Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Out of the Bag ❯ End/Beginning ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Fruits Basket and make no claim to it or its characters.

Summary: The end of the story.
I’m so sorry for not getting this posted sooner. I hope you enjoy this final chapter.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII       IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Chapter 6 End/Beginning

Tohru woke up gradually at first confused as to why she wasn’t in her bed. A shifting at her side brought back the memories she needed to organize her mind. That’s right; we distracted Momiji while Hana locked Kyo and Yuki in their room. The television and DVD player were turned off, but she didn’t remember doing it. On either side, pressed up against her were Hana and Uo both sound asleep. Her eyes traveled up to the couch expecting to find Momiji. To her surprise he wasn’t there. She shifted and stretched her sore, stiff body. I love spending time with my friends, but I can do without sleeping on the floor.

She pushed the blanket off so that she could stand. I wonder where Momiji’s at. The last time I remember seeing him, he was curled up on the couch asleep. Making sure to not step on either Uo or Hana, Tohru made her way to her room. A glance at her alarm clock showed that she still had about an hour before the alarm was set to go off. She decided to get dressed and fix a large breakfast for the seven of them. I don’t know what Momiji’s like on school mornings so I don’t know if I should wake him up early or let him sleep. First, though, I need to actually find him. After quickly braiding her hair, she stepped into the hallway and immediately noticed that Yuki’s door was no longer jammed. She’d seen how Hana jammed doors before, thus she was surprised at the lack of materials. I guess Shigure or Momiji must’ve done it after we were asleep. Feeling a little brave, Tohru crept closer and pushed the door open silently. She was quite pleased to find that it didn’t creak. I feel like I’m some kind of super spy.

Inch by inch, the brunette poked her head into the room and had to clamp her hand over her mouth to stop herself from making any sounds. Quickly pulling her head out of the room, she tiptoed back to her room to grab her camera, a birthday present from Hatori. Tohru then tiptoed her way back to Yuki’s room. In order to operate the camera and get a nice, clear shot she’d have to open the door farther. Biting her lip, the teenager slipped into the room praying that the three boys on the bed would fail to notice her presence. It’s bad enough I’m in Yuki’s room. I just have to get a picture as proof to show Uo and Hana. It will also be a nice picture to put in my album. She made sure the flash was turned off before holding the camera steady and pushed the button. The soft click it made sounded abnormally loud in the silent room causing her to freeze. When the three boys showed no signs of waking, Tohru tiptoed back out the door shutting it softly behind her. I can’t wait to get this developed so I can show Uo and Hana.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII             &nb sp;IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Kyo was the first of the three to wake. As his mind soaked up the warmth and comfort he felt, his eyes were glued to the rat in his arms and the rabbit behind the rat.

After their talk, he and Yuki tried to get the door open with no success. Kyo was just about to climb out the window when Yuki suggested he sleep in the rat’s room. The suggestion was accompanied by a vivid blush that made Kyo’s heart melt. His own cheeks had heated up at the idea and he agreed. So after a lot of blushing and refusing to look at each other, the two of them crawled under the blankets on Yuki’s bed quickly falling asleep. Sometime later that night, Momiji came into the room waking the two of them up. Kyo didn’t think about what he was saying or doing. He just scooted backwards pulling Yuki with him to make room for their smaller cousin. Once the rabbit got settled, Yuki fell back asleep with Kyo not too far behind.

The orange haired teen pushed himself up onto his elbow so that he could look at the other two. Momiji lay curled up against Yuki’s chest. You can’t tell how energetic he is just by looking at him right now. The blonde was totally relaxed and completely still. The cat’s eyes shifted to Yuki who lay with his arms wrapped around the blonde. He too was totally relaxed, not a hint of tension in his muscles. He in turn was being held by Kyo who was pressed up against the rat’s back. Looking at the two of them you would never think that we’re under a curse. You’d never think that each of us has horrible scars courtesy of Akito. His heart ached at the sight of his two cousins.

Can I actually do it? No, I can’t hurt either of them. Yuki does care for Momiji whether he realizes it or not. So, can I learn to care for the rabbit? Kyo shifted so that he could lie on his back. Yes, I can. It might take some time, but I can. A glance at Yuki’s alarm clock showed that he’d actually slept in by some thirty minutes, but Kyo was so comfortable that he didn’t want to move. The teen decided he could sleep in just once.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII         IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

“MY DEAREST BROTHER, I’M SO GLAD YOU’VE FOUND TRUE LOVE.”

The next time Kyo woke up it was to the sound of Ayame’s voice. Grumbling softly as he pushed himself up into a sitting position, the teen realized that Yuki was no longer in bed with him and Momiji. The rabbit was now plastered to Kyo’s side still sound asleep.  

“I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT EVEN THOUGH YOU’VE FOUND LOVE IN THE MOST UNEXPECTED OF PLACES, I SUPPORT YOU WHOLE HEARTEDLY!”

Kyo suddenly began chuckling. Now that the fucking snake knows it won’t be long before the entire world learns about us. He knew it wouldn’t be long before Akito found out, but the cat could’ve cared less. We’ll deal with him when the time comes. Right now, life was looking pretty good from where he sat. He and Yuki were together. The cat’s eyes trailed down to the blonde rabbit. If everything works out then Momiji will soon be joining us. Yeah, life is good.

“BUT YUKI, I WANT TO SHOW…OUCH…YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO HIT ME THAT HARD…OUCH…SHIGURE, TOHRU, YUKI’S NOT BEING VERY FAIR!”

Kyo glanced at the clock to find that he’d slept for two hours. The only time he ever slept in was when he was sick. I better get down there to help do damage control. I’ll call Hatori before I set foot into the kitchen, and then I’ll distract that tacky snake until he shows up to claim him giving Yuki a small break. He climbed out of bed and headed towards his room to change clothes. Neither of them needed to hear any crude comments from Shigure. Just as he got to the door sounds from the bed caught his attention. Turning his head, Kyo was able to see Momiji shifting towards the spot the cat had left emitting soft sounds of complaint. Cute.

“YUKI, COME HERE AND LET US DEEPEN OUR BROTHERLY BOND!”

The orange haired teen was slightly disappointed that he wouldn’t get to hold a half awake rat this morning. However, he knew that there would be other mornings-mornings without Ayame driving Yuki insane.

He had to hide his smile as he walked around the corner spotting his love standing in the kitchen doorway. Yuki jumped when Kyo wrapped his arms around his waist in a hug. The aggravated sparks in purple eyes turned to happiness when the rat realized who was holding him.

“OH SHIGURE ISN’T IT WONDERFUL TO SEE SUCH HAPPINESS!”

The two standing in the doorway ignored the loudmouth snake in favor of paying attention to each other. Kyo couldn’t stop the small smile that appeared on his face when Yuki turned around to face the snake and dog leaning his slender body back into Kyo’s. True, he would have to listen to Shigure’s crude comments and Ayame’s loud exclamations; however, being able to hold the one he loved openly was more than worth it.  It was so much better than sitting up on the roof alone wishing to feel this. I’m glad our secrets are out of the bag-maybe not all of them, but we’re getting there. His thoughts drifted back to the rabbit still asleep in Yuki’s bed. Yeah, we’re getting there.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII     IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII III

Chapter 6

The End

I know it’s not as long as the previous chapters, but it felt right ending it here. I hope you’ve enjoyed the story.
Converting /tmp/phpQSI4Gl to /dev/stdout