Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Hanashi ❯ Once Upon a Time ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

July 3, 2003

[Disclaimer: Fruits Basket and all its characters are properties of Takaya Natsuki-sensei and Hana to Yume comics. Everything else in this fanfic are figments of my imagination. Any similarities to name, places, yada yada yada are simply examples of the world's many coincidental mysteries.]

Once upon a time, there was a storyteller. She was said to be a good storyteller. A little weird, a little strange… but she has weaved a tale or two that one can consider decent. She was satisfied with her hobby, pretending to play god… manipulating the minds and actions of fictional characters in the fictional world she has created.

But one day, the storyteller became excessively bored. She stumbled upon a strange tale about a duck pretending to be a princess trying to save a prince who lost pieces of his heart inside a town where stories are created and stories are interconnect with other stories… and other stories… and other stories.

It was a messed up piece of genius. The storyteller was intrigued… inspired.

So she faced her computer to transform into god… her commanding words flowed from the ends of her fingertips… as the minds and actions of the fictional characters in her fictional world began to dance in the strange melody of a song called…

"Story."

Inasanity Productions has proudly presented:

"Hanashi"

Prologue: Once upon a time…

By Ina-chan

To be continued…