Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Reflections ❯ Reflections ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Reflections
By: Natilie Sawada
 
A/n: This is my first fragment. I originally thought of doing this as a scene in one of my stories, but then I thought of how good it might sound as a stand alone fragment. So I decided to write it separately. Enjoy!
 
--------------------
*********
But why do you look
For your reflection in the snow?
********* -Keep Eyes Open
 
Blazing orange hair. Watchful crimson eyes. Tiger-like reflexes. Toned, alert muscles. He could almost see the pointy ears swiveling to catch a sound, or the long tail twitching in annoyance. Kyo angrily splashed the reflection away and turned his back to the stream. He stood up from his crouch and dusted off his pants. He kicked a rock hard and the loud CLACK! echoed through the deathly quiet woods as the rock bounced off the tree trunk and was flung away into the bushes.
It was always the same. Mirrors, windows, even steaming cups of dark colored tea handed to him by the love of his life. He frustratedly kicked the ground; his teeth bared, his eyes burning with rage and sparkling tears.
He looked up at the painfully blue sky through the cover of trees; whose branches stretched over it, blocking that sky from him like so many leaved bars on his fated cage. The silence was so maddening it made him want to cry. I wonder he thought, looking forward again, expecting to see more bars of cold iron and steel, waiting to soak up his blood and tears, and to show him his reflection in their cold, shiny surface so he would never forget why he was there. Will I ever be able to look at my reflection and see something more than a worthless cat…
 
[fin]