Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Furuba Love Stories ❯ Haru and Hana ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Fruits Basket.
Chapter 13: Hana and Haru
Setting: Poor Haru gets lost in an unfamiliar part of town.
Hatsuharu made his way purposefully down the moonlit street. He knew that he was lost, but he wasn't about to make it known; he was practiced at getting lost in style. A large green sign indicated a subway terminal up ahead, so he made his way there to check out the map, not that he was particularly good at following those. As he approached the guidepost that displayed all the stops, he saw a magazine stand off to the left that looked familiar…maybe…he thought. He just couldn't be troubled with remembering where he had been or not been. Hell, he wasn't even sure what his own subway exit was, so getting on it wouldn't help anyway. Good thing it was the weekend.
"You look lost," a bland voice said from behind him. He turned around calmly to see Saki Hanajima standing there, all done up in some sexy, flowy black number. Dark purple eyes met silvery grey, both sets completely devoid or surprise or any other emotion.
"Hello, Miss Hanajima. Do you know your way around here?"
Saki regarded him with a slightly amused expression, although it was just the barest lift of her lips. "Yes, I live near here." Haru nodded once, surveying the area again. He must be somewhere close to the house if she lived nearby. As if she read his mind, she added, "The school is quite far away, though. I take the subway everyday."
He was suddenly curious. "And why do you do that?"
"Because I was expelled from my middle school for creating a scene and I didn't want to go to high school with those same people."
"I see," Haru said, smirking at the serious look she was giving him. "A woman after my own heart. Do they ever call you Black Hana, by chance?" he asked with a sly laugh.
Hana didn't laugh back, however, instead making her face even more serious. "No, I don't think that nickname would fit in the context you mean. Our tempers are extremely different."
Leaning back against the signpost, Haru crossed his arms. "I would believe that." He had heard about her powers enough from his cousins, and he had seen the stupid girls that followed Yuki around run away from her unseen electrical charges. "So, how is it that a guy like me can anger a beautiful girl like you into some rough treatment?" Whatever this girl was doing, without knowing it or not, she was awakening his Black side. His alter ego couldn't ever resist hot chicks with attitudes and tight dresses.
"Come with me," Hana said, ignoring his request and gliding away from where he stood.
Smiling, he took a few long strides and caught up with her, falling in at her side. "So, you taking me to some secluded alley for some fun?"
"No, we're going to my house. The last train left over an hour ago and I don't think Tohru would like it if I left you out in the cold. You can call your parents from my house or you could sleep over in my brother's room if you like."
Her matter of fact tone killed the mood that his Black side had kindled. Grimacing, he looked at his watch and saw that it was already past midnight. Hatori would be in bed and there was no way in hell that he would ever call his parents, not that Saki knew that. "Yeah, I'll stay at your house if it's all right with you," he said in his normal White voice.
Saki only flicked her eyes towards him at the sudden change in his personality. She looked slightly disappointed. "Megumi will be asleep, but his room connects to mine, so he's a heavy sleeper."
"Why would that make him a heavy sleeper? You don't strike me as the noisy type."
"I keep late hours," was the most detailed answer she gave him, although it wasn't very conclusive. He wondered what she stayed up late doing. Haru just sighed and followed her until they reached a large house in a shockingly normal neighborhood. He didn't know what he had been expecting, but not some cookie cutter suburban deal, that was for sure. "Are you coming?" she questioned.
"Yeah." He followed her up to the front door and waited for her to unlock the door and let him in. "So, your parents are cool with this?" he asked as he took off his shoes.
Hana silenced him with a look. "There's no need for them to know about this," she whispered. "Nor my brother. We'll have to wait in my room until he falls asleep."
Quirking his eyebrows at her, he found himself in awe of her actions. "What if he wakes up during the night?" he said in a whisper close to her ear.
"He won't. I'll come and get you in the morning before he wakes up, and then I'll take you back to the high school on the train. It's too far to walk. I trust you can find your way home from there?"
Haru nodded, but he wasn't quite as confident as he appeared. Hatori always picked him up from the school, or Momiji walked with him. He would figure that part out in the morning, though.
Hana had removed her shoes and was now standing at the foot of the stairs, waving for him to follow. She led him up the stairs and to the end of the hall and through a shoji door to what he assumed was her bedroom. Dark curtains and other furnishings made shadowy by the moonlight were all he could see. He liked her style. "So, how long do we have to wait until your brother goes to sleep?" he asked softly.
She pointed to a stream of light coming from another door in her room, the one that by method of deduction must lead to his. "Fifteen minutes after that light turns out should be sufficient." Then, in a more substantial answer, "Probably an hour or so, if my light stays off. He won't fall asleep if my light is on. It keeps him awake."
Haru didn't inquire further into the habits of her obviously strange brother. He had other things on his mind, like how to spend an hour or more in the dark with a ripe specimen of the female sex. His Black side called out to him again, but he didn't want it to fully take over. This could be fun. "What will we ever do to occupy our time?" he snickered.
"We could watch a movie if you would like. I have an extensive collection." She walked over to a shelf on the wall that was filled with movies. "This is one that I have been meaning to watch," she said, picking up some B-rated vampire horror film, "but I haven't yet."
"That's fine," he said, distracted by the way her milky skin glowed in the faint light. His attention was even more in focus on her body when she turned on her television and put the movie in, her curves silhouetted against the screen. Waiting until she sat down on the floor near him, he shifted closer and rested back on his hands so he could examine her body more discreetly, tracing over the lines of her neck and face with his eyes, knowing that she was aware. A mild electrical current suddenly zapped his nose and he smiled at her back. She was a feisty one.
Haru subsided in his blatant leering for a few minutes to watch the movie. He wasn't going to force her into anything that she didn't want, even if his Blackness was protesting. When the scene came on with a half-naked teenage girl running from the vampire in the film, though, his libido charged back up and he decided to try again. He tilted his head to one side and moved in towards Hana's throat, mockingly biting at her flesh. When he moved away from her skin, he saw her eyes staring into his, not angry or scared or excited, just staring. "It looked like fun. I've always wanted to be a vampire and suck the blood out of pretty young necks," he teased.
One corner of Hana's mouth rose in a wry smile and she unexpectedly leaned in to his neck and bit him back, much harder than he had bitten hers. She didn't let go right away, though, but sucked on it hard, hard enough to leave a mark. At his taken-aback expression, she smiled. "Me too."
Haru knew she would be up for a good time, or he had hoped so anyway. Reaching out, he drew her head back to his and went for her neck again, leaving her with the same mark that she had given him, then traveling up her throat her cheek and then her lips, dipping his tongue under hers and thoroughly licking every inch of her mouth. Then he drew her bottom lip in between his and suckled it firmly, finally eliciting a barely audible moan from her.
Willfully, Hana pulled back and looked vapidly to her brother's doorway and then to the clock. "It's been exactly fifteen minutes since Megumi's light went out. You may go in there now. He has a spare bed to the far right side of the room."
"Sure," Haru said, a bit disappointed. As he rose and made his way to Megumi's door, Hana's voice stopped him.
"It's unfortunate that you are so bad with directions. I was hoping you could come visit me again."
Haru smiled and winked at her through the feeble light in the room. "I think I'm going to remember how to get here after tonight."
A/N: Okay, I kind of cheated that time. This is the de-lemonized version of another fic on this site. Reviews are still welcome!