Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Fushigi Yugi: The Americans ❯ Of Hot-headed red heads and wolves ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I repeat. Do people even read these? I don't own Fushigi Yugi

Chapter Three

Lana had just made it to the hideout, when she heard her friends scream, and saw her being carried away by a red haired man with another girl under his other arm. "Crap. Red hair. Male. I know how they can be. Hang on Gannie, I'm coming girlfriend." Lana thought, and a strange glint entered her eyes. She tore after him without hesitation, her speed and grace as she ran with new urgency revealing the cause for her nickname of Lana "The Panther" back home.

"The Panther gave chase, following her friend to a lone building, hidden well amoung the mountains and then she heard her friends scream, echoing from inside the building, and took the steps leading up two at a time, hoping..."

Gannie and Miaka were thrown onto the floor in a building with a fire lit in the middle. "Only my friends and I know about this place. No one's going to help you here. Sorry. I don't have anything against you. Just be good girls, and nothing will happen to you." the man who had kidnapped them said, removing his jacket. "I know it probably won't help... she hasn't come all the other times...but..." Gannie took one last deep breath, knowing that if her friend didn't respond this time, she would be at the mercy of this man.

"LAAAAANAAAAAA!!!!!" she screamed... and nothing happened. "See? I told you, now be quiet and-" suddenly the doors were thrown open, and a teenage girl was sillouhoted a agaisnt the setting sun, chest heaving, and looking at Genrou with a raging fury in her eyes. "Get away from Gannie." the girl snarled, hands balling into fists. "I don't know how you managed to get here, but what do you think YOU can do to help them?" Genrou asked, voice cold. Lana's eyes narrowed into slits, and suddenly she lept forward, her fist colliding with the side of his head with a crack.

"RUN!!!" she yelled, grabbing each of the girl's hands, and dragging them to the door. "Kuso, what kind of girl IS she?" Genrou thought, as he lept up, and started to chase them. Lana saw him jump up, and she shoved the girls out the door, then turned and tackled him, knocking him to the ground again. "Lana!" Gannie yelled, stopping to look back at her friend. "Get out of here! I'll hold 'im off!" Lana yelled back at her, struggling to keep him down. "But-" Gannie started, but was cut off as Genrou threw Lana off of him, and threw some paper at them, yelling, "GENJITSU SHINZAROU!" he blanched as soon as the wolves appeared, relizing his mistake too late. Gannie and Miaka screamed as the wolves came straight for them, and Genrou watched, paralyzed in horror. Suddenly, a streak of white slammed into both wolves from one side, knocking them off their course. Gannie felt terror grip her as she watched her best friend fight desparetly with the two black wolves, and noticed Genrou looking the same way, frozen. Lana screamed in pain when one of the wolves racked it's deadly claws across her chest, leaving bloody gashes in her skin, but still she fought, and yelled again at Gannie to run when she managed to knock one of the wolves off for a second. Gannie was frozen, her eyes watching as if in a dream as the wolves attacked, biting and clawing her best friend who's blood seeped out, staining her once white shirt with a deep red, and felt someone tugging on her arm, pulling her away. "Let's go!" Miaka yelled, slapping her across her face, bringing her to her senses, and then dragging her out the door while she was dazed. As soon as her friend was out Lana grabbed both wolves by the neck and threw them at the oppisite wall, watching them crumble to the floor and gasping for air.

Genrou couldn't move. Her blood was dripping to the floor, the worst cuts she had were the four jagged cuts going from her shoulder to her breast bone, she would live, IF she got the proper rest and treatment soon. Which obviously didn't fit into her plans. He thought wryly, as she bolted for the door. "Where do you think YOU'RE going?" he growled, and grabbed her arm. He knew she would probably die if she didn't get help, and that she obviously wouldn't accept his, so he had to think of something FAST. "Hey Genrou, these yours?" a famliar voice asked from the door. Genrou looked up, and saw Kouji standing there, holding the other two girls by their arms in an unbreakable grip. Kouji's eyes widened when Lana spun, wrenching her arm out of Genrou's grasp, and turning to fully face him, getting in battle stance, in all her tattered glory.

"Son of a..." Kouji said softly, eyes wide, taking in the blood on the ground, the two crumpled pieces of paper, and the cold fury in the girls eyes, who defiantly refused to show how much pain she was in. "Get your hands OFF of Gannie." the girl growled from deep in her throat. "Make you a deal, if YOU stay, they can go." Genrou said suddenly. The girl looked at him suspiciously, but slowely nodded, and turned to her friend saying in an urgent voice, "Gannie, find a way home, then come back for me. If something goes wrong..." here she trembled slightly, and smiled at her friend softly, saying "Just get home any way you can, okay?" Gannie looked at her with tears and determination in her eyes. "I'm NOT leaving you, not when you could..." she said, not able to finish. Lana cracked a cocky smile and gave a light hearted laugh. "Aw come on, you know I'm too stubborn to die." Lana used the word with such casualness that Gannie looked almost reassured. "If I stay, you have to let them go, and never try to catch them again." Lana said, looking at Genrou. He gave a short nod, and motioned for Kouji to let Gannie and Miaka go. They both walked slowely out the door, but Gannie stopped halfway starting to turn. "Don't look back." Lana told her softely. Gannie gave a sharp nod, and jogged after Miaka.

"'The Panther watched her friend leave with love and gladness in her eyes...' Aw man, this thing isn't REALLY REAL, is it? If it is, then my little sis could..." Kyle quickly pushed that thought aside when tears threatened to fall. "Don't you dare leave me, Lana."