Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Freedom Comes at a Price ❯ ~Fated Meeting~ ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(A/N: Okay, I've been looking for a way to crossover these two for the longest time now, and I think this way will work. ^_^. Also, it may seem like Hoto/Nuri at first, but it will soon change to Tas/Nuri. There may be other couples eventually, but that's all that I've planned for now. Enjoy!)
(Warnings: angst, shonen ai, (Tas/Nuri and a bit of one sided Hoto/Nuri at the beginning) maybe more couples later)
Freedom Comes at a Price (part 1)
~Fated Meeting~

by: AniDragon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chou Ryuuen splashed some cold water on his face and looked in the mirror. There he was, seventeen years old, at the beginning of his senior year at Sunrise High School, and completely alone. He knew it was going to be hard to make friends when he first moved to Kyoto, but this was ridiculous! He had been here for three months, and hardly anyone had spoken to him! He missed his friends from Tokyo dearly, especially Saihitei... A smile touched his lips at the thought of the of the older boy. He had been in love with him for years, but of course the other had never noticed. Ryuuen hoped he was happy with his new girlfriend, whom he'd heard about in his letters. What was her name again? Houki?
With a sigh, he wiped his face with a paper towel and slowly walked out of the bathroom, making his way to his math class. He heard a snicker as he walked out of the bathroom and clenched his teeth together, knowing what was coming. Out of the corner of his eyes, he could see two boys who were probably jigging their classes, pointing at him a laughing.
"Hey, did you hear the rumors about the new guy?" One of them whispered, not at all discreet.
"Yeah, I hear he's a fag, and that he has a boyfriend back home." Another snicker.
Ryuuen clenched his fist and began to walk faster. Not watching where he was going, he bumped right into someone, and both of them tumbled to the ground.
"Gomen nasai!" He quickly stuttered, helping up the red headed boy he had knocked down, "I should have been watching were I was going."
The boy smiled at him, "Don't worry about it," Suddenly, the boy's amber eyes glanced behind him at the two boys who had been making fun of Ryuuen earlier, "Hm. Now I know why you were in a hurry to get away. Those two are really a couple of ignorant jerks."
Ryuuen smiled, letting a small laugh pass his lips, "I'm used to it. You know, being gay and all."
"Hmph. That's no reason to take that kind of abuse. I never let them bug me because of that."
Ryuuen looked at him in shock, "You mean you're..."
The boy blushed a bit, "Um, yeah... Anyway, like I said, don't let them bother you. You don't deserve to get bashed by them."
The purple haired boy smiled, "Thank you. Anyway, I should be getting to class. The teacher must be wondering why I was at the bathroom for so long."
The redhead laughed, "Yeah, that's a good point," He started walking away, but then turned back around, "Oh yeah. My name's Shun'u, but... you can call me Genrou."
Ryuuen smiled, "I'm Ryuuen."
Genrou smiled back at him and walked off. Ryuuen blushed and headed back towards his class.

**********

"Ne, imouto-chan, you have no idea how cute he is! And he's so nice, too!"
Kourin laughed at her older brother's freaking out. Still, she was glad he was finally making friends. Or at least crushes....
"You know, his name rings a bell. I think he's part of the Sharing," The Sharing was a club Kourin had joined about a month ago, "He's a full member, but he hangs out with us new members a lot. He's really nice. You said he had red hair?"
Ryuuen nodded.
"Must be him then. You know, you should come to the meeting tonight. He's almost always there."
Ryuuen thought about this for a few seconds. He had considered joining the Sharing a few times, but a bad feeling had always held him back. The feeling was still there, but still, if he could see Genrou again, it shouldn't hurt to go to just one meeting...
"You know what? Why not?" He answered with a smile.
"Great!" Kourin cheered, "I was wondering how long it would take for me to convince you to come!" She laughed and winked at him, "I should have known it would take a cute guy!"
Ryuuen stuck out his tongue at her, "Anyway, when does the meeting start?"
Kourin checked the clock, "In about half an hour. Actually, we should probably leave right now."

