Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Quiet Interlude ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Quiet Interlude

Disclaimer: Tasuki and Chichiri don't belong to me, which is probably good for them, as I'd likely lock them in the basement and force them to have mad, passionate sex. O.O (and despite that comment, I do not write Tasuki and Chichiri as being in a sexual relationship.)

Artax, Morla, and Falkor from Tasuki's dream also don't belong to me.

Warnings: Tasuki language.

Chichiri slowly awoke in the middle of the freezing cold night, becoming aware of a warm weight across his chest and hips. He blinked his eyes open, smiling softly at what he saw. Tasuki's head was settled on his chest and the bandit had flung one leg across his hips.

The monk shifted around, careful not to wake his dear friend, until he was able to wrap his arms around the redhead and cuddle him close. He snuggled into the warm blankets and started to drift back to sleep.

"No, Artax, don' sink into th' mud, ya goddamn horse," Tasuki called out suddenly, snapping Chichiri out of his light doze. The redheaded bandit's words faded into unintelligible mumbles as he fell back into a deeper sleep, lightly rubbing his head against Chichiri's shirt before going still once more.

Chichiri blinked, wondering what on earth Tasuki could be dreaming about. He gave a small shrug and settled in to go back to sleep. He was interrupted once more by Tasuki. This time the bandit lurched up into a sitting position, arms and legs flailing.

"Quit sneezin' on me, ya damn fuckin' turtle monster!" he screeched, still fast asleep.

Chichiri sat up in alarm, only to get punched in the face by the still wildly flailing Tasuki. As suddenly as it had started, the strange fit was over, Tasuki falling over limply, his head landing in Chichiri's lap.

"Who ever heard o' pink dog dragons," he mumbled, twisting around and pressing his face against Chichiri's stomach. The other man blinked as the bandit bit into his shirt and started sucking on part of it. "Fuckin' woman an' her fuckin' worm `n' newt shoup…"

"I don't think I want to know what you're dreaming about, no da," Chichiri murmured with a snort. He pulled his shirt out of Tasuki's mouth, then gently shifted him around until the two of them were cuddled warmly together once more.