Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Beat ❯ Chapter 11

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
Okies, for the next couple of chapters, the beginning will be in someone's POV.
 
Random disclaimer: The Inuyasha on my bag works wonders ad keeping away demons, unfortunately, it don't do jack about lawyers so… I don't own diddily!
 
XOX Kagome's POV XOX
 
I don't want to go. I really don't want to go. If I fake some kind of disease, will they let me off? I'm currently sitting on the bus, trying to think of a way out of my current predicament. Oh yes, we are on our way to my hometown; Shimokamo, Kyoto. Oh god I really don't want to go. We're playing at the Kyoto International Concert Hall in three days and Uncle Ryu wanted me to let my school know that I'm not coming back, pack up all my things to be moved to his house in Tokyo and say goodbye to my friends. Over the past week, I've been getting random phone calls and emails from people at school, telling me how much they miss me and am I really related to `The Great Ryuichi Sakuma' or is it just a lie that someone made up. Oh god it sucks something hardcore.
 
I have to travel all the way to Nara, just to inform Kikyo that I'm leaving Takatori High for good, so that I can continue my studies in Shinjuku with my uncle. That's one of the good things about my head; I can call her Kikