Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Faithful ❯ Nii-san ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I still own nothing, if I did you'd know it.


Chapter 6 - Nii-san.

3.Oct.10, the exact date they burned their house and left Reesembool, the day his brother left his childhood behind only to become a dog of the military. Even if he didn’t really remember what happened, for him October 3rd was a special day, he always went home just before its arrival.
Before he received this watch Winry told him of the importance of that date, she too considered it somehow special. Strangely enough, it was that exact same day he returned to his hometown in the flesh for the first time in nearly 4 years.

Alphonse's earlier memories were foggy, but the first person he saw was Sienna. He recognized neither the place he was in nor the girl he was with. She hadn’t said a thing, just helped him up and carried him to where sensei was waiting. He didn’t see her again till Izumi’s funeral 5 years ago.
He was so weak; he had to spend a month in Central’s hospital before they let him go home. During all that time he didn’t stop asking about Edward, still he got no answers. He was afraid something happened to him during the transmutation; their mother’s transmutation was the last thing he remembered.

Strange people visited him the first few days, they all acted like they knew him but he couldn’t recall any of their faces; Izumi then banned all visitors from his room.
Before he was released auntie Pinako came, Winry was not with her which seemed odd, she hadn’t visited him in all the time he was at Central. Upon his arrival at the Rockwell’s house he found out why she never did; it was shocking to say the least, all of the sudden his childhood friend was 5 years older than him and apparently so was his missing brother.
They had avoided telling him anything until he was healthy but now that he had seen Winry, there was no turning back. October 3rd was the day he learned the truth of their failed human transmutation, that same day he understood that not only it costed him 4 years of his life, but the only family he had left. He was sure they were hiding somethings from him but the result was the same, Edward was gone and no one could tell him why or how.

He had been living in the Rockbell’s house for some time. Rose, who now lived with them too, was one of the many people that they met during their quest but also one of the last to see his brother. She told him everything she knew, and that’s how he got the idea, he was gonna reconstruct their journey. He was hoping to found out the things they hid from him and also a way to get Ed back.
At first Pinaki, Winry and Izumi opposed to that, but he was stubborn, so finally sensei agreed, but not before he retrained with her for a while.

So that’s how it started for him, he travelled from Reesembool to Central and with Mustang’s help he followed their complete journey along with the research they were making. He was 14 when he finalized, he had learned the truth behind everything, his father, Dante, the homunculus, the gate and the Philosopher’s stone. Still there was a little detail missing, Sienna. She knew much more, she was the key to bring his brother back, he was sure of it. For months he looked everywhere, only for her to apear the night of Izumi's funeral.

Sensei had always hidden the truth about her real state, so he was surprised when she called him and asked him to go to Dublith. She was dying and wanted to confess him all of the things she hid, starting with Wrath and her theories of Edward's whereabouts. Only a week after his arrival to the Curtis residence, Izumi passed away. Her funeral was almost as painful for him to remember as his own mother's. Like in hers, he stood beside her grave until everyone left, then she came. She looked older and her hair was past her waist now, but he recogised her.

Red met hazel, they stood silent for a few moments. " Meet me here tomorrow morning, I'll tell you everything" Sienna turned away and left without looking back.

"I can't belive it" Alphonse couldn't believe what he just heard. She had showed up at Izumi's grave, left a bouquet and then spilled a whole bucket of information to him. "You're telling me that my brother is not at the gate but beyond?"
"That's right" she simply answered
"But how are we going to get him home then?, we don't know what's beyond or how he passed in the first place" he was getting frustrated now.
"Dante is our only chance, she knows more about the gate than anyone.I've been tracking her for years with no luck that's why I'm heading back to Central, I'm joining the Military"
"Why?"
"Mustang, he said he'll help me find her" she looked at him one more time then started walking towards the town. "I'm leaving tomorrow, I'll keep in touch"
Alphonse was spechless, he returned to the house and thought about her words for hours. By next day he had decided to join the Military too, but first he was going to Reesembool and study some more. With sensei's and Sienna's information he now had a theory.

A year later he arrived at Central and became a State Alchemist. Then he wasn't sure why he decided to do it, now he knew. In that year in Reesembool, an idea started going through his mind and haven't left since; what if Edward is really dead or worst, doesn't want to come back?.

Like it?.... Dislike it?.....Have some recomendations?..... REVIEW!!!!

A/N:
This chapter is just to clear Al's past, next one will be more exciting a lot more of Sienna's past and Ed is getting close to home. I want to thank Misstress Shadow my very first reviewer for her support.