Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Real Good Man ❯ Real Good Man ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do NOT own the song, “Real Good Man.” It is property of Tim McGraw. I do NOT own Fushigi Yuugi. It is property of Yuu Watase.

But I DO own this songfic. Yes + Me= Yay for me!

Real Good Man

Tim McGraw

(Tasuki/Genrou)

 

Girl you've never known no one like me

Up there in your high society

They might tell you I'm no good

Girl they need to understand

Just who I am

I may be a real bad boy

But baby I'm a real good man

Tasuki stared as Miaka drank some water and piled her face again. He liked that. He really did, watching her was all that he needed to do to feel content. But something was wrong. This was wrong.

“What’s the matter Tasuki? You’re quiet.” Miaka said, pausing from her dinner.

Tasuki shrugged and looked to the side, “Just thinking’.”

Miaka, “Now that’s really weird.” she jested and he smirked over to her.

“Yea, whatever.”

I may drink too much and play too loud

Hang out with a rough and rowdy crowd

That don't mean I don't respect

My Mama or my Uncle Sam

Yes sir, yes ma'am

I may be a real bad boy

But baby I'm a real good man

Remembering Kouji and the others, Tasuki missed being with people that he could party with. But he missed Miaka terribly as well. Why couldn’t he have both? He knew why. Tamahome was everything to Miaka. He wouldn’t take her away. He loved her too much for that.

“Tasuki, you’re going all weird again!” Miaka pointed at his face.

Tasuki looked at her strangely, “Ya need some respect.” he muttered and pushed her finger aside. “Not polite t’ point.”

Miaka smiled, “I didn’t know you had that many manners!” she grinned.

Tasuki stretched some, “I have ‘em.”

I might have a reckless streak

At least a country-mile wide

If you're gonna run with me

It's gonna be a wild ride

When it comes to loving you

I've got velvet hands

I'll show you how a real bad boy

Can be a real good man

Tasuki was the leader of the bandits of Mt. Reikaku. He was stronger than this! He could beat temptation to claim Miaka as his own.

He paused, what was he thinking? That shouldn’t even be in his mind. But as he looked at her, he felt the warmth that they shared as he pushed her finger away. He longed for it. From Miaka.

“Yea sure.” Miaka smiled and ate more.

How could he love this girl? It didn’t make sense!

“I do!” he retorted and crossed his arms, “Ya betta slow down. Gonna choke.” he warned.

I take all the good times I can get

I'm too young for growing up just yet

Ain't much I can promise you

'Cept to do the best I can

I'll be damned

I may be a real bad boy

But baby I'm a real good man

Miaka didn’t heed his words and began to choke on some food. He handed her the glass of water and watched her drink it down. After the food was dislodged, she looked over to him, “Thanks Tasuki.” she smiled genuinely at him.

“Anytime ya need somethin’ Miaka.” he promised.

The words stung his throat. Because the one thing that he needed, he’d never have. He wouldn’t take it from her. She wouldn’t give it to him.

I may be a real bad boy

Oh but baby I'm a real good man

Yes I am

Miaka finished and Tasuki paid the bill. As they walked back to the palace, he started to speak. “Miaka?”

“Yea?” she looked over to him.

He began to speak and then he quieted down, “Nevermind.”

Miaka smiled and stopped, “Tasuki? What were you going to say?”

He stopped and looked back at him, “Nothin’.”

Miaka hugged him, “Thanks.”

Tasuki froze and looked down at the priestess, “For what?”

“For everything. You’ve always been so nice to me and always put my wishes before you. And I know I haven’t been half as giving as you are.”

Tasuki returned the hug, “ya gave more.” he muttered.

She smiled and as they pulled away, she said, “You’re a real good man. That lady that gets your heart is one lucky girl!” she cheered.

Tasuki smirked, ‘Yea…she is, isn’t she? Already loved and loving back.’