G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ A Love Untold ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Ow!"

The wrench fell to the floor making a loud clink against the thick metal. That's twice already she failed to fix that part of the gundam. Here she was, trying her hardest to fix his gundam and he was off somewhere doing God knows what. He had been so rock headed about her advice and warnings but he just blew her off and after every battle, she was the one repairing the damage. It hadn't bothered her much the first part of their partnership. But now things were getting rough on the both of them and getting along wasn't their greatest accomplishments. Domon would continuously brush her off and only fill her in on what the battle was to contain next time he fought.

"I think it's time I took a break. I keep this up at my rate I'll be too tired to finish."

Wiping the sweat from her brow, she climbed out of the cockpit and took in a deep breath of fresh, clean air. The only thing that kept her from going crazy was being out in nature's territory. The trees all had their own set of leaves as green as ever. The soil nice and moist. With the water so clean and clear that the rocks looked like small crystals just lying in the water. What she wouldn't give to stay out here forever and just enjoy life's gifts. But how much she wished it, it wouldn't happen. Too many reasons why. Dark Gundam, Domon, the tournament- all on which she couldn't just forget about. Domon wouldn't let her anyway.

"Hey Rain! Did you finish repairing the arm yet?" the black haired, Japanese man called at her from the ground looking as serious as he always did.

Even if she were finished, she wouldn't get a "thank you" or anything. It just wasn't like him to always be thankful for small things she did or even large ones.

"Not yet, Domon. You did some pretty heavy damage on that arm. Which is bad b/c that's the Shining Finger. It may take me a few more days to repair all of it." Rain confessed.

She knew Domon would not be pleased with what she told him. He expected everything done quickly and properly and also expecting everything to be done in a few hours or so. Something Rain hadn't been able to master just yet.

"I don't have a few days, Rain. My next match is tomorrow. I can't steer a broken gundam." He said with a little sarcasm. Such nerve!

"Well I'm sorry if I'm not Houdini and make everything perfect again in only a few seconds. It takes time and patience. Please make an effort and be calm about it. I will fix Shining Gundam." She said, also using sarcasm.

And by the way he walked away in a tempered mood, she knew she couldn't afford another break. His training obviously didn't go well and this wasn't helping him.

Rain let out an exhausted sigh and shook her head. "Oh Domon. I can't do everything in just one day. You have to realize that." She said to herself as she made her way back to the cockpit, fiddling with every small piece. Readjusting things that needed the attention and finally managing to fix that one part that gave her trouble- a job well done so far. But getting the gratitude she wished she'd have wouldn't be announced. Domon's only way of approving things is if he doesn't complain about it in a fight. That way, she'd know she did a handy job.

Making her way down to the ground, she looked up and nodded with approval. She had fixed it. Now she deserved a break.

Rain walked a little ways from the gundam and found the small but clean stream she had seem from the gundam's few. It was ever prettier being so close to it. She slipped off her shoes and sat down on the edge while she dipped her feet into the cool water. It sent goose bumps on her arms and legs as she sighed to herself, leaning back on her hands and splashing her feet in it. It was so strange how life looked so peaceful and so giving but behind all the wonderful colors and imaginations, there was evil provoking the Earth and everything in it. And it had to be Domon's brother behind it all, so they all thought.

"How did we end up this way?" Rain though to herself as she watched the ripples grow larger then disappear from her feet. She just couldn't figure it out. They had forced Domon to become a gundam fighter and for her to be his partner which she didn't mind totally. But naturally there were consequences to go with it all.

"Rain? Your finished?" that same deep voice asked her from behind. Rain didn't turn around but closed her eyes and smiled.

"Yes, Domon. I'm finished. Its all ready for your next battle." She confirmed to him as she stood up and dusted off her pink skirt and picked up her shoes. "The arm just had a small glitch but I think I got it covered."

Domon gave a half-hearted smile as he glanced up at his Shining Gundam. She sure had a way to get everything fixed just the way he liked it even if it wasn't the fastest. But that was so much like Rain. "C'mon. Its time we get going." He announced as he clung to his blood, red cape with his matching bandana that was wrapped across his forehead and the remaining strands hung down his back. His unique style always brought him out.

Rain couldn't stop thinking how cute he was as he walked ahead of her. Yes, he was rough on her a lot and sometimes down right mean but in his heart of hearts, he was gentle and sensitive even though he hated to think he was but it was easy for Rain to tell. Its what kept her with him all this time. At 20 years of age, he was still a boy at heart but physical appearance of a man.

Her thoughts were suddenly cut short when she felt Domon grab her arm and fling her aside. Not knowing what got into him, she regained her balanced and gasped when she saw a huge gundam aiming a gun's barrel directly at them.

"Rise Shining Gundam!!" Domon shouted and with a snap of his finger, his gundam rose. After fitting into the skin, tight material and then checking his blood pressure, metabolism, etc. Domon got in position to fight the invading gundam. It was no doubt one of the dark gundam's suits. But to Rain's horror, the gundam's barrel turned and aimed directly at her. But thank God Domon was ready and knocked the gun out its grip and wrestled it to the ground.

Rain scrambled away but only to be standing on the foot of yet another dark gundam suit and again its gun was aimed at her. And as she looked up in shock, she saw the barrel heat up and give off a light like getting ready to fire.

"DOMON!"

"RAIN!" but try as he may, he couldn't break away from the gundam that pinned him as well as 2 others holding him down. "RAIN!!! RUN!!"

Rain tripped and ran as fast as she could but there were gundams everywhere and when she turned around, she saw that the gun barrel was being fired and she was the target.

****

Laura: yes! Finally I have made the time to make another fic. I HAD one of G Gundam but people flamed me ;_; But I'm back and in more detail.

Chibadee: ahem...

Laura: oh yeah! Can't forget to mention my good ol' American buddy here!

Chibodee: You know, you didn't put me in the story yet like you promised.

Laura: Forgive me Chibo, I'm gonna get to that. I've been pretty busy with school and all that. Plus I haven't been very well lately. Stomach virus! Ah!

Chibodee: ::scoots away from her:: I got a feeling its contagious.

Laura: As a matter of fact, it is. ::grins:: But anyway, I need reviews or nice comments so I'll know your willing to let me write some more.^^

Chibodee: And more reviews requesting to write a fic about me!

Laura: Chibodee..there are a lot of fics about you. Ever read them?

Chibodee: Should I have? Most of them scare me just by the title.

Laura: ::big sweatdrop:: Read and Review...or save me for this blue haired man.

Chibodee: And don't you forget it! ::winks::