**********

Ryuuen sat down on one of the couches and sighed contentedly, "You know, you were right! This place is nice!"
"Told ya!" Kourin said, sitting next to him, "People here are really social. Even those who are kinda mean in school are nice when they're here. I guess it's just the atmosphere of the place, or something..."
"Yeah..." He murmured, scanning the room with his eyes. He wasn't lying, he did feel very welcomed and at home at the Sharing, but still, he was looking for the reason he came here.
Yet, oddly enough, the 'reason' found him instead, "Well, what do you know?"
Ryuuen turned around at the sound of the voice to face the smiling red head who stood behind him, "Genrou-kun!"
Genrou laughed and sat on the back of the couch, "I knew you looked familiar when I saw you, but I couldn't quite place ya. You must be Kourin's brother, am I right? The two of you are definitely related."
Ryuuen smiled, "Yeah, I'm her brother. She told me a lot about you."
"All right Kourin, spit it out, what kind of crazy things did you tell him?"
Kourin pouted, "I didn't say any crazy things, I just mentioned that you were really nice."
"Oh really? That all?" He laughed, "Oh yeah, while I'm thinking about it, Hiiragizawa-sensei told me to mention to you that you've been accepted to become a full member!"
Kourin's face beamed, "You mean it?"
Genrou ruffled her hair, "Yep! He wants you to make sure to come tomorrow afternoon around 6, and he'll tell you the details."
Kourin's smile widened, "That's great!" She turned to Ryuuen, "I'll be right back, I'm just gonna go spread the news to some friends of mine, k?"
"All right," The purple haired boy answered, nodding. Once she was gone, he turned to Genrou, "Is becoming a full member that exiting?"
To his surprise, Genrou bit his lip and looked away, a slightly pained look on his face, "Well... You get to participate in a lot more activities... Plus, there's another thing... But it's top secret..." He turned back to face Ryuuen, getting a bit closer so that he could lower his voice, "Listen, don't go telling anyone I told you this, but the top secret thing isn't as great as most full members say it is... In fact... most don't like it, but they can't say anything bad about it, even if they wanted too..."
Ryuuen got a bit closer, "Well... If most don't like it, shouldn't I warn Kourin? I mean--"
"No!" Genrou quickly interrupted, "You can't tell anyone about this, understand? No one! I'm already taking a big enough risk in telling you what I did. I made a deal with..." He shook his head to clear his thoughts, "Just take my advice. Don't come to any more meetings. Make up any excuse not to come, just don't say that I'm the one stopping you. If they found out..." His eyes finally met with Ryuuen's again, and the later could see fear in them, "It's too late for your sister. She's already been chosen to become a full member. It would be too complicated to help her escape. But you still have a chance."
Ryuuen tried to take in all that Genrou was saying. Confusion filled him completely, "But... If it's as bad as you say... Why does everyone seem so happy?"
Genrou laughed bitterly, "You don't want to know, trust me."
Ryuuen opened his mouth to say more, but no sound came out. He swallowed, then tried again, "I... Can't I stay, just to keep seeing you? I mean... we probably won't see each other much at school, and..." He blushed brightly, "I really like you..."
Genrou's features softened and reddened a bit, "I'm not worth it. If you knew all the details... And besides, I'll find a way to see you more," He brought his face closer. So close Ryuuen could feel his warm breath against his face, "After all, I really like you too." And with this, Genrou closed the distance between them, sealing their lips together.
Ryuuen didn't really know how to react to the kiss at first. It wasn't his first kiss, of course, but it was the first one with so much passion put into it. Finally, he began to kiss Genrou back, sliding his tongue inside the other's mouth. That's when they heard someone clearing their throat. The parted quickly, blushing, to see Kourin standing in front of them with her arms crossed, taping her foot impatiently, although with a slight grin on her face.
"Soooo, you two have been busy while I was gone."
Ryuuen laughed nervously, "Well, maybe a bit busy!"
Genrou put his hand on his shoulder, making the smaller boy look back at him, "Listen, why don't you give me your phone number or e-mail address or something. I can call you and we can plan a date or something."
Ryuuen smiled up at him, "I'd like that."
He quickly wrote his number and e-mail address on a spare piece of paper he found lying around somewhere. Genrou gave him another quick kiss before getting up and leaving.
Kourin smiled and sat down next to her brother, "So spill! Is he a good kisser?"
Ryuuen blushed, "That's for me to know."

~End of part 1~