Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The whisper in my ear ❯ The Meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The whisper in my ear chapter 1
 
 
 
Lockers just piss me off. No matter how hard you try, they never seem to open up; just like the boys back home. You ask them to open up to you, and they just open up the palm of their hand and show you their middle finger. I doubt it'll be any different here, but who knows; something good may come out of this….
 
Yuki Sohma P.O.V
 
My hair blew in my face as I walked below the air conditioning vent. I attempted to push the purple wisps away, to clear my vision, but failed to do so. An open door appeared in my path, and I collided with it.
 
“Dammit!” I hollered, clutching my head in my hands, lying on the cold, unforgiving tile.
“Are you okay?” a unfamiliar voice rang. I peered up to see a pale-faced chestnut-blonde, hand outstretched. Her tender green eyes overwhelmed with concern…
“Yeah; yeah I'm fine,” I responded taking her hand in a firm grasp as she hoisted me up.
“I am SO sorry,” she began, ”I had no idea that there was anyone- Oh my god you're bleeding!” Her fingers brushed against my face, sending my arms into a goose-bump fury. I just stood there speechless while she fretted over my small wound, as she continued to apologize.
“I'll be right back! I'm gonna get you a bandage, okay?”
She sprinted off before I had an opportunity to answer. I wiped the blood off my forehead with my sleeve and shrugged. “Must be a transfer student,” I thought to myself as I walked towards my next class as the chime rang….
 
**********************
 
Transfer Student P.O.V
 
“I guess I kept him waiting to long,” I murmured to myself, staring at the unused bandage in my open palm. The mysterious violet-haired and eyed boy left a vivid picture in my mind. “I wonder if I'll see him again…”
“Ehh?!? 9:30 already?!? I'm so late!” The neon numbers on my cell phone screen seemed to enjoy my displeasure. My feet moved swift below me, arm- bag swaying unstedily on my shoulder. I screeched to a halt, opening the classroom door; breathing heavily. Silence fell as I strolled to the sensei's desk; every set of eyes following my every move. Blue eyes, green, brown, and; purple?!? My gaze caught his, and a small smile spread across his face. I wanted to respond with one as nice as his, but my legs felt as if they would give out any second. I turned away from him, and to the sensei. “Sorry that I'm late on my first day sensei, it won't happen again.” I bowed as a chuckle emerged from his throat.
“It's alright. It's your first day, and this is an awfully big school. I would imagine you'd get lost,” he turned me to face the class, and motioned me to introduce myself.
“Hello I'm Mandy Marie; transferring from America. It's nice to meet you.”
While bowing, I remembered rehearsing this in front of the mirror, my father laughing at me every time.
 
“You're acting like it's scripted,” he'd say.
“So? That's how it's supposed to be,” I'd respond, placing my hands on my hips in defiance. “I need to make a good first impression, and first impressions are the most important thing in the world,” I'd rant on.
“Well you know,” my dad would start to say, cupping my face in his aged hands, “YOU are the most important thing in the world to me.” I loved my dad for that. He was the sensitive type; the kind of person you just want to run up to and hug at any given moment.
 
“Please sit down between Tohru Honda and Yuki Sohma please,” sensei said. The purple haired boy smiled again; not a toothy, or goofy grin; but a soft grin that warmed you're heart; and your cheeks. My face felt hot as I sat next to him and the brown haired girl named Tohru. She immediately introduced he self and babbled on about the school, life in Japan, etc. I didn't mind though. She reminded me of my best friend Carla back at home.
I looked over to Yuki, staring intently at the book in his hands, he seemed motionless, like he wasn't breathing. I wanted to reach out and touch him; to make sure he was real. His long fingers formed gracefully around the book, and gently turned the next page slowly and quietly, as if not to disturb the silence.
Then it occurred to me. He was a Sohma; but does that mean; is he…… cursed??