Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ The Next Act in a Mysterious Play ❯ The Gender-Bender and the Cleptomaniac ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]
I hereby dedicate this chapter to Phalon22, who gave me such a sweet review. I had honestly been debating whether to even continue with this story or not since I was not getting any reviews. Thank you so much Phalon. ^_^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not long after, Taitsukun returned the priestess and her two warriors to where they had been in the forest earlier. Everyone was silent as they went to retrieve the horses, which thankfully they had had time to tie up before all the drama started.

"So what do we do now?" Katsura posed the question that everyone was thinking.

We should probably go back to Konan and inform my brother," Hotohori saddled the horses. "Since we all expected the other warriors to be in Konan anyway, Kurotaki will be expecting us."

That makes sense. Plus we can get the provisions we need to start our travels," Katsura agreed.

Before they could get onto their horses, the wind started blowing harshly.

"What in the world?"

Katsura!" Mahome shouted and pointed at Katsura's side. "The mirror is glowing!"

Immediately, Katsura took up the mirror that she had tied to her belt. Sure enough, the symbol for wind was glowing fiercely on the shiny surface.

"Wind? I thought this was supposed to tell us if a warrior was nearby, not the weather forecast!"

"It has, priestess," come a voice on the wind.

When Katsura looked up, she felt the wind die down as a tall woman descended to the ground. The woman was well built and looked strong. Her dark chestnut hair was braided and fell down to her backside. If this was another celestial warrior, than she certainly looked ready for the job.

"Hello, my name is Katsura, the priestess, as you pointed out," Katsura introduced herself. "How did you know that though?"

"Not many people stray to this area anymore due to the violent upheavals recently," the woman explained. "I assumed that only a priestess of a beast god would do such a thing. Since you were here, I decided to watch you and see if you were indeed such a person. When I saw you disappear both times, it seemed quite obvious."

"Oh. Well, that makes sense. But why are you concerned with me being a priestess?"

"Because I am the celestial warrior of Genbu, Rimudo. My symbol is covered since it is just above my pelvic bone. I have been searching for the priestess of Genbu."

"Yippie!" Katsura lunged at the new warrior and gave her a huge hug.

Katsura then noticed that her head was smashed into Rimudo's cleavage. Consequently she couldn't resist squeezing the two mounds to make sure they were real. (A/N: Come on. She's Miaka's granddaughter. You knew it had to happen.)

"Excuse me, but what are you doing?" Rimudo stammered.

Kat jumped back and smiled, "Sorry. I just wanted to make sure that you're actually a girl. My grandmother had that problem a lot."

"That's understandable."

"Really? You take someone feeling you up that lightly?" Mahome pondered.

"No. Usually I'll kick someone in the groin for that. But her motivation is good enough because I am also a man."

Needless to say, everyone's jaws dropped.

"Cou..could you...run that by me again?" Katsura stuttered.

"Like the original Rimudo, I can change genders. Likewise, I can only use my powers over the wind in my female form. So I usually just stay female."

"Makes perfect sense," Kat blinked a few times.

"So, are you the priestess of Genbu?"

"Nope."

Rimudo's face went ashen.

"Don't worry though! You still came to the right place. I'm the priestess of all four beast gods."

"How can that be?"

"Believe me, it's a long story," Hotohori spoke up. "But we can explain it on our way back to Konan."

"Why Konan?"

"That's part of the story."

Rimudo stood thinking for a moment, then shrugged.

"He'll catch up."

"Who's he?" Kat inquired as they all began the trip back.

"You'll find out soon enough. First, explain to me what your story is."
***

By the time Katsura had finished her entire story, including what had happened when she had vanished with a tree, the sun was setting.

"We should make camp for the night. We're still too far from any village," Hotohori stopped his horse.

It was quickly agreed upon and put into action. After a fire was started and some food cooked, Rimudo began her story.

"I'm originally the son of a merchant. It had been expected of me to take over the family business when my father died. But I was never really interested and gave the job to my younger brother. My heart was set on adventure. When I saw how petty and pompous my countrymen had become, I was even more determined to leave. But I soon found that the other countries were no better, no offense," she turned to Hotohori.

"Not at all," he shook his head.

"Anyway, I did not like what I saw. I wanted to change it. That's when I figured that if I was a celestial warrior--I had learned of the Genbu warriors in my childhood--then perhaps there were others. So, I began searching for my fellow warriors, and hopefully our priestess."

Katsura grinned with pride.

"And," Rimudo continued, "if, as you say, there are only two warriors for each country, than all the Genbu warriors have been found."

Soup flew as Katsura spit her dinner in shock.

"What? When? Who? Where?"

"Genbu warrior. A few weeks ago. Tomite. Behind you, digging through your sack," Rimudo pointed with laugh.

Spinning immediately to where Rimudo had pointed, Kat, Hotohori, and Mahome all saw a man with silvery white hair rummaging through Kat's knapsack utterly oblivious to what was going on around him.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" Kat shrieked and pulled the sack away from the thief.

When the man looked up at her, his eyes seemed to gain a new clarity and he smiled.

"Greeting, fair maiden," he bowed. "I am Tomite, a celestial warrior of Genbu. How may I be of service?"

Kat just arched in eyebrow in utter confusion.

"You might as well get used to this. He does this all the time," Rimudo finally came forward.

"Hey there, Moody!" Tomite smiled and slapped the she-male on the back.

"Hello, Tomite. Everyone," she turned to the other three befuddled members of the group, "this is Tomite. I found him a few weeks back when he was escaping from prison."

Three sweat dropped got much larger. Seeing that the three badly needed an explanation, Rimudo smirked.

"Tomite, why don't you go play with the fire."

Sweat drops enlarge again.

"Don't worry. He just likes to shoot ice at it and see the steam," Rimudo's face was completely serious the entire time. "As for his escape from prison, Tomite has a small problem with stealing. The bigger problem though, is that he doesn't realize that he's doing. He could steal the clothes from your body, be holding them in his hand, and if you asked him if he stole them, he'd say he just found them somewhere. But he really is harmless and an extremely devoted warrior. He acts the complete gentleman when he's in his right mind."

Other than the sounds of steam bursts and Tomite giggling like a school girl, there was utter silence for a few moments.

'So I have a swordsman prince, a child, a gender-bender, and a non-aware clepto for my warriors that I'm supposed to entrust my life to,' Kat thought to herself. 'Who's next, Hannibal the Cannibal?'

Realizing that she was going to have to make do with what she had, Katsura threw up her hands.

"Rimudo and Tomite, welcome to the group!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
Another chapter done. And better yet, it introduced my favorite character, Tomite. Nothing like the original is he. My boyfriend had once described a character with his problem and I knew I had to use it. This will lead into my favorite seen, which will show up sometime in the next few chapters. Don't forget to review. I write more that way.



Converting /tmp/phpW4pLwm to /dev/stdout