Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ You'll Never Be Alone ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

You'll Never Be Alone

Author: Shiva of Ice

TV/Game Series: Fushigi Yuugi

Genre: Original

Rating: PG

Disclaimer: FY is not mine, nor are the characters.. I do own Mitsukai and Poco though.. Steal them and the eraser monkey will come after you! He'll chew you're head off as well! *evil laughter*

Random Crap Before The Story:

Eraser Monkey: EEEEEE!!! *throws eraser crumbs all around*

Shiva: DAMN YOU MONKEY! *locks it up in a cage*

Eraser Monkey: *goes on an all out anger frenzy*

Shiva: *throws a rock at it* SHUT UP AND LET THEM READ THE STORY!!

Prologue

"Ano, Poco-kun.."

A small dog, with puffy white fur looked at the person who talked to it and let out a small bark as the two continued walking along the road, for their usual walk.

"Everyday, we pass the same thing.. Think anything knew shall happen today?"

The dog yipped and continued to waddle besides its owner, going as fast as its legs would take it.

Something tugged on the back of the outfit she was wearing and she blinked, glancing over her shoulder.

"Sumimasen.."

She blinked a few more times. "Nani?" her voice was questionable and carried confusion in it. She turned, kneeling down. "What're you doing all the way out here? Its a long walk back to the town.."

Poco sniffed the child and barked, running circles around him.

"Poco-kun, stop it and behave yourself!"

The dog stopped and whimpered.

She sighed and looked back at the child in front of her.

"So.. what are you doing all the way out here?"

"Looking for my friends.. I got separated from them.."

Something tore at her heart. `Poor kid..' she thought, giving him a sweet and honest smile. "You poor thing.. Whats your name?"

He looked at her, blinking, wavering a bit before answering, debating whether to tell her or not.

She smiled again. "You can trust me, I won't do anything to hurt you, I promise."

"My names Chiriko.."

She stood, slowly. "I'm Mitsukai and this is Poco-kun.."

"Poco?"

She smiled, nodding. "Yeah.. He sure has taken a liking to you, strange.."

Chiriko looked up at her, blinking and she sighed.

"Well, if you're lost you're friends will be looking for you.. I'll take you back to my place, ok? I'll make you something to eat and then you can tell me about yourself, ok?"

Chiriko smiled up at her, wiping his blue-green eyes and began to follow her, back the way she been leaving from.

Poco wobbled behind them and Chiriko watched, wondering why the poor animal was so slow. He stopped and picked the fuzzy beast up before running to catch up with Mitsukai and looked up at her.

"I've never seen an animal with this much hair.."

She chuckled, softly, looking down at him. "Well, I don't know.. I found him outside my house when he was just a tiny little thing.. Had him for six years so far!"

Chiriko looked at the dog, smoothing away some fur to look into its intense black eyes and he blinked. "He's a calm animal.."

"Yeah, but I warn ya, when he's on the fritz, he'll tear anything apart.."

Her hand was swaying by her side and Chiriko looked at it and debated whether to take her hand or not. He didn't know what her reaction would be and he shook his head, deciding to risk it, not caring if he would get yelled it, which was usually the deal when Tasuki got angry and yelled, at him, or anyone else. He couldn't stand the yelling anymore.

He set the dog back down and reached up, placing his hand in hers, looking at the ground as he did so. But, instead of rejection, he felt her close her hand, clasping his in hers and she looked down at him, again, smiling kindly.

"Chiriko, huh? Lets hope you're friends come looking for you soon.."

He nodded, he just hopped that Tasuki or the others wouldn't be angry with him, for running off.

Babble:

Shiva: Itai.. Itai.. I think Chiriko is OOC here.. Damnit all.. I've only read the manga, haven't seen the anime yet.. Dang.. I should really get it, to understand how he reacts to stuff, the manga does no justice!!!