Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me ❯ Beneath Twinkling Stars ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: What makes you think I could possibly own this? Just where are you getting your information? honestly!
 
Summary: Winry determined to find the Elric brothers, headed to Central. Life is definitely full of surprises, and she certainly didn't expect this one
 
 
Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me
Episode 18— Beneath Twinkling Stars
 
 
“I received it today.” Winry said, her face was tilted down and her eyes pointed towards a popular inventor's magazine on an article inside about washing machines that could clean clothes in half the time it took someone to do it by hand. What a fabulous invention, Winry wanted to take it apart and see what made it tick. She needed to get her hands on one somehow. They'd probably be pretty pricy right now though.
 
Roy glanced up from his plate of half eaten dinner, “Just in time for tomorrow night. It seems it was delivered right on schedule.”
 
Winry sat the magazine down on the table. “Your mother didn't have to go through all this trouble. Now I feel uncomfortable. It was so out of my price range.” About a month ago a seamstress knocked on her apartment door to take her measurements. It had turned out that Roy's mother had sent the best gown makers in all of the country to Winry for a fitting. Winry had tried to refuse and send the seamstress away but the woman was on strict orders and couldn't leave without the measurements.
 
“You shouldn't feel uncomfortable. She likes you and is doing what she thinks is best for you. If that includes buying you a priceless ball gown, then so be it.” Roy watched as Winry's face paled and she appeared horror stricken. “I bet you'll look amazing in it.”
 
Smiling lightly looking down at her empty plate, Winry didn't know what to think of a gift like this from his mother. What did his father think of this? Would the man think that it was a deception and that Winry was after money? She sure hoped not, because she needed charity from no one. She can take care of herself just fine. “It's just—”
 
“Don't question gifts, Winry. It's rude.” Roy stood up and grabbed his dishes from the table and took them into the kitchenette.
 
“And as if you're not one for behaving rudely, right?” She was sarcastic and amused all at the same time.
 
Roy crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the counter, “My rudeness is completely different and appropriate when used.” He said sounding very at ease.
 
Winry scoffed with slight laughter. “You're so full of it.” She got up and brought her dishes over to the sink and turned on the water, rinsing them off.
 
“Full of what? Good humor, extreme sexiness that makes you melt in my hand?” Roy wiggled his brow suggestively as was the tone in his voice.
 
Laughing and shaking her head, “No, full of crap.” She snickered and put some soap into a sink of hot water and with a cloth scrubbed her plate.
 
Roy reached over and squeezed her rear and she squealed and jumped. “Take it back… or I'll do that again.” He teased.
 
Laughing loudly, Winry sat her dish in the drainer. “Is that supposed to be your idea of a threat? My goodness, what shall I do?” she said sarcastically. And just like he promised or threatened, he reached over and squeezed her backside once more but this time making her laugh.
 
“I warned you.” Roy said calm and collected. “Still don't believe me? Do you need another demonstration?”
 
“Okay, okay.” Winry giggled, “You're not full of crap…you're full of shit!” And she jumped away from him.
 
Roy simply and smoothly turned in her direction. “Now that young lady calls for extra groping.” He rolled up his sleeves as if it were serious business and he was going to get down and dirty…which he was. A smirk lifted at the corner of his mouth as he went after her. She attempted to move out of his reach, but she wasn't fast enough. When Roy really wanted something it was easily obtained. She had just turned when he had pounced on her, grabbing her from behind, lifting her in the air and she kicked her legs out.
 
“Time to receive your sentencing… This court of one finds you guilty of trying to seduce and thereby grants this one member of the court anything he wants from the guilty party.” Roy said sounding completely serious but there was a slight hint of humor in his voice.
 
“I request an appeal.” She giggled.
 
“Hmm, request for appeal denied.” Roy carried her into his bedroom, where he sat down on the side of his bed and placed her on his lap facing away from him. “Now this seems familiar.” He grinned. That first incident with her seemed so long ago now. Roy rested his chin on her shoulder and looked forward, the mirror up against his wall showed his and Winry's reflection looking back.
 
He liked being with her like this, and it wasn't just sex either that he liked. It was being close and feeling like out of all the tragedy and horror of life, this was their moment to push it away, to just feel and be near. To lose himself in something that was good and not just a warm body to use for a little bit and then send away not knowing that he was tainted, or him not wanting some one night stand waiting around the next day, that was possibly the worst part. But this, with her…Winry knew, she understood him and there would be no one else to understand him as Winry did. She suffered because of him, and she gave him more than he felt he deserved and she still stays…for now. She doesn't give up or abandon or forget.
 
