Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ "Attitudes and Arrows" ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hello, again. Sorry about the last chapter where I said Yui might be a Suzaku warrior, this is the real part to it. Heh. My mistake, well anyway read and enjoy! Love, Lee-Chan. ^.~

Mysterious Play-Attitudes and Arrows-Chapter 2

Yui opened her eyes as light peeked in the window of Tasuki's house. How am I going to get out of here? Yui thought. Miaka was still asleep. Yui got up and went outside and sat on the dew sparkled grass. The door opened behind her.
"Hi." It was Tasuki.
"Hello." Said Yui wearily.
"So how are you going to get out of here?" He asked her, thinking about last night's talk.
"I don't know." Yui said as a tear went down her cheek. Tasuki looked at her sadly. "My mother is probably really worried about me and Miaka is so lucky that she isn't worrying as much as I am." Tasuki looked at her with even more hurt.
"I'm sorry, Yui."
Yui just looked on with a deeping pain in her heart, she missed everyone so much.
"I know!" Said Tasuki with a light of hope in his eyes.
"What?!" Said Yui.
"The emperor may be able to help you."
"The emperor?"
"Yeah, he is the ruler of Konan and he has a scroll called The Universe Of The Four Gods."
Yui was excited, but then she was sad again. "Well think Tasuki, why would the emperor want to see me? I'm just a peasent to him."
"Yes, but he's been looking for the priestess."
"Priestess?"
"Yeah and you can tell him that you are from another world, he'll beleive it."
"But how am I going to prove to him that I am the priestess?"
Tasuki got stumped and looked down.
Yui frowned and stood, whipping out an arrow and loading her bow. She had been in cross classes for two years, but after a while it became boring when she was top of the class and no one could beat her. Typical with everything else. She aimed and then shot at a distant tree, splitting it right in half. Yui stood there stunned at the bow and arrows power. But Tasuki was looking down at her left foot. It was glowing red with the sybol that stood for Chiriko's.
"Your a Suzaku warrior?!" Said Tasuki in disbeleif.
"A what?"
"A Suzaku warrior, look." Tasuki's right arm started to glow and a symbol shined red that stood for fire. "You mean your one too?" Yui asked.
"Yeah." Tasuki nodded.
"But I still don't get it, what's a Suzaku warrior?" Yui said, confused.
Tasuki sat down next to her. "A Suzaku warrior is one of the four beast gods seven protecters. You are one of them and that means you are suppose to protect the preistess when she arrives to make her three wishes. We are both of the same beast god."
"Well now I am a warrior then and not a Priestess. Why would he even want to talk to me now, and I'm not even strange looking." Yui stated after he said that.
"Well to get things off your mind, why don't you and Miaka come to town with me? I need more groceries."
So Miaka, Yui, and Tasuki headed for the empire to get food.
"Hey, Yui. You see this stand?" Tasuki pointed it out.
"Yeah." Yui looked over to it.
"Meet me back here in ten minutes and I'll show you around, you'll be ok with your clothes and I want to give you a chance to explore around with your friend."
"Ok." Said Yui, a bit disappointed.
Taskui then disappeared into the crowd.
Miaka looked to Yui. "Hey Yui. He did give you some Chinese money right?"
"Yes, just a bit."
"Well let's go get something to eat."
"Miaka you just ate you can eat when we get back to Tasuki's."
"Fine." Said Miaka, disapproving.
They walked for five minutes and sat down on some crates.
"My feet hurt from all this walking." Whined Miaka.
"You'll last." Yui said coldly.
Another five minutes went by and Tasuki didn't come when they waited at the stand.
Yui rolled her eyes irritatingly after realizing he had ditched them. And after how nice he was to them, he went and ditched them. Yui didn't notice, but after a while she did realize Miaka had fallen asleep on her shoulder. "Well looks like we'll be sleeping in the street." Yui picked Miaka up with a bit of trouble and carried her to an alley where she set her against the wall and sat down beside her. Miaka just slept soundly, Yui was surprised she wasn't snoring.
Yui was thinking about her exams when a crash came from down in the darkened alley. She strained to see what was coming toward her, but saw nothing but black darkness. After a few seconds she saw three figures approaching slowly.
"Hey baby." Said a gruff voice. An enormous shiver went down Yui's spine. "Why don't you and your friend join us for a twilight dinner?"
"Get back!" Yui yelled, standing and getting out her bow and loading an arrow.
"Oh-no, she is aiming to hurt us guys." They all laughed and proceeded toward her and Miaka with grins. Miaka was still sleeping which didn't surprise Yui, Miaka was the heaviest sleeper you could know.
Yui pulled her arrow back and focused her chi. A small red ball of light gathered at the tip.
"Oh look boys, the little flower is giving us a light show."
Yui frowned and let the arrow fly towards the leader and it was swift, not allowing the man to move in time and it went into his heart and he exploded. The only thing left of him was a few twinkles of red light.
The remaining two looked at her angrily, unscared by the event.
"That was our boss!" They both yelled angrily and advanced on her. The left one whistled and five more men emerged from the shadows.
Then they all charged at her with the signal of the left guy's hand. Yui didn't have enough time to fire them all down so she picked Miaka up and jumped on the crate which led to the roof. But as Yui ran frantically, the shingles slipped out from under her and she went rolling off the roof, losing Miaka.
Yui hit the ground with a sickening thud. As dazed as she was, she stood and ran to find Miaka, but came to a dead end and the men were right behind her. She turned around and decided to fend for her life, loading an arrow and firing at a random man, he went down with the same twinkling explosion. Her muscles suddenly failed her as she reached for another arrow and she collapsed to the ground. She closed her eyes, knowing it was the end for her. After a bit, she opened her eyes and saw she was flying in the air. A strange blue haired guy had saved her. He landed near a small house where Miaka stood outside. Yui felt a sudden fear in her heart and jumped from his grip, falling to the ground with the same lack of strength.
"You ought to be more careful, ya know." He smiled.
"Get back!" Yui yelled with tears in her eyes.
Miaka frowned and ran over to Yui, hugging her.
"Shh, Yui he's not going to hurt us." Miaka soothed her.
"How do you know?" Yui sobbed slightly.
"Cause I just do." Miaka could feel Yui shaking all over.
"I get her some relaxing potion." Said the blue haired guy.
Yui felt sick and wanted nothing more than to be back in their world. When they got her in bed, she wouldn't take the potion. But after a bit, she stopped struggling and fell asleep, so the blue haired guy gave it to her then.
"So she's a warrior, right?" Chichiri asked, looking to Miaka after he finished giving Yui the potion.
"Yup." Said Miaka with a sigh.
"Which group?" He asked.
"I don't know all the names." Miaka said, scratching her head. "Something like Susucku..or something."
"You mean Suzaku, ya know."
"Oh yeah, that's it!" Miaka said, delighted.

TBC....

What will Yui do when she wakes up? Where will they go? What will happen?! Read to find out and please review!
Love, Lee-Chan. ^.~
E-mail at: Leeku2@aol.com