Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Snowy Mountain Correctional Center ❯ Kimblee ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Snowy Mountain Correctional Center - Kimblee

Kimblee stared blankly at the wall across from him, mind full of thoughts as always. Often, he thought of the same things over and over again. Ishval for momentary bliss. The inmates he were forced to meet, for a good laugh at how incredibly stupid they were. What dog food would they be serving in the cafeteria, for a sense of true mystery. Why does frostbite burn if it's from being in the cold? Things as such to keep him occupied, because god knows he wouldn't waste his energy trying to talk to one of the primitive minds surrounding him. That, however, was in his old prison, in Central prison. Not much has really changed, he still wont talk to the others unless it benefits him, still thinking about stupid things to keep his mind occupied. One thing has changed though. Kimblee had the worst sinking feeling that his preferred cell alone, wouldn't be like that much longer.

To begin, he was only in this prison because it was more secure than Central, and because his one too many escape attempts. It was new as well, finished maybe two years ago. Escape itself would be like walking through a maze filled to the brim with weapons, you yourself being defenseless. However, if you did manage an escape, you wouldn't be walking out into some nice, warm air. You would be walking out into a blizzard, most likely. Considering you were not given snow clothes, just light jackets and thin blankets, escape would equal you freezing to death. Whoever's idea it was to build the prison were quite smart, building thick concrete walls that froze just as much as metal did in this weather. From what Kimblee had heard, they were only about five to ten miles away from the Northern Wall of Briggs.

Only twenty two days had passed since his transfer, but nearly half of that time, all he had been hearing about was some 'new inmate'. Though, it apparently wasn't just some new inmate, since the tone this person was spoken about in was nervous. Scared, even. As much as Kimblee hated having the only conversations he could hear be about this inmate, he was also intrigued by the bits and pieces of information he would hear. The inmate, a he, was very strong, apparently a considerable foe in hand-to-hand combat. The alchemy the guy used was on a whole 'nother level, which destroyed a person from the inside out. That sort of alchemy didn't ring a bell in Kimblee's mind, so he crossed out any alchemists he knew during the war. Speaking of, this man had killed someone he did know during the war, ol' Iron Blood Alchemist. Kimblee found it greatly amusing that, someone considered unbeatable, was beaten by an unknown criminal.

What did him losing his cell have to do with this new inmate? Well, the 'law' of the prison was; you were not given a cellmate unless they equaled your strength and/or power, therefore meaning, Kimblee would most likely be sharing his cell with this man, since they both harnessed the power to destroy. Kimblee smirked as he thought of the inmate, slightly admiring him. The guy had killed eleven people, and they only found out what he looked like when they followed him into the sewers! This inmate was the kind of guy who didn't let anyway get in his way, and Kimblee already liked that much about him.

"Did.. anything else?" said a guard. Kimblee perked up, smiling maliciously as he crept over to the cold steel door that separated his cell from the guards.

"Yeah actually. Funniest thing I heard about it was he fell asleep on the train." The other guard said, who Kimblee unconsciously labeled 'Guard Two'.

"Really? Guy must not care then, usually when these delinquents are brought here, they try to put up a fight! Come on though, tell me real info." Kimblee glared through the door at the insult from Guard One. No way in hell was he like any of the morons in this prison. The only thing that he had in common with them was that he was in prison! Shaking off the comment, he continued to listen, leaning against the freezing door.

"In the interrogation, he was mysterious to the max. Said he didn't have a name. Didn't specify the tattoos on his arm. Barley even talked, besides his reason for killing those military guys." Guard Two said. Kimblee was intrigued. Didn't have a name? How does one just drop their name?

"Since he didn't clarify his name" Guard Two continued. ", they call him Scar. Doubt he was too keen of that name, but I guess he doesn't really get a choice."

Guard One chuckled. "Yeah, he probably wasn't. Did we hear anything else about Scar from Central though? Family? Accomplices? Where he's from?" Guard Two made what sounded like a grunt, Kimblee assumed it was to confirm that yes, they had heard more.

"Yeah. I nearly flipped when I heard this from Colonel Mustang, but apparently Scar is an Ishvalan survivor. His reasoning for the killings are because he insists on getting revenge for Amestris slaughtering his people." Guard Two said nonchalantly, as though it didn't matter. Kimblee, however, was through the roof. So this Scar was Ishvalan? An Ishvalan survivor, nonetheless!

Kimblee practically bounced up from the floor, whipping around to face the door, eyes barley meeting the rectangle hole at the top of the door. "Ishvalan you say?" he said, his eyes wide with the excitement he was feeling. "Would this 'Scar' be happening to share a cell with me? I cannot wait to meet him! What else is there to know about him! What region in Ishval is he from! I must know!" Kimblee rambled, the grin on his face only widening, as it had never left in the first place.

The tension that had crept into the air was near suffocating. From the guards realizing that Kimblee had most likely been listening to all their conversations, and from Kimblee, who waited for a response with narrowed eyes. Eventually, he did get a response.

"What..?" Guard Two said, completely dumbfounded. Kimblee sighed in frustration.

"Scar! The Ishvalan coming to the prison! Tell me about him!" he demanded, before realizing his fatal mistake. It was lights out. To his own dismay, what happened next he knew all too well. The freezing room, which, it's title was quite literal. It was a small, but freezing room on the edge of the prison. Though, he didn't really consider it an actual room though. It was three thin metal walls, where the fourth would be was an opening, facing out towards North City. It was also used as a garage half the time, so guaranteed if you were going in there, you would probably be forced to press your back against the subzero temperature of the car, shirtless nonetheless.

The door to his cell was shortly after swung open. Being the expected asshole he was, Kimblee held his arms out to be dragged to the room.



__________________________________________________ ________________________

As Kimblee sat in the freezing room, freezing, a car pulled in. Usually cars didn't pull in so early, as he expected it to be near three or four in the morning. The prisoners would have been forced to wake up at five anyway, so he didn't see why it was so much of a deal he was up early. The car parked near the door reentering the prison, and turned off completely. The driver door flew open, and out walked someone he never expected to see in the north, Colonel Roy Mustang, followed by Alex Louis Armstong, the man who had wimped out in the war. The man he used to pester endlessly.

"Nice seeing you again, Co-" Kimblee called out, but was quickly cut off by a kick to the side from his guards. Roy looked momentarily surprised before glaring, gesturing for the guards around Kimblee to turn him around. They obeyed, tightly grabbing his shoulders and facing him towards the right wall. That didn't really stop him, though. Assuming that Roy and Alex were escorting this so called 'Scar', he was dying to see if he recognized this Ishvalan, even just a little bit.

A car door opened, then slammed closed shortly after. Kimblee heard Mustang mutter something like 'Let's go', which he was met with silence. Kimblee quickly whipped around, just far enough to see the criminal's face as he turned to walk towards the prison. He was taken aback. Kimblee remembered clearly hearing that this guy was tall, but all hell he could easily have stood at six four. Just as he was being kneed in the rib cage, presumably for turning back around, out of the corner of his eye he saw the inmate looking in his direction before being pushed inside.

If it were true, if he were sharing a cell with this Ishvalan, then he would be up for an exciting ride.