Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Shadowed by Fame Shattered by Fear ❯ Trouble in Paradise ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: This chapter may contain a little angst directing towards Kisa.
 
MTR (Messages to reviewers):

FF
Mischievouz Angel: Yea the honeydew thing was weird. Lol, coincidence huh? Anyways, thanks for reviewing kimmi-chan, and hopefully you're more than halfway there for updating Blackmail.
Daelaeyni:
Phew, that's a relief, I'm just glad you're enjoying the fact that I'm confusing you, lol, Thank you!
RinHaru4Eva:
Yea I'm like really wanting to tell you all why Kyo doesn't remember Tohru but to make this story interesting, I might have to keep you in suspense for a little longer, thanks for reviewing.
Aqua:
Hehe I'm not sure if this is an error or not, but your review came up 3 times. Anyway, thank you so much, I'm glad that you like my story.
moonflower:
Wow do you own a horse? And I hope you did well for your French test. Thank you!

MM

sakura-bell: Yes Momiji is basically the one closest to her right now. I'm thrilled to know that you enjoy my story so thank you for reviewing!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
SHADOWED BY FAME SHATTERED BY FEAR
By Angelite Phoenix// Dark Angel of Mystery
 
CHAPTER 4: Xx- Trouble in Paradise -xX
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was a quiet afternoon at Shigure Kusanagi's house; he was drinking tea with his two best friends Ayame Shimazu and Hatori Tsumoto. They were catching up, just like old mabudachi trio times.

”So Gure-san, I created a magnificent pale ocean green dress for Kagura, the leading lady. How does it look?” Ayame held up his designs inside a fluffy thick book and showed them to Shigure.
 
“Wow that looks very attracting Aya, I like the color.” Shigure smiled.
 
“Uhh don't you think it's a bit too revealing around the legs?” Hatori pointed out.
 
“Why Hatori, it's just one of the best features, don't ruin the dress by taking it away.” Shigure smiled and winked at Ayame.
 
“Hehe, yes Hatori, you don't need to be sooooo serious.”
 
“Fine fine, as long as you two aren't thinking of anything perverted for the other dresses, don't forget I'm the photographer, I'm the one who has to take pictures close up.” Hatori poured more tea into his cup.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
“His names Kureno Murakami, he's about 8 years older than me, but he's so handsome… and he's got the best smile and he's the agent of orange-top and his fiancée Kagura.”
 
“Wait…those two are engaged?”
 
“Yea, I made him tell me by threatening him with a mop.” Arisa laughed.
 
“Oh…so how'd you meet him? And have you asked him out yet?”
 
“Well…believe it or not, it was inside the grocery store, this pile of stuff fell over and I helped him out and he seemed really nice, he said that he really loves my music…but I haven't asked him out yet… because…well, I want to get to know him more first.”
 
`Well that's great Uo, I'm so happy for you.” Hana smiled.
 
“Thank you Hana, you know we should go visit Tohru later on this week, are you available?”
 
“Yes.” Hana looked through her schedule.
 
“Awesome.”
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Now that she was in L.A, Tohru lived with Momiji in his father's big mansion that was away from the central city. Their final examination for their last year in university was going to be in 2 weeks, and after that, if they passed, it'd be the big graduation. Momiji was looking forward to graduation, and so was Tohru, both of them had worked hard for a good degree so that later on they'd be able to find suitable and high-pay jobs for themselves. Of course, until then, Momiji would have to stick to being just the President's son, while Tohru as a cleaner.
 
Momiji was still drinking his coffee when he realized that it was past 9am, and Tohru was meant to be at work. He quickly got changed from his PJ's and dashed into Tohru's room.
 
“Tohru, wake up, you're late for work.” Momiji shook her arm lightly.
 
“Hmm? What? AHH!” Tohru sprang out of bed and ran to the bathroom, brushing her teeth and grabbing out her uniform.
 
“Aren't you going to have breakfast first?” Momiji offered her some pancakes.
 
“Thanks Momiji, but I slept in too late; I'll have them in the car if that's okay.”
 
“Sure.” Momiji smiled as he packed the pancakes in a takeaway box, went outside and started up the car. 10 minutes later, Tohru came rushing down the stairs and jumped into the car eating the pancakes and drinking her coffee.
 
When they arrived, Tohru was already an hour late; she gave Momiji a kiss goodbye and ran into the building, bumping into the director Akito along the way.
 
“Mr. Kurosawa, good morning, I'm so sorry that I'm late.” Tohru bowed.
 
“Ok, just don't let it happen again, if it does, you're fired. This place needs serious cleaning and since this is only a temporary job for you, you need to make the most of it while you're here.” Akito replied coldly and walked past her.
 
“Yes, I understand.” Tohru started to get the equipment when Kyo appeared out of nowhere.
 
“Sorry if he was a little harsh, he's always like that.”
 
“Oh no it's okay, it's my fault, I slept late last night studying for the exams, and I had forgotten what time it was…so I ended up sleeping in.”
 
“You sure work hard, your parent's must really be proud of you.” Kyo commented.
 
