knee length skirt.

"Thanks for inviting me." Keiko said as she shuffled out of her shoes.

"Evening." Hatori said as he came to greet Keiko. "Make yourself at home." He said not sounding particularly welcoming then returned to the kitchen.

Keiko sweat dropped. "Hatorisan doesn't seem to be in the mood for guests maybe I should just go."

"No, he's fine, trust me. Stay a while." Momiji said dragging her into the dinning room.

Once again Hatori emerged from the kitchen this time with a large porcelain bowl. "It's not much but it's dinner." He said placing it in the middle of the table.

"Thank you for this food." Everyone prayed.

Taking the lid off of the bowl, Momiji narrowed his eyes. "You're not even trying to make a good impression Hatori. What happened to the rest of the food?

"You want more food then you should prepare it."

"No, it's ok I don't mind." Keiko said.

"Okay, then." Momiji said handing her a bowl full of soup. "Haru is missing another meal. Hari must have been thinking about him the reason he made soup for dinner tonight."

"How is he doing?" Keiko asked.

"He's been throwing up a lot because of the stomach flu he some how contracted, so I've been making sure he gets a lot of liquids." Hatori answered.

"Hari may seem mean but he's really nice." Momiji chimed in.

"Well if you excuse me." Hatori said after placing a bowl of soup on a tray and standing.

"Is that for Haru?" Momiji asked jumping in front of him.

"Yes, it is."

"Hatsuharu lives here too?" Keiko asked surprised.

"Silly, don't you remember? I told you so earlier."

"Yeah, that's right." Keiko mumbled feeling embarrassed by her laps of memory.

"I'll take it to him." Momiji volunteered.

"No goofing around." Hatori instructed handing the tray to the energetic bunny.

"Is Keiko coming too?" He asked looking over at her.

"Sure." Keiko said standing up and following Momiji out of the room. They were in front of the door to Hatsuharu's room when a light suddenly went off in Momiji's head.

"Oh yeah! A sick person should drink lots and lots of orange juice. I'll be right back." Momiji said hastily handing Keiko the tray. "Just go right in and don't worry about waking him." Momiji said half way down the hall. "I'll be right back."

"Okay." Keiko said feeling as if she had been left dangling on a ledge. Carefully she opened the door and stepped in.

"Could you hurry up and close that, you're letting in a draft." Came Hatsuharu's voice from under a pile of blankets. Keiko quickly slid the door closed. The room was like a sauna. Looking around the room Keiko was surprised to find that it was messy. Clothes lay stroon all over the place, there was a pile of CDs on the floor in one corner and papers that looked like old homework assignments in another. Slowly Keiko made her way across the floor to the pile of blankets nearly tripping over a bar bell hidden under a sweatshirt and jeans.

"Are you going to take my temperature again? I doubt if anything has changed."

"Um…" Keiko said kneeling down beside the blanket-laden futon.

"Sensei?" Hatsuharu said has poked his head out.

"No…" Keiko said suddenly feeling awkward. She had often spent a lot of time with Momiji during school, but whenever she came around Hatsuharu would disappear. From how he behaved Keiko was sure he had something against her. Now she was in his house and in his room none the less. "What was I thinking coming in here like this? I should have left. He obviously does not like me. I should have waited for Momiji to return." Keiko thought as her grip tightened on the tray.

"Huh?" Hatsuharu uttered trying to focus on the figure in front of him, but his vision was blurred from the fever. "Momiji?" He said sitting up and grabbing her shoulders and leaning closer trying to recognize the face.

"I'm back!" Momiji said entering the room with a large glass full of orange juice. A high-pitched gasp escaped his lips. He then quickly walked over and wacked Hatsuharu over the head. "Haru, shame on you sexually harassing Keikochan like that!"

"Keikochan?" Hatsuharu repeated looking up at the second blurry figure.

"That's right she came all the way here to see how you were doing and this how you treat her? You should be ashamed of yourself."

"Ashamed? But, I didn't know…" He said turning his head to face her, his vision now clearing up.

"Sorry." He said finally letting her go. "And for the record I wasn't trying to harass you. I couldn't even see your face."

"Here." Keiko said giving him the tray.

"Thanks…" Hatsuharu said narrowing his eyes. "Please excuse the mess."

"No problem."

"You can be more hospitable than that." Momiji chastised.

"It's ok. I really should be going now." Keiko said standing and feeling more unwelcome than a cockroach. "Bye." She said exiting the room.

"Haru…" Momiji said getting up and running after her.

"Wait up, I'll at least walk you to the main gate." Momiji said catching up to her at the front door. By this time Hatori was locked up in his office going over some paper work.

"You're sweet." Keiko said giving him a smile.

"That's right! That's me!" Momiji said sang.

"Listen, I'm sorry if Haru did anything to offend you. He's usually not like that." Momiji apologized on his cousin's behalf as they walled to the gate.

"You don't have to apologize. I know you want me to be friends with him, but I don't think Hatsuharu like me very much."

"No, it's not like that-."

"Like I said, you don't have to apologize. Just because Hatsuharu doesn't like me it doesn't mean we can't still be friends right?"

"Right!" Momiji agreed. [You're the best!] Momiji said kissing Keiko on the cheek. […so it's okay you don't have a clue. It'll just make things funnier in the end.]

"Keiko looked at the rabbit blankly. She did not understand a word he said.

"See you at school!" Momiji said as he trotted off waving."

"Bye-bye." Keiko said. Then turned to head back to Shigure's house when an uneasy feeling as if someone was watching her came over her. Looking around Keiko thought she saw someone by a tree, but when she looked again she didn't see a thing.