The words of murderer and hate don't fall from her lips anymore. Their tragedy is forever linked with one another and they are stuck together in a completely different plain of tragedy than others are. Sure the Elrics had tragedy too, but as much as they would want to or try they could never really understand Winry's pain as it was different than theirs. But Roy could, he does understand her.
 
Closing his eyes, he kissed the side of her neck and moved his lips over her shoulder. What was this feeling she gave him? It was something more than peace, something more than affection and care that she made him feel. Was it possible, could he be…? Roy's eyes snapped open and directed to her reflection. Winry's eyes were softly closed and appearing very content with a gentle smile on her perfect pink lips.
 
Lifting his hand he placed it over her heart, feeling it beat steadily. He'd like to think it would beat only for him, but he knew that was not true. He slipped his fingers down the front of her pale yellow shirt and caressing the swell of her breast and he could feel her heart started to race. Roy could think on such things as emotions later, right now he wanted to make her happy, to please her in so many ways. Roy squeezed her breast gently and Winry made a soft pleased sound. Placing his other hand on her thigh he caressed a path upward and between her thighs. His eyes were back on her reflection, watching himself touch her. His fingers were spreading and stroking the cotton of her panties against her femininity, and his blood started to boil at the sight before him.
 
His fingers moved down beneath her panties, touching her heated, wet flesh with sure fingers. Rubbing and thrusting them inside her. He watched her mouth gently fall open and the sound of enjoyment emerging. Heat staining her cheeks. In a rush, Roy pulled his fingers from between her thighs and put them in his mouth. His eyes closed as he sucked her liquid heat from his fingers and moaned at the taste that made him crave more.
 
Picking her up, Roy placed her on her back on the bed and she looked up at him at his sudden move. He lifted her skirt up high and gripped her panties, ripping them from her body and throwing them over his shoulder where they landed on the door handle. Getting on his knees and crawling towards her, he placed his hands on her thighs and pushed them apart where he grabbed her hand. Lifting his eyes to hers, he held her gaze intensely while pressing her own hand against her center. “Touch yourself.”
 
Winry blinked, her brow arching slightly as if the request was pointless and silly. It wasn't like she was alone and had to resort to those means. “Is…that what you want?” She asked unsure.
 
“Oh yes,” He slid her fingers up and down her slit and swallowed hard. “Do it.” He sounded firm but almost desperate.
 
“All right then.” Winry sat up a little more and spread her legs wider as Roy moved in closer his eyes riveted on her hand. She actually felt a little embarrassed doing this in front of him. She opened her fingers a little, curving her middle one slightly and gently rubbing up and down her opening, gradually picking up a little speed and then circled her finger around the little pearl of flesh where she rubbed a bit harder. She closed her eyes, letting her head fall back as liquid heat glistened. She pushed her finger into her core and thrust in and out, in and out, panting, her blood heating. A soft moan drifted from her parted lips as she continued to arouse herself.
 
She felt him grab her hand and her eyes snapped open and she lifted her head. Winry found him closer than he had been. About an inch away from between her legs, he brought her hand to his mouth and closed his lips around her fingers. Winry groaned feeling his tongue dance about her digits, a very pleased sound came from the man and she felt her chest tighten. She then pulled her fingers from his mouth and he looked at her.
 
“Again, do it again.” He demanded moving even closer waiting as she placed her hand back against her femininity, using more than just her middle finger this time as she had been wound up and heated. Roy bit his lower lip in frustration.
 
Quickly she rubbed herself, her fingers going between wet, slick folds, dipping in and out as she thrust her hips against her hand, cries of bliss falling from her lips. She barely felt Roy's hand on her thigh and him inching closer to her hand working herself over.
 
“Harder,” he nearly shouted thickly, and she seemed to comply. Her erotic noises got louder as did her breathing. Roy couldn't help the grin on his face watching and listening to her. “Ah fu--ck that's so…” His heart was pounding; he was so completely hot and hard. He stretched forward, entranced by Winry's motions. Her scent filled him, lulled and pulled him in. He was so close, so close! “Stop!” He grabbed Winry's hand again and pushed it away from herself, and shoved his face in between her thighs and she cried out as his mouth covering over her heated core and his tongue pressing and probing in between moist folds, moving rapidly in and out, licking, suckling, making her hotter, wetter. His tongue sliding up to flick against the small pearl of flesh there, making her writhe and shove her hips against his mouth. Roy gripped her hips, holding her down so he could have control and get at her better.
 
“Uh…uh, s…stop I'm gonna—” She grabbed hard at the blankets, holding with tight fingers. He didn't stop, no. And Winry whimpered and tossed her head back. Her vision blurred from the intense amount of pleasure wracking her body, her mind going on shut down as he continued to lap at her unyielding. The only sounds from Roy, was the very pleased hmms he was making, as if she were made of chocolate or some other sweet.
 
