Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ The Universe of the Four Gods ❯ Stranger ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Once back in the emperor’s palace, the small group takes the girl to see Mitsukake at once. Of course, Chiriko is with the large man, and plays his little leaf flute in an attempt to ease the girls obviously apprehensive heart. The atmosphere around the sleeping figure seems to reflect the girls inner feelings; the pinched eyes obviously tell of her strain, and Miaka has to admit that when she places a hand to the girls head to check on her an unsettling crawl races across her spine.

Mitsukake delivers what little healing the girl needs, before instructing Tasuke to get her into a new robe and get her in bed. Hotohori graciously offers one of the vacant rooms in his personal suite as her resting place, and Tasuke happily obliges before whisking the girl out of the room. At this point, Chichiri, alerted by all the movement around the palace, enters the room and asks what’s going on. Settling down at a table with the other 5 warriors, Miaka gestures for Chichiri to take a seat before informing him to all that had happened. Before she finishes her tale, a radiant red light spreads across the room like a veil, cutting off Miaka’s words.