"I was thinking-." Momiji started after suddenly returning and surprising Keiko. The look on her face was priceless and he couldn't help but laugh. "Sorry about scarying you like that, but it was so funny!" The bunny said continuing to laugh. "Anyway." He said getting a hold of himself. "I was thinking about what you said and I would really like it if Keikochan stayed a little longer."

"Well…"

"Please!" Momiji begged making Keiko feel uncomfortable so she quickly agreed to stay.

"Keikochan will stay? Yippie!" Momiji said sounding like a small child. "I just got a new video game. Let's go play it." He said grabbing her wrist and dragging her back to Hatori's house. After a quick tutorial from Momiji on how to play the game he started a two player session and they spent the rest of the night battling against each other for the highest score.

"Ugh! I lost again?" Keiko said in disbelief.

"Yup, you totally suck!" Momiji laughed.

"Hey, I was this close to beating you." She said holding her index finger a millimeter away from her thumb.

"Maybe you would have a chance against Haru he sucks a video games too. Would Haru like to play?" Momiji asked just as the ox tried to slip by on his way back to his room with the milk carton.

"Hm? Keikosan, is still here?" Hatori asked as he came into the living room, just completing his paper work.

Keiko gasped looking down at her wristwatch, noticing it was almost eleven o'clock. "Looks like I over stayed my welcome." Thank so much for having me." Keiko said as she stood up and gave a small bow.

"Don't be silly." Momiji said still sitting. "Besides it's too late to let you go back by yourself. Why don't you spend the night? Will Hari let Keikochan stay?" He asked not allowing Keiko the opportunity to respond.

"Well it late and I'm too tired to drive…"

"Yay, yay, yay!" Momiji cheered jumping around.

"Momiji, please it's late." Hatori said sleepily. "I'll drive you home tomorrow after breakfast." Hatori said directing his attention back to Keiko.

"Great!" Momiji said taking both of Keiko's hands. You can sleep in my room, with me!" As soon as the words came out of the rabbit's mouth Hatsuharu nearly chocked on the milk he had started drinking.

"Momiji…" Hatori said but before he could start in good on scolding the rambucious bunny Hatsuharu had walked over and shooved the near empty milk carton into his hands and was making his way over to Momiji. "It's too late at night for this." The dragon thought wearily.

"You little pervert!" Hatsuharu said grabbing the bunny up by the collar of his shirt with both hand and shaking him. "And you had the nerve to accuse me of being some type of molester?!"

"Wah! Haru's hurting me!" Momiji wailed.

"Whine and cry all you want that not going to save you."

"Haru, that's enough." Hatori said firmly.

"It's enough when I say it's enough!" Hatsuharu yelled. "You brought this on yourself!" Hatsuharu said.

What Keiko witnessed next blew her mind. Hatsuharu had kissed Momiji dead on the the lips then dropped him on the floor.

For a second the room was dead silent. Momiji had even stopped wailing for a second… then it came.

WAAAAH! HARU YOU PERVERT! WAAAH! WAAAH! WAAAH!" Momiji wailed seeming to get louder as he continued to cry. Hatsuharu still in black mode just smirked.

"You know you're still contajous." Hatori said over Momiji's wailing.

"That was the point." Hatsuharu said still smirking then went back to his room.

"Yes, I forgot who I was talking to for a second." Hatori sighed as he plugged a finger into his ear. "You'd probably be better off sleeping in my room." Hatori said to a still utterly shocked Keiko.

"What?" Momiji said taking a short break from his wailing. "Hatori's a big perv too! I'm surrounded by perverts!" He declaired and continued wailing.

"Ugh! Shut up already!" Hatori ordered.

"Now he's yelling at me! Wah!"

"Hatsuharu just gave you his stomach flu so you need to have a shot. I get sloppy when I can't concentrate." Hatori said. Momiji immediately stopped crying has he recalled the story Shigure told concerning Hatori's cruelty and needles. "That's better." He said taking his fingers out of his ears. "Momiji will be happy to lend you a pair of his pajamas."

"Yeah!" Momiji answered running off to get some for her.

"What about you?" Keiko asked shakily. "I don't want to make you go through too much trouble. I'll be fine sleeping out here on the floor."

"Don't be ridiculous." Hatori said sternly. "I'll just sleep in my office and besides these two cause me more trouble in one day than I you could in a life time I believe so make yourself comfortable so you can sleep well."

"Here you are." Momiji said handing Keiko a pair of his pajamas.

"Thank you." Keiko said finally recoving form her late night jolt.

"Time for your shot now." Hatori said taking Momiji by the arm and dragging him away.

"Hari won't make it hurt will he?" Momiji asked nervously. "That depends on if you start crying like a baby again." Hatori said even though he had no intention of hurting him.

"Your cruel Hari."

"Is that so?"

"Eep, I'll shut now."

"Relax. I'm not going to do anything."

"Yay, I knew you were faking it!"

"No, that special treatment is reserved for a special patient." Hatori thought smiling to himself. "I should call Shigure to let him know Keiko will be staying the night, but no doubt he may have went to sleep already, good." Hatori thought as he making a mental note to call the novelist after giving Momiji a shot in the hopes to jolt him out of his sleep.

~*~*~*~

A/N: Well that's it for chapter seven. Man, I'm taking longer than I thought I would have getting around to Ayame, but don't worry he and Kagura will be popping up soon! One thing no one should get their hopes up for is a Momiji x Haru in this fic or any others. Black Haru was just on the rampage as usual and there was nothing erotic behind his actions in this chapter. He just wanted to get back at the bunny for calling him a sukibe, which in his eyes seemed utterly hypocritical after the bunny had the nerve to invite Keiko to spend the night in his room… Okay, no Momoji x Keiko. Though I won't promise he will not say anymore risqué things. This is Momiji we're talking about; the ultimate crybaby/ under cover perv. Well that's just my opinion of him.