He wanted it, wanted all of it and wouldn't stop until… Winry cried out loudly as she stiffened and Roy was rewarded with the very essence of her that he had been wanting, craving. He moaned loudly as she filled his mouth as he lapped up as much as he could. She jolted and shifted again.
Quickly Roy lifted his head, looking at her. Did she realize how amazingly beautiful she was? She was staring up at the ceiling, her breasts heaving from her ascent. He removed his clothing as well as Winry's skirt that had been bunched and wrinkled around her waist and he slid up along her, making her feel every inch of his body pressing so exquisitely against hers. Roy hovered completely over her. Gripping the hem of her blouse he tugged it up, she sat up a little to assist him in taking it off as well as her bra.
 
Winry, since she was close enough, kissed him then. She tasted the flavor of herself still lingering on his tongue, his lips. She groaned as she felt his hardened length pressing inside her and then sliding slowly, inch by sweet inch, deep inside her. Winry pulled away from kissing him, her eyes closing in pleasure and her arms sliding around his neck while clinging hard to him as Roy pressed her down on her back.
 
He shifted his hips and Winry groaned. Roy loved these sounds, he loved the way she looked when he was arousing and being inside her, making her feel so good. His hands slid up her arms and he threaded his fingers them with hers, pressing her hands back against the bedding on either side of her head. He lifted up a little watching the heated expressions on her face while he continued to ground his hips into hers, she squeezed his hands tightly with each thrust into her.
 
“Oh…oh.” Her lips parting, she could feel him so entirely, so full inside her. He was moving slowly but his strokes were long, hard and deep and she felt her toes curling. Her hands tightened about his. “Uh… Roy… uh.” She tightened her lips together and then breathed in deeply through her nose.
 
“Hmm?” He stared down at her flushed face, her swollen lips as he took them with his own, licking at hers with his tongue and dipping in between as she opened to him.
 
“Let go,” She panted, “of my hands.”
 
Roy grinned, “No.” He held them tighter as he thrust into her beautiful body and she made another noise, and he drove a little faster into her and she gasped and moaned. “Wrap your legs around me.” He was also panting. “Do it, and I'll release your hands.” He nuzzled his nose against her neck and thrust hard into her making a loud noise of pleasure himself.
 
Her smooth legs wound around him, and Roy felt himself sink in even deeper into her heat. “Yes…that's so good.” He said in her ear making her squeak as he plunged into her. Releasing her hands, he felt them move up into his hair, up and down his back and he hummed in delight as she tightened her hold about him with all four limbs.
 
This was for her, this night he would please her so much that she would never want to let go. Winry was his, even when this would end. She would still be his. He would tell her so…that he never wanted to let her go because he had been caught by her. He didn't know how it happened or exactly when, but he, Roy Mustang was completely in love with Winry Rockbell and if anyone tried to take her away from him…they would suffer greater than they could possibly imagine, even if that person was Edward Elric.
 
****
 
It was a beautiful night.
 
Beneath twinkling stars of a cloud free sky, the guests started arriving at the beautiful Grand Reception Hall in Central's Upper East Side, where the Harvest Ball was being held. A beautiful red carpet with gold trim led up the wide stone steps of the Reception hall and leading in between wood and stained glass doors that stood two men in dark, fancy suits and hats who would take invitations.
 
Music filled the air. Inside, the room was a flutter of women in beautiful gowns and jewels, men in handsome dark and light suits. Members of the military were dressed in their finest dress uniforms of a rich navy blue, gold buttons and other finery. It was an option to wear either a dress suit or their dress uniform. Most female members of the military opted to wear instead of another uniform a beautiful gown. Even Riza Hawkeye decided to arrive in a lovely gown rather than a dress uniform.
 
Riza's gown was black velvet and strapless hugging her generous curves attractively. It wasn't too showy of a gown, but very classy. Her hair tonight was styled down in a swirl resting over one shoulder. Small dark studs fit in her ears. She did look really elegant. Beneath her gown she wore a gun holster with her gun strapped to her thigh. She was a woman that was always prepared.
 
Glancing around the room, Riza noticed Maes who was in a dress uniform standing with his wife Gracia who was looking quite lovely in a gown pale green that resembled jade. They were standing with the Colonel who was looking about the room of guests. Maes was talking to him and pointing out certain members of the military in high political standing. She walked over to them.
 
Waiters dressed in crisp red walked around carrying trays of the finest champagne, and hors d'oeuvres. This was truly an event to be commented on months after it was over.
 
The floor was filled with dancing couples, and groups of friends and associates talking and laughing.
 
 
Scieszka stepped out of the taxi. She lifted the hem of her violet princess styled gown, with thick straps that seemed to feather over her shoulders. Sparkles glittered from her heart shaped velvet bodice that seemed to enhance her bosom attractively. The skirt of her gown was made of a fine, soft silk. She had her hair pinned up on one side and held there with a matching violet flower hairpin. She looked very lovely and actually felt like a princess. She turned and waited for Winry who looked a little nervous.
 
Stepping out of the taxi, Winry stood there staring up in awe at the amazing building. Her gown was pearlescent white, picking up several different colors of pinks, purples, blues, depending on her angle or the way the light was shining on her. Her bodice was hugging her curves and the skirt flared out a tiny bit at her hips and hung down against her ankles. Thin spaghetti straps of stringed pearls went over her shoulders and crossed in the back. Her long blonde hair was swept up in a French twist and held there with several pearl tipped straight hairpins. A few lightly curled tendrils hung down against her neck and also framed her face.
 
The two of them walked up the steps and approached the doormen, where Scieszka presented them with her invitation.
 
“And this is my guest.” Scieszka said with a smile.
 
“Enjoy the evening, ladies.” The door man on the right replied with slight nod.
 
Scieszka and Winry went inside. They stared in awe at the beauty that surrounded them. A large chandelier of large and small crystals hung from the highest point in the room, bathing it in bright light. The orchestra was set up on a stage to the left down on the main floor. A staircase was just ahead of them.
 
“Wow.” said a familiar voice behind them.
 
“I second that wow.” said another.
 
Both Scieszka and Winry turned around to see Havoc and Fuery standing there with appreciative expressions.
 
“You girls look lovely.” Jean said with a smile.
 
Fuery cleared his throat. “They look like ladies tonight, Jean. No one would mistake them for just girls.” He said with a kind smile.
 
Smiling, Winry nodded with appreciation. “You two look rather nice yourselves.”
 
“You shouldn't flatter Jean too much, Winry.” Scieszka said with a smirk, “He'll get a big head.”
 
Winry laughed, “I don't think he'll do that. Will ya, Mr. Havoc?” She saw him shrug and she laughed.
 
Jean tugged proudly on his dress uniform coat. “Did you two just arrive? I just did.”
 
“I'm waiting for my date. She's in the Ladies Room.” Kain said proudly which had Havoc turn and face him in shock.
 
“When did you find a date?” Jean sighed, “You told me that you couldn't find one and that since we both couldn't we should just hang out together and try to romance some ladies there.”
 
Kain rubbed the back of his head nervously while laughing uncomfortably. “Yeah, well, I lucked out at the last minute.”
 
With Jean grumbling, he crossed his arms over his chest. This was no time to be pouting! He was sure to find a lovely single woman here. He turned to the girls. “How about I escort you ladies into the ball?” He asked with a gentlemanly bow.
 
“Uh…” Winry thought it was very sweet, but Scieszka answered for her.
 
“That would be very nice.” Scieszka said with a smile. She had wanted to come with Vato Falman, but even that man had a date. She had brought it up casually to him asking if he was even going. And he said he was ant that he had a date, a pretty girl too! How was that possible? The man doesn't seem to attract many women because he's…so well… boring wasn't the right word, because Scieszka never thought he was boring. She had always tried her hardest to get the man's attention. She even went as far as to loudly brag about her date with Travin Walker but that dang Falman didn't even so much as flinch or look in her direction. Was he that oblivious to her feelings!?
 
Both the girls looped their arms around Havoc's as he offered them, and they descended the stairs together.
 
Jean looked proudly as he held the arms of two lovely ladies, several couples turned and looked at him and he could tell they started gossiping quietly amongst themselves. Maybe this would get him noticed! Finally, it wouldn't just be all the Colonel! He'd finally have—
 
“Couldn't get a date, eh, Havoc?” Breda said with loud laughter. “So had to resort to the Bookworm and… Elric's girl, eh?” He laughed harder, making Havoc's face turn red in anger as well as embarrassment.
 
Winry's eyes narrowed. “So who are you here with, Mr. Breda?” She asked and he just stared blankly at her. “That's what I thought.”
 
“Ha-ha, you're pretty feisty, Miss Rockbell.” Breda said with a grin. “Of course you probably have to be, to put up with Elric.” He snickered.
 
“Oh quiet you, what do you know?” Jean started talking to his friend who often teased him to know end. “I walked in with two ladies while I see you have none.” He smirked. “Beat that…”
 
Brenda snickered, “Don't ya know it/s not who you come in with, it's who you leave with? I bet you won't leave with either one of these ladies.”
 
“All right, you're on! I'll bet you a week's wages that I'll leave with at least one lady tonight, and it won't necessarily be either one of these.” He gestured to Winry and Scieszka.
 
Rolling her eyes, Scieszka grabbed Winry's arm and started dragging her away. “Those two can get so annoying.” She said.
 
They stopped to talk to another couple that Scieszka knew.
 
Feeling like someone was watching her, Winry turned her head and scanned the crowd. She felt her cheeks heat at the fact that it was Roy who was looking right at her from the other side of the room. How did she manage to find him in all these people, of course how did he manage to find her?
 
“Ooh! There's Lieutenant Colonel Hughes with his wife Gracia, and Lieutenant Hawkeye who actually looks feminine and pretty! Oh my goodness I wouldn't have recognized her at all. Colonel Mustang is there as well.” Scieszka sounded sly looking over at her Winry whose face gave away nothing to what the girl could possibly be feeling. “There's also Falman, too.” At that name she sounded a little shy and Winry turned to her, looking at her with both her blonde brows arched. “What, Winry?” She could feel heat rising to her cheeks at that very look she was getting from her friend.
 
Winry giggled, “oh…nothing.” `It sounds like someone has a crush.' She snickered quietly to herself.
 
“Oh come on.” Scieszka was smiling as she dragged Winry over to the very people she just mentioned. “Good evening.”
 
Maes turned around at the greeting and recognizing the woman's voice. “Good evening, ladies. Don't you two look nice,” He said with praise. “Are you enjoying yourselves?”
 
“I am.” Scieszka said with a smile, looking over at Falman who had a pretty red head on his arm. `Oh…' she thought with disappointment but kept a bright smile on her face.
 
“It's all right.” Winry replied. “I'm usually not one to go to these kindsa things.” She purposely kept her eyes off of Roy who was across from her. She really wanted to look at him more. From across the room he had looked so nice and perfect here amongst all these fancy people.
 
“Have you had a dance partner yet?” Gracia asked Winry.
 
Winry shook her head, “No, but that's okay. I might trip and embarrass myself.” She said uncomfortable. She couldn't help it, her eyes had minds of their own and drifted over to Roy, who had been looking at her but quickly averted his eyes to the right.
 
“What do you think Edward would do if he saw you looking so nice?” Maes asked Winry and the girl laughed.
 
“He probably wouldn't notice.” Winry said with a laugh. “Or if he did, he'd probably wonder where the real me went. Not that I care what he says about how I look.”
 
Winry looked towards the floor, taking a deep breath. Her eyes widened slightly at the sound of someone coming towards them. Looking up she found a fine looking slightly older gentleman and on his arm was a woman that made Winry cringe openly and then her eyes narrowed bitterly.
 
“Are you enjoying this fine evening?” The man said, his voice was very deep. His hair was cut short and stylish and parted on the side. There were a few lines of age in his attractive face. Winry figured the man was in his late thirties or possibly early forties.
 
Maes cleared his throat and gestured to the man. “This is Major General Kristoff Houser. He's one of the right hands of Fuehrer Bradley himself.” He said looking pointedly at Roy, whose eyes narrowed in thought before turning towards the man and saluting.
 
“It's an honor to finally meet you, Major General Houser.” Roy said in his formal salute.
 
Houser waved it off with a smile. “No need for formalities here, this is a party.” He looked at the stars and stripes on the young man's dress uniform. “Colonel. Everyone.” Gesturing to the lady on his arm with his left hand, he said. “This is my escort, Aurora Walker.”
 
“We've met.” Roy said flatly.
 
Aurora smiled beautifully, “It is quite a privilege to be around you fine people and on such a beautiful night.” She reached up and lightly touched her form fitting silk bodice that wrapped around her breasts.
 
Winry felt sick, but she looked up at the Major General and pointed with a grin. “Automail!” She felt everyone turn towards her and she felt her cheeks heat.
 
Houser's brow arched in amusement. “I beg your pardon, Miss?”
 
Clearing her throat uncomfortably, “Sorry, I didn't mean to point.” She lowered her hand, “But you have Automail.”
 
The older man was impressed, “How do you know?” Houser looked at the young woman in awe.
 
Winry smiled prettily, “I can hear it and the subtle difference in the way you walk is a sure fire indication that you are using Automail.” She put her fingers to her chin and popped out her hip in concentration. “Both of your legs, sir.”
 
“My dear, you are absolutely correct.” Houser replied. He dropped Aurora's arm and took the few steps towards the young blonde girl. “Tell me, what is your name and how do you know this?”
 
“I'm Winry Rockbell. I've been around Automail my entire life and I make it too.”
 
Houser laughed, “Ah! No wonder you know it so well. To be able to notice it so quickly like that. It's an amazing talent you have.” He reached out and grabbed her hand. “Come, you must share a dance with me.” And before the girl had time to protest he had dragged her towards the dance floor. Aurora pouted and turned away, heading to the bar.
 
Hawkeye excused herself to the Ladies Room and Gracia went with her, and that left Maes and Roy alone since Scieszka went off to pout somewhere as Falman had taken to the dance floor with his date.
 
Maes and Roy were keeping a firm watch on Houser and Winry on the floor, the man was a little rough in his movements and it seemed like Winry was tossed about haphazardly about the floor, at times she looked nervous.
 
“I feel a tad sorry for the Rockbell girl.” Roy said, his eyes narrowing harshly on Houser. His fist curled tightly at his side in extreme irritation. “Look at how stiff and rough Houser moves.”
 
Maes snickered, “One of us should go rescue her. It should probably be me.” He crossed his arms over his chest.
 
“You shouldn't trouble yourself, Maes. I can do it.” Roy said after a brief pause, and the other man turned to him.
 
This would be an opportunity for a chance for Roy to become Winry's friend. “You know, Roy. That sounds like a fine idea. Riza has some crazy ideas lately and the stuff she's been saying.” He laughed lightly. “Quite frankly it's ridiculous.”
 
“Really, and what has Hawkeye been saying?” Roy said, keeping his eyes firmly on Winry, but wanting to know exactly what has been being said. Winry looked absolutely breathtaking that it was hard to keep his eyes off of her. He couldn't bring any attention to himself over her, but this was a ball and there would really be no harm in spending a little bit of time with her in front of people, at least on the dance floor. Perhaps he could have her meet him out back, some where private where he could give her the proper attention she really deserves.
 
“Riza has some crazy idea that you are behaving inappropriately with Winry.” Maes shook his head in disbelief. “Ridiculous isn't it? You two haven't even spent a lot of time in each other's presence.”
 
Roy snorted lightly, but never really answered. Maes must have taken that as a laugh at how ridiculous the idea sounded. That woman was a lot more observant than she let on. He'd have to be on alert around her a lot more.
 
“You'd never do anything low like that, Roy, would ya? I can't see you taking advantage of a young girl waiting for her friends. ” Maes turned an amused grin to his friend. “There are plenty of other ladies out there for you and won't make you feel guilty every time you glance at her. She's far too young for you that it would be frowned upon by most people of society. And besides, she'd never go for—”
 
“Yes, you've made your point, Maes. There's no need to go into it further.” Roy replied, cutting him off quickly before the man said too much and tried to back him into a corner of confessions. Which would never happen, Roy was much too clever to fall for something like that.
 
Maes clapped Roy on the shoulder, “You should ask Winry to dance. I think she could use a more elegant partner. And you two might be able to be friends the more time you spend around one another. This would be a good opportunity to talk to her a little.”
 
“Indeed.” Roy walked away from Maes and towards Winry and Houser. `If that ass doesn't get his hands off her right now…' he threatened quietly to himself approaching the pair.
 
The dance had come to an end and a new melody started playing. Roy could see Houser asking Winry for another one. Never! He calmly approached them and Winry saw him over Houser's shoulder and her eyes widened slightly. Tapping the man on the shoulder, Roy cleared his throat. “Might I have this dance with the young lady?”
 
Houser nodded once and dropped Winry's hand and stepped away from her, “By all means.” He bowed once to Winry and turned and walked away.
 
Roy with a slight smile on his face, very elegantly bowed to Winry. He saw heat brush her cheeks. “May I?”
 
Winry felt her heart start to race just a little bit more, and she gave a quick nod and she was instantly in his arms, taking her proper frame. His hand around her waist squeezed lightly. “Are you sure this is all right? What if someone sees?” She asked quietly.
 
“This is a dance, Winry. Everyone regardless of age or station can dance with anyone. It's in the rules.” He said smoothly as he twirled her about the dance floor. Winry's smile was making him feel much better now. He hated seeing that other man with her and touching her. It had made him see violent red. “So, am I a much better partner than that idiot?”
 
Winry laughed and nodded. “Oh yes.”
 
He twirled her out and then smoothly pulled her back into him. “Don't laugh and smile too much, or others will think you're having a good time with me.” Roy said with barely a smile.
 
Sure it might not be expressed outwardly that he was enjoying this, but Winry could see it in his eyes. She gasped as she felt his hand move down and rest on her tailbone rather close to where he shouldn't be touching in public. “Roy.” She said warningly.
 
He laughed quietly and moved his hand back up into much safer territory. “No one's watching.” Roy looked up for a moment at all the guests as pulled her just a little bit closer and no one was paying attention. Not even Hawkeye who was engaged in conversation with Falman, the man's date and Gracia.
 
“This is one of the times that I wished that you were just a little bit older.” Roy said with slight disappointment. “I wouldn't have to hide how much I enjoy how elegant and lovely you look.”
 
Winry smiled glancing over his shoulder as they seemed to move in perfect sync about the dance floor. She was actually glad she got those brief lessons now, even if she might end up stepping on a toe or two before the night is over.
 
Taking a look at all the open Terrace doors, Roy let out a frustrated breath. “Don't look, but in fifteen minutes leave through the last set of open doors on the right side of the Hall. I want to spend some private time with you.”
 
“Are you sure that's a smart thing to do? So many people, it's a big risk.” Winry swallowed hard as he twirled her around and she caught glimpse of where he wanted her to go.
 
He smiled so light that it was barely noticeable if one wasn't watching him for it. “I'm willing to risk it.”
 
Winry's pulse raced even faster and it felt as if her heart was hammering hard against her breast, wanting to burst out. “All right.”
 
“That's the girl we were telling you about.” Aurora said to Houser, who was at the bar watching Rockbell.
 
Houser nodded, “And how old did you say she was?”
 
Aurora smirked, “Fifteen, why, you surprised?”
 
With a short laugh, Houser rested his hip against the bar. “Not at all, in fact, I rather like the idea.”
 
Taking a relaxing breath, Aurora headed away from him and approached Lieutenant Hawkeye, saying one simple phrase, “I'd stick close to them if I were you.” She kept on walking, slowly.
 
Riza stiffened, “Who?”
 
“You know who.” Aurora's tone was sneaky as she continued on her way towards the Ladies Room.
 
Turning around, Riza wondered what that woman was getting at. Her eyes fell on the Colonel and Miss Rockbell who were on the dance floor and her eyes narrowed. Could she be talking about them? She had to be. Who else could it be? The suspicions crawling back into her mind. What was going on between those two, what did that Aurora Walker know?
 
The dance ended and Roy and Winry separated.
 
Winry approached the bar and the bartender looked up. “Could I get a lime and soda-water, please?”
 
“No problem, Miss.” The bartender started making up her order.
 
Looking over at Houser, Winry nodded a hello and the man walked over. “Thanks for the dance earlier, that was nice of you.”
 
“Well, Miss Rockbell. I had wanted to talk to you. You seem to know quite a lot about Automail. I've been using it for the past fifteen years.” Houser leaned forward and rested his arms on the bar.
 
“Have you had much maintenance done?” Winry asked, while looking up into his gray eyes
 
He shook his head, “No, I keep it in pretty good condition. But I could use a brand new set. This stuff I notice is getting really old compared to what I see nowadays. I hear you're only fifteen and a prodigy.”
 
Winry laughed uncomfortably. “Well I wouldn't necessarily say that. Although, I am pretty good almost the best in the whole country. I guess it helps when you really like what you're doing because you're always testing and working on making it better.” She looked up as the bartender handed her, her drink. “It was nice talking to you again, Sir.” And she bowed her head lightly in respect and walked away.
 
Scieszka had searched everywhere for Winry and decided to poke about outside. She found her a bit away from the door, leaning on the beautiful marble sculpted railing and looking up at the twinkling stars. “Winry?”
 
She smiled at Scieszka's voice. “Yeah, what is it?”
 
Stepping up beside her, Scieszka also leaned on the railing, folding her hands she glanced down at them. “I have something to tell…to ask you, and I would like an honest answer.” She tilted her head slightly, before looking at her, finding Winry's profile; the girl's brow was crinkled. “I've known something for some time now, a…at least a month. I have to know, Winry…” She sighed, closing her eyes. “Are you in love with Colonel Mustang?”
 
Winry turned sharply, her blue eyes wide and her mouth dropping open in shock. “W…what?” Her heart thundered.
 
Scieszka smiled lightly, “I saw you and him together once, and I didn't do anything to get in the way because you are my friend. And you seemed so happy; I've never seen you like this. Tonight, I was watching you two on the dance floor and I just got this feeling that you two are…really close and not just friends or having a torrid love affair. They way you look at eachother is different and… So please tell me, are you in love with him?”
 
She leaned forward and placed her forehead on her hands. Winry couldn't believe it. Scieszka had seen them? She knew and didn't say anything? She kept their secret. If it would have been anyone else, there's no doubt it would have been made public immediately. “Scieszka…” Winry swallowed hard, it felt like her throat was closing up. “Of…of course I don't…I mean…how could I? He's…and I'm…and we… Oh, I don't know.” She groaned. “God, Scieszka, I don't know.” She cried squeezing her eyes tightly.
 
Her light smile grew into an affectionate bigger one, and Scieszka looked out at the stars. “It's okay if you do. I know you don't want to let your feelings go and admit that perhaps there is something more there.”
 
“I didn't plan on this, Scieszka, I really didn't.” Winry shook her head wildly back and forth. “One day it was like I hated him and now…I know it's not hate. I don't know if I ever really did hate him. I was just so angry and bitter, looking for someone to blame…and I found the one I thought was responsible for my suffering. But the more time I spent with him…the more I realized that it wasn't him that was to blame. I started to like him for who he is, tainted man inside and all that goes with it. His arrogance, conceit, tragedy, sorrow, his kindness and affection…there are so many different sides to him that no one ever sees because he doesn't show it.”
 
`He's obviously shown you.' “Winry, my dear friend,” Scieszka slipped her arm around Winry's shoulders. “You got to know him, didn't you?”
 
Winry nodded, “So much.”
 
“Winry, I am here to help you the best I can.” Scieszka stared at her fingers. “I am going to keep your secret, because I believe in you. If I didn't think he was good to you I'd blow the whistle on him. He's been known to flop from woman to woman. But he hasn't so much as looked in another woman's direction for quite awhile, and now I know why. Think about what he could possibly mean to you. You owe it to yourself to figure out the truth of your own heart.” She squeezed her friend against her, before letting Winry loose and turned and walked away, back inside to let her think.
 
Winry stared downwards, at the concrete below thinking about what Scieszka had said. She heard something tap the stone next to her and she turned her head in that direction. She straightened up immediately at seeing Roy standing there in the darkened shadows of the Reception Hall. He gestured towards his direction with a slight nod of his head and he walked further out of sight. He must have thrown something to get her attention.
 
She followed after him.
 
This was a nice little corner, the music she could hear it coming from inside as it lightly fluttered out around her. “Roy?” She whispered. “Are you…?”
 
“Here.” He said, appearing right beside her.
 
She turned quickly and almost crashed into his warm body, his arms were instantly around her and she was pulled tightly against him. Winry felt his lips on her cheek and the side of her head and she tilted her head up, her eyes finding his in the dark, only the stars and the moon above provided the breathtaking light that seemed to make this moment utterly perfect as if it were only for them.
 
The soft music was pretty and slow, a really romantic piece.
 
“This is a nice melody, so how about a private dance?” He asked her quietly.
 
Winry smiled, “There's not a lot of room here,” she replied.
 
“Not that kind of dance. This kind…” He wrapped one arm around her waist and held her against him. His other hand cupped around hers where he pulled her arm up against his chest. “Now, just sway a little, move your feet from side to side.” Roy held her close and she started moving unsure, so he moved with her. “There, that's it. Nice.” He pressed his chin against her temple and closed his eyes, breathing in the scent of her and memorizing every inch of her pressed so wonderfully against him. He enjoyed this too much and she meant everything to him. When did that happen? He never thought that something like this possible, that he would lose his heart to this young lady swaying in his arms. He didn't want this to end, he wanted to hold her close like this and never let go.
 
She pressed closer to him, losing herself in this beautiful feeling. She lifted her head and he tilted his downward, staring into her eyes. Did she… `Do I love him?' Winry closed her eyes, burying her face into his chest. He smelled so good, and he felt so wonderful. Had she really lost her heart to this man? Was she really afraid of what she could possibly feel? Her heart pounded as she thought more and more about this. She had seen who he really was and not always the confident mask that he exudes. She wanted to be here, she wanted to stay with him. She could have left when she knew where Ed and Al were, but no, she chose to stay. It made her happy to stay. She felt joy and rapture whenever she was beside him, even if it was just sitting and talking, or accidentally meeting up in public during the day where all that would pass between each other were fond looks and hidden smiles behind pretty eyes. She worried over his safety and she didn't need to do any of this…but it was what she wanted to do. `I'm sorry, Ed…but I think I do. No, I know I am in love with him. I love Roy Mustang.'
 
Winry stared up into his obsidian eyes, so beautiful and so intensely staring into her own. Roy leaned closer, pressing his lips to hers in a soft feathering kiss. `Yes, yes I do!'
 
======
Well that's it for this chapter/episode. I hoped you all liked it and that it was lovely and romantic. It was so sweet!
 
Thanks for reading!
Ryoko Blue