Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Kyo's Kitten Reika ❯ Trading His Sanity ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kyo told Haru to watch the house while he was gone. Slowly walking out of the apartment, Kyo went to his car and drove to the main house.

Kyo knew his way around the main house. He entered the gate and walked straight until he saw Akito hanging out of the window. Kyo bowed in defeat, and walked through the doors to get to Akito’s room to further discuss what Kyo had decided over the telephone.

With a heavy heart, Kyo entered Akito’s domain.

Meanwhile, Ayame attempted to convince Reika to eat. For the past few days, she hadn’t eaten or slept, the only thing she would do was cry and drink water.

Ayame told her a joke, but she refused to look at him. Ayame sighed.

“Would you like to see Kyo today?” Ayame thought it would cheer her up, but more tears fell down her face.

“I want to go home.” Reika whispered silently as she watched the rain fall down. Reika waited for Ayame to turn his back before grabbing her backpack and running out of the front door. She ran blindly in the rain, feeling weakened and tired.

She finally came across the apartment building after a while and made her way to her home.

She didn’t bother to knock, but rather opened the doorknob and happily walked into the apartment. She ran to Kyo’s room, tears streaming down her cheeks as she locked herself in.
Haru was busy taking a shower by the time Kyo slowly entered the apartment and walked to his room, only to find it locked.

Kyo sighed and picked the lock open before walking into his room, only to find Reika asleep on the bed as a cat.

Kyo mentally cursed as he attempted to figure out what was going on. “Reika, what are you doing here?” he whispered to himself. He was shocked, and sat down on the bed, before calling Ayame and telling him where she was.

“At least get her to eat, I’ll come and get her whenever you want, if you would like, though, she can stay there for the weekend, she barely seems alive.”

Kyo agreed to the weekend before hanging up the phone and slowly making his way to the bedroom. Kyo sat down next to Reika’s sleeping form and picked her up, carefully putting the kitten on his lap and began to pet her gently.

Kyo glanced around the room and found her clothes on the bed next to where he was sitting. With a poof, she turned human, though she continued to sleep. Kyo quietly dressed her, and laid Reika on his bed, tucking her in.

“Hey Kyo,” Haru walked into Kyo’s room with the phone and tossed it at the now free cat, “Hatori wants to talk to you about some decision.” Haru’s eyes slowly drifted to the sleeping figure on the bed and his voice began to quiet itself.

“Hatori?” Kyo tentatively placed the phone to his ear.

“If you truly intend to go through with it, I can begin the procedure whenever Ayame can bring Reika in. I’ve talked to Ayame, he said if you do this, you can have her, but you’ll have a high price to pay.” Hatori stated professionally, jumping straight into business.

“I know, but it’d be worth it.” Kyo sighed as he stared at the young girl.

“She would have to agree, if she doesn’t, if she has even one doubt about the procedure, I won’t do it.” Hatori tried to stay calm as he looked over the book in his hands.

“I plan to talk to her about it this weekend, and I’ll bring her on Sunday, I-I’m going to be visiting with her over the weekend anyway.” Kyo thought quickly to avoid the truth, and quickly uttered goodbye before hanging up the phone.

Haru had remained in the doorway waiting to begin questioning Kyo, “What is she doing here? If anyone finds out, you’ll be in huge trouble!” Hatsuharu whispered harshly. Reika stirred and slowly began to open her eyes.

Kyo gave Haru a look that Haru read as 'I'll tell you later', so he left the room. Reika shifted, but didn't say anything.

Kyo opened his mouth, he wanted to ask her, to talk to her, but nothing came out. Instead, he settled for tucking her back in and ordering a pizza.

Disclaimer – Fruits Basket is still not mine.