Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Girl Of The Moonlight. ❯ Chapter 1: Under The Moonlight ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The moon and stars shone brightly down on the glossy, brown hair of the young woman who wandered the meadow. Her feet were light against the dewy grass, she walked barefoot, her long skirt flowing gently with the movement of her legs, swishing lightly against the tall, unkempt grass. Stopping her movements she stood in the middle of the wide meadow, rose her face to the moon and stood staring at the majestic beauty it beheld. The mystical powers of the moon, it entranced her, made her speechless, not that she had much of anything to say while being in such solitude.
Looking down at the grassy plain she knelt, her hands held before her, fingers laced. Closing her eyes she whispered lightly a soft prayer for the family of Cho Kishiwa, the young girl who had just recently died. Beaten to death in the back alley of her hometown, found by a young boy who was searching for his dog that had run away. Her silent prayer was short, though meaningful.
She had come out here to try to find herself, her new goal, though it wasn’t going so well. She had figured that solitude and her completely focused attention on her thoughts would help, but they only confused her all the more. She didn’t know what was wrong, she felt a certain loneliness that hadn’t bothered her before now.
It was officially her 15th birthday today, just as she rose and looked at the moon again. The reflection of the moonlight on her hands made her seem more pale and pasty that what was normal, but she loved the moon too much to be discouraged by her lack of complexion it beheld for her. Her mother didn’t know where she was, she had snuck out of the house after her parents had gone to bed, her little sister, Soi had been sleeping for some time, and was now at the stage that she was able to sleep in her room alone, so Yurien didn’t have to worry about that problem.
Placing herself into a sitting position she hugged her knees to her chest tightly, resting her chin on her knees. A deep sigh was offered to the atmosphere, hoping in return there would be some kind of sign, or word from God to help her find what she wanted to know. No such luck, just as she had expected. Closing her eyes she searched her mind for anything that might have been subconsciously been bothering her lately, but it was no use, she was not used to feeling this way. She had always been the happy person, able to cheer anyone up, never seen with anything but a smile on her face. Sometimes it was but an act, though most of the time it was true.
Closing her eyes slowly she felt the sudden rush of intense darkness flooding her senses, the moonlight escaped her presence, fleeing from her vision. Biting her lower lip very lightly she continued to wonder, she knew she wasn’t worried about school, her relationship with Kasumi, her best friend, was just as perfect as it always had been, her parents were getting along better everyday that passed, and Soi had finally gotten over the fact that Yurien had missed her performance at the local carnival just a month before hand.
“Maybe I am at a perfect state and I just feel like I am missing something because there is a complete lack of controversy in my life right now.” She smiled softly, that had to be it. Opening her eyes she looked around at the meadow, the moon was getting lower in the sky, it had to be almost three am. Sighing lightly she stood slowly, her skirt fluttering slightly in annoyance at the sudden movements. The ground was cool on her feet as she began to walk, again, toward town.
She was quiet as she opened her bedroom window fully, the slight sound of the scratching of wood on wood was only slight enough for her to hear it. Sticking her left leg into the window she hopped up into it, hitting her head slightly on the window above her.
“Ahhh...damn.” She spoke lightly enough, though with a slight angered tone. Standing in her room she rose her right hand to the top of her head where she had just hit it, and rubbed it lightly for a moment. Turning around she slowly shut the window, replacing it in the closed position it was supposed to be in. She undressed from her skirt and shirt slowly, and slipped into bed. The warmth under the covers was amazing as she drifted off to sleep.Converting /tmp/phpel2feZ to /dev/stdout