Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ I need you tonight ❯ I need you tonight ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Weirder things had happened in the Sohma Family than this, but...this one topped the charts.
It was around 2 am one morning when Akito Sohma was roused from his sleep by a terrifying dream, as he often was.
He went to call for Kureno but thought to himself, wait, why the hell am I calling him? All he does is offer a kind word and asks me to convince myself it was only a dream...what terrible tactic for comfort. And obviously I cannot possibly call Hatori! He'll just be agitated and offer no support whatsoever...and waiting for Shigure, well, that could take days. Then he realized what he really wanted, was a kind of comfort that could only be provided to him by one person. "Take me to 8th Avenue and 9th Street. And you are to tell no one I am there." He told his driver. His driver was skeptical. What on earth could the Sohma Leader possibly want there? What was so wrong with him that he wanted to go downtown so early in the morning? Then the driver realized who, and what he was driving the Sohma Head to.
The doorbell rang at "Trust Ayame" at 2:30 in the morning. Ayame rolled over in his bed and checked the clock. "I knew I had fawning customers...but to wake me at such a dreaded hour, this had best be important. Ruining my sleep cycle just is not how to earn my favor! My dear clients surely must know this!" With his half-awake rant about the disgrace and foul manners of being roused prematurely now finished, Ayame Sohma got out of bed begrudgingly, and went to the door: astonished at who and what he found there, "Akito-san! So early in the morning, what on earth would Tori-san sa---" Ayame was cut off by a sudden heavy movement on his abdomen. It was Akito, he had sprung from his place on the porch and embraced Ayame.
"Such a terrible dream, Ayame...how I desire comfort and warmth." He heard Akito say.
"But, Akito-san, surely anyone at Sohma House would have come for you. Why come here?" Akito smiled softly as he clutched the taller man's silver hair in his hand,
"Because, Ayame...none of them are as sincere with their true feelings as you are. I thought perhaps you would be best to come to this time. I was shaking the whole ride here! Such a terrible dream!!!" Ayame noted tears forming in the younger man's eyes and so wrapped his arms around the small Sohma Head, pulling him closer.
"Perhaps you should come in, Akito-san, and away from the door so I may close it. It's drafty, and I shan't be able to face Tori-san if you fall ill." That logic seemed to suit Akito well enough. It was a chilly night and he felt it...all he'd come wearing was a sleeping kimono. Also, he didn't want to think what Hatori would do to Ayame out of anger for his bad health should Ayame be found to be at fault. Why did this concern him? He certainly didn't care for the fool...the tall...beautiful...fool. Did he just think that to himself? He shook his head of it, and stepped aside for Ayame to close the door.
Ayame ushered him up the stairs to the apartment that was there. "Please, Akito-san, take a seat there, with the electric blanket. I'll prepare tea." He said, motioning to a very comfortable couch in the far left corner of the room. Akito did as he was told...this was strange, why did he listen to this idiot? His precious Yuki certainly hated him, and that was enough for Akito to detest him as well...except, he couldn't make himself do it. He was beginning to feel much warmer and at ease now, in Ayame's house, sitting there, wrapped in Ayame's electric blanket that smelled just like rose petals and lilacs...the very distinct smell that Akito had noticed on the older man's body and hair when he first hugged him. It was Ayame's scent, and somehow, Akito found himself relishing in it...warming in it...and, dare he say it, beginning to love it. What was this new feeling for the silver haired man? He had always been appealing...ever since Akito had first known him, but it had always been the whole "Yuki hates you, so I hate you" deal between himself and Ayame.
"Here, Akito-san, I have made the tea splendidly!" Ayame exclaimed in his usual haughty manner, putting the tray on the table and pouring Akito a cup. Akito took the cup from him and tried to force a frown on his face to try to hide his pleasure at being given tea by this person...so warm, and free. He didn't know what on earth was stirring in him...but it was a feeling in his stomach that he had never felt before. He felt the couch sink down next to him; Ayame had taken a seat. "Now, Akito-san, you seemed to be near tears with this horrid dream you had. May I ask what the terror may have been?" he asked Akito, taking a sip of his own tea, and watching the Sohma leader quietly with his golden eyes. Akito's eyes widened briefly upon noticing Ayame watching him. He looked down into his tea cup, feeling a light blush creep up on his cheeks.
"I dreamed that you all left me...and I was alone in that large house, calling for all of you, but the only response I got was my own voice echoing in the emptiness...it's what scares me the most you know...to have nothing." Ayame nearly dropped his tea cup when Akito said those words. The fear of having nothing...Ayame was surprised that he and Akito had more in common than he had originally thought. He took Akito's cup from his hand and placed both cups on the table, and then embraced Akito so suddenly, it caused the Sohma head to take in a sharp breath.
"Me too. It's what I fear most as well...to have nothing. To be rejected by those who are around me. It's a painful thought. And to think that it is possible that one day it could happen, frightens me as well." He said softly into Akito's hair...winter...he thought...the smell of winter...it was rampant on Akito. Ayame smiled softly, so this is why the fates sent him to me... he thought, Winter has always been a terribly gloomy time, but with enough warmth, there is always the knowledge that a more beautiful thing will come of it. Akito was so confused at Ayame's actions, but more so at his own. Upon the embrace, Akito held fast to Ayame. He didn't want to let go of the warm being that was there, nearly completely oblivious to the things that went on at Sohma House...surely he knew of the suffering of the Jyuunishi, hell, he WAS the snake after all, but beyond that, what could this person possibly know of anything? This was a comforting thought to Akito. Finally, he didn't have to be the one to suffer alone. Ayame had embraced him of his own volition, and was still holding him. Akito tilted his head up slightly, to meet the golden eyes of the entrancing snake.
"What can you possibly know of anything I go through? The pain I am forced to endure?" He asked sharply, again attempting to hide the stirring in his heart.
"I know of only one thing for certain..." Ayame told him, "And that is that there is something in my possession now that I, sadly, will only be able to have for a short time." Akito was confused again,
"Enough with your word games and riddles, Snake...tell me what it is. I as the head of the Sohma must know all that presides within my household." Ayame didn't answer for a moment, but closed his eyes and relished in the scent of Akito near him, then he kissed the clan head full on the lips. Akito's eyes went wide, but his heart settled into contentment, and he returned the kiss. Once the kiss had been broken, Ayame answered,
"Love, from the most unattainable source." Akito smiled,
"But this love is our little secret." I need you tonight. He added in his mind.
 
 
~OWARI~
 
Author's notes: I know Aki-chan is a woman, but it occurred to me in the shower a couple days ago (weirder things have happened!!!) to try this couple on for size. Just a one-shot. Please try to be nice about this in your reviews and please review, review, review!
 
KSL