Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ 100 Words ❯ 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: All the characters involved belong to the creators of FMA. I'm just borrowing them for my nefarious smut purposes. No profit made, yadda yadda.

For the 100 Themes Challenge - found at http://www.livejournal.com/~fma_het

100 Words

Ed and Winry Go Through 100 Themes

By Amanda Lever

In Spite Of Fear

Childhood Friend

They fought over who'd marry her, Alphonse reminded him. He'd won, he told Edward, but been refused. It was the game children play. He wasn't ready for the real thing yet. He had to know that he wouldn't be the dog that ran, just like his father.

She hadn't cared. She was still here, straddling his hips, knowing his fears. It was the risk she took.

He knew why she wanted him to come home now; they had new games to play. Her hands traced his scars reverently; his fingers traced arrays on her skin that transmuted breath to gasps.

What He Would Say

Family

"If Hughes were alive," Roy said, when he became aware of the change in their relationship, "He'd happy for you."

Edward tried not to think on that, when he came home, slipping in past Den and Pinako, neither of who slept deeply.

"The advice he would give you," Roy continued, "would be `marry her swiftly, and have a family'. Don't waste the time you're given." His pain was plain. "We rarely appreciate it."

When he slipped into her bed and heard her mumble `I love you, good night', he realized Roy had been honest with him for the first time.

Mom's Blessing

Remembrance

She woke to find her bed empty. She knew where Edward was, thought. Dressing, she went to meet him.

"Do you come out every time you visit, Edward?"

He nodded and said, "I feel I ought to come and talk to her. About what I'm doing, how I am, how close or how far we are to success. A son should be able to talk to his mother."

"And have you told her about me?" Winry asked, sitting down not far from him.

"Of course, I'll never know if she gives her blessing…" But he smiled. "Still, I can guess."

THOSE EYES!

Dog

"Winry."

"Mmm."

"Winry."

"Mmm?"

"Put Den out. He's doing it again! I'm never gonna come with your dog eyeballing us!"

Winry lifted her head and then laughed, before she placed a kiss to Ed's thigh. "I knew something was wrong."

Ed watched her get up, naked as the day she was born, and grabbed the dog by the collar, sweeping him to the doorway and nudging him outside.

"How did you know?"

"About the fifth time I run my tongue just so," she replied, "You usually go over the edge. I was to stroke nine when you finally said something."

Between The Lines

The Library

The library was getting to be as mingled as their lives were. Mechanical texts were tight against alchemic tomes, and automail manuals had their spines in line with books thick with arrays and their uses.

But the shelves also provided protection. The books buffered sound well; it didn't carry past rows and rows of volumes that would never tell of what went on between the aisles -- his jacket on the floor in one, her top on a shelf in the other.

Books were not the only things found on their backs and open, here. Still, Edward read between the lines.