Gintama Fan Fiction ❯ salarymen go to heaven ❯ part 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I don't own Gintama. I don't own Gintama. I don't own Gintama.
 
 
* * Part Five: Which is More or Less an Intermezzo * *
 
 
Back at the Freelancer headquarters, Kagura was in the kitchen, covered in large, pink bandages and stuffing her face after another Thursday well survived. Sadaharu was momentarily chewing on Shinpachi which gave Gintoki just the peace and isolation he needed to take a long, revitalizing shower that would hopefully help him hold on to thoughts for more than two beats of the eye. Seriously, it was getting rather difficult to watch TV. As he attuned the water to a comfortable warmth, he wondered vaguely where Sakamoto buggered off to. He had been following him drink for drink, for at least two hours before the Shinsengumi ever appeared. And they went on until the town had the silver glimmer of approaching sunrise. He knew how little he remembered and how shit-faced he felt, so naturally, Sakamoto should have been in the same state. Gintoki's attention was then given a shinier object then his friend's subsequent fate to worry about.
 
So he spent the rest of his shower-time wondering why there were profanities written in pretty, long calligraphy down his entire lower body.
 
He turned off the water, wiped himself down after a slight shiver at the other use of that particular phrase, and decided it was not worth busting his nuts over it (another shiver because of the ambiguous phrase). The next time he met Sakamoto he just won't ask him about it. If you cannot beat it, ignore it.
 
This was a very flexible mantra; forgiving, allowing and an excellent protection against schizoid multiple personality disorder. Gintoki made it his life's work to spread the joy of his teaching around.
 
Putting on fresh clothes and feeling a bit more human than before the shower, Gintoki walked into the living room, thankful it was almost Friday and he could forget all about today.
 
 
* *