Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Bewitched ❯ New Girl ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The woman pushed the knife closer to Riza’s neck, causing blood to come out. “Answer me you dog!”
“…Dog…” Riza gripped the other’s wrist hard. “The only dog I am call is The Dog of the Military!” she jerked the woman’s hand away. “Now, get the hell off of me!” she pulled her legs under the woman and pushed them off, tossing her off.
“Argh!” the other was thrown into the wall, making a loud cracking noise and putting cracks into the wall. “Fatuus canis…” she got on her hands and knee and shook her head.
Riza got up fast and started for the stairs only to get pulled back to the floor by her ankle, only feet away from the stairs. “Let me go!” she kicked at the females’ hand, desperate to get away from her attacker.
“Never, now hold still so I can kill you!!” the crazy woman pulled out a knife and yanked Riza towards her and bought the knife down.
They say that before you die your life flashes before your eyes. Riza had always wanted to know what that kind of experience was like. Even while she was in the Ishbal Extermination, a part of her life that will haunt her forever, she had never come close to dying or a near death experience. She had always hoped she would die a war hero or better yet; married with children of her own. So, death by a crazy woman welding a knife was not an acceptable way to die.
Riza grabbed the woman’s wrist and slammed it into the wall, making it drop. “I will not let you beat me!” she used her free hand and punched the woman in her cheek.
Pushing her off again, Riza quickly got up and ran down the stairs and busted through the kitchen. “Katherina!” she pushed herself against the door, keeping it shut.
Katherina put some chicken and a blue cup of thing in a large pot. “What’s happening darlin’?”
“Didn’t you hear the fighting upstairs!?” Riza was lurched forward from the door being rammed into.
“Ah, yes. The girl on the other side is MacKenzie, she’s a little…rambunctious but she’s really a sweet and harmless girl.”
“Sweet, harmless people don’t attack people without being provoked! Sweet, harmless people don’t try to stab people they don’t know!” Riza got pushed forward again. “And why aren’t you stopping her!?” she pressed on the door harder.
“Katherina, are you okay!?” MacKenzie rammed on the door harder, throwing Riza all the way off.
Riza stumbled into the counter across from her. Looking up she saw a knife on the counter and grabbed it. Turning around, she pointed it at the blonde woman in front of her and readied herself for the next attack.
“MacKenzie, didn’t I tell you that attacking people without legitimate reasons is wrong?” Katherina said as she turned off the stove and moved her pot to a different burner.
“But--”
“No buts.” Katherina waved her hand and the weapons disappeared. “Go into the living room and then we’ll get everyone introduced.” she smiled.
~
Riza and MacKenzie sat on the couch together, staring into the fireplace.
Riza glanced at the blonde next to her. Ever since Katherina told them to sit in the living room, the two refused to talk to one another.
“I’m bar dears,” the dark haired woman came into the room with a tray. There were bowls filled with whatever she had been cooking, three tall glasses filled with a mysterious pink liquid and a medium basket filled with bread. “I also have dinner.” she set the tray down on the coffee table. “I hope you both enjoy what I’ve made.” after handing out bowls, she took hers and got comfortable.
Riza looked at the food. It didn’t smell bad but it certainly didn’t smell good. “What’s in this?”
“The same things in your stew back at home.” Katherina chucked. “I did add a few things from this would too so you’ll be a bit used to them.”
“It’s very good but vermin like her shouldn’t be given suck food.” MacKenzie glared at Riza.
Ignoring it, Riza bought the spoon full of the broth to her lips. ‘So warm…’ parting her lips, she tilted the utensil, letting the liquid wash over her taste buds and down her throat. Her eyes widen some and she looked up at the woman across from her. “This is amazing. I haven’t had anything like this in a long time…thank you, Katherina.” she smiled some.
“You’re welcome. Now, Mackenzie, don’t you have something that you’d like to say to Riza?” she looked at her over the rim of her glass.
MacKenzie stiffened. “…” she then turned to face Riza more. “…I’m sorry for attacking like I did before. I shouldn’t have attacked you without warning like that.”
Riza stuck out her hand. “Its okay.” she paused. “I believe I would have acted the same way if someone I didn’t know was wondering around my house. I understand that you did it to protect the one you cherish the most.”
MacKenzie looked at her hand then took it. “Thank you, for understanding.” she smiled.