“Well, their actually…both…dead, my dad died from an illness and my mom in a car accident.” Tohru had forgotten that Kyo didn't remember anything from her past…or his own.
 
“I'm sorry to hear that.” Kyo followed her down the hallway and just casually chatted to her. Besides, who else could he talk to? Kagura was doing some filming in New York and he didn't have a lot of close friends and sometimes he would wonder why.
 
“It's okay, besides I have a wonderful group of friends around me, so I still feel very lucky even though my parents were never by my side for very long.”
 
`She's very strong at heart…even though she's had to deal with all these problems and deaths of her close relatives, she's still so happy…and yet I'm rich, and I'm famous and I'm not happy nor…do I feel lucky…Why?' Kyo thought.
 
“So…do you have a boyfriend?” Kyo asked Tohru a question that made her feel uncomfortable.
 
“N-no.”
 
“Oh ok, I thought you would've, I mean you're very beautiful.” Kyo blurted out and quickly shut his mouth, blushing madly.
 
“Uhh…”
 
“I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that…I mean I have a girlfriend, a fiancée…Just ignore me.” Kyo turned away.
 
“Kyo, we're filming Scene 5, don't forget you're the main character, you need to be here right now!” Akito's voice boomed through the corridor.
 
“Sorry, I gotta run.” Kyo looked at Tohru.
 
“Oh, of course, you have a job too, go ahead.” Tohru forced a smile and carried on cleaning as he left.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
“Kakeru! You just spilt your cappuccino all over my suit!” Yuki yelled at his band member as they were choosing what to wear for the MTV awards.
 
“Oops…sorry Yun-Yun.” Kakeru turned around and shrugged.
 
“Guess I'll have to choose something else…” Yuki sighed and bumped into Machi who had something in her hands, she handed it to Yuki as he realized that it was the last suit in store. It was the same as the one that Kakeru had just ruined.
 
“Machi? Where'd you get this?”
 
“The lady went through the back to check for any leftover stock, and she found one, it's the one you want right?”
 
“Yes, thank you Machi.” Yuki smiled and hugged her as she blushed.
 
“Kakeru! Come take a look at this!” Kimi called her boyfriend over as she stepped out of the dressing room in a slim light Pink dress and twirled around while looking at the mirror.
 
“I think it's wonderful, you should stick with that one.” Kakeru nodded and picked out a matching white gold necklace with pink jewels and handed it to Kimi.
 
“Wow…that is gorgeous, Kimi loves it!” Kimi snatched the necklace and grinned.
 
“So you guys, we're going to the set of “Blind Attraction” tomorrow to check it out and record our song for the soundtrack CD, what do you think?”
 
“Kimi would really like to meet Yun-Yun's brother Ayame!”
 
“I want to get an autograph of the author, I've read the book and I love it.” Machi said.
 
“It'll be awesome! Can't wait to meet that famous star Kagura Tashiro, oh, and I can't forget, I'm a major fan of Kyo Sohma! Haha, I still remember the years he used to be in High school, good times…oh except for that other part though…” Kakeru replied.
 
“What? That Kyo's gonna be in the movie?” Yuki looked up in surprise.
 
“Yea, you know him right? You two used to be enemies!”
 
“Uh huh…except he probably doesn't remember anyone anymore…”
 
“Oh…yes that was so tragic, Kimi really cried the minute she heard about the accident.”
 
“Oh well, we will just have to see what happens.” Yuki paid for his suit at the counter and walked out the door.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Kisa Nagasaki flicked through the latest published edition of the Hollywood Stars magazine. Her boss seemed very satisfied with her work lately, but yet, she wasn't exactly proud of herself. She decided to call Hiro, after last night's drama, she felt that their relationship wasn't going very strong.
 
“Hello, Hiro Akiyama speaking.”
 
“….Hiro?” Kisa said quietly.
 
“What?” Hiro replied in a rude manner.
 
“Hiro…why'd you abandon me yesterday?” Kisa asked sadly.
 
“Excuse me? What the hell Kisa! You were the one who abandoned me with a whole lotta frickin phonecalls!” Hiro shouted across the line as tears welled up in Kisa's eyes.
 
“But H-Hiro…”
 
“Don't you get it Kisa? Your job is the most important thing to you now, compared to all this magazine editing stuff, I am NOTHING, you're so occupied with your career there's no room left for me anymore!”

”Hiro, that's not true!”
 
“Kisa…I love you, but we can't go on like this if all I'm going to get is a bunch of job related phone calls…It just doesn't feel like I'm needed anymore…maybe you should…find someone else that can relate to your career….I'm sorry, but it's over…” Hiro put the phone down as Kisa burst into tears. She threw the magazine across the room in anger and sulked on her desk.
“I'm turning…into a monster…who doesn't care about anything but this stupid magazine. I can't stand it anymore, how could I be so cruel towards him, treating him like that when I know it will just hurt him. Why? This isn't me…”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
A/N: So how was that chapter? As always, I'd love to hear what you think of it!
Thanks for reading,
Till next time
 
Angelite Phoenix//Dark Angel of Mystery