Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Looking fear in the face ❯ Relization ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It's been a while since I wrote a FullMetal Alchemist story, and I really haven't read a story that focuses on Winry in this light. It's not an Oscar winning story, or at least I think so, but it's pretty okay. So, here it goes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
`I can't believe it. Here I am, staring at the man who killed my parents.' Winry thought to herself as she felt her throat dry up. There before her, was Roy Mustang and his assistant Riza Hawkeye. Edward, who stood beside her, put his arm on her shoulder ”Winry , say hello.” He whispered to her in a type of worried voice. As if mechanical, she forced the sound out her throat .”Hello.” It came out hoarse. Her grandma Pinako made up for what she didn't say. ”Please, take a seat.”
 
Edward led Winry into the kitchen hurriedly as Alphonse and Pinako made conversation in the living room. ”What's wrong with you?” He asked grasping her left arm in his hand. Winry didn't answer. Instead, she let two tears roll down her face. Ed's eyes widened with shock. ”You know.” Was all he could say. Winry nodded , dropping tears on the floor. Edward put Winry in his embrace, surprising her. ”I'm sorry. I didn't wanna tell you. I just couldn't.” His automail pressed against her, yet she didn't feel pain. Winry sniffed a little. ”I know Ed. You just wanted to protect me.”
 
The way she found out was ironic. She had just found out about Maes Hughes death, and went to the house to see Mrs. Hughes and Alicia. Winry was going through a box of his old books and found his journal. She asked Mrs. Hughes if she could see it, and she said it was alright, making the comment that it might have some alchemic use to Edward and Alphonse. So she read it on the way home. And found what Winry thought to be the mystery of her life.
 
The date was marred, so she couldn't tell when it was written. But the message was clear. ”Today Roy called me from Ishbal ” Hughes had written ”saying he did something terrible. That he killed two doctors today. They were no threat to them, but they helped the Ishbal people. He saw something with the name Rockbell on it and figured it was their last name. He was so distraught—“
 
Winry couldn't read anymore. Tears rolled down her eyes as short, gasping noises came from her mouth. The driver immediately stopped to see what was wrong, but she wouldn't stop crying. When she got home, she ran into her room, locked the door, and cried, pushing her face into her pillow to smother the sound. Somehow, it hurt more to find out who killed her parents than the fact that her parents were dead.
 
Edward looked into Winry's misty eyes. “You don't have to go back out there.” He said softly, brushing a few strands of hair out of her face.” No, I'll go .”She answered, wiping the left over tears out of her face. She had to face that man. Needed to face him. If not just to look in his eyes and see if they were cold or not.
 
“Brother! Winry! Is everything alright?” Alphonse asked, oblivious to the problem. Winry, whose face was now clear as well as here eyes, smiled at Al. ”Ya. Ed just had to help me find some sore throat medicine.” Ed glanced over at Winry, who stood by the couch he had sat down on. She looked like she was glowing.” Good. Your voice sounded terrible.” Pinako commented, adjusting her glasses on her nose. Den sat on side of the couch facing Roy and Riza, who looked confused. Edward then decided to get to the heart of the matter. ”So, why are you here?” He asked bluntly. Riza answered without missing a beat. “We wanted to see what this town was like, seeing how you and Alphonse enjoy it.” Her authorative tone took the boys by surprise, as well as the Rockbells. “And?” Pinako questioned, at bay from Riza's open statement.” And we would like to stay here for a while, if you don't mind.” Roy's voice hit Winry like a bee sting, and the words hit her like a fright train.
 
 
Did it suck? You can tell me , I won't be mad. ^_^ But seriously, tell me if you liked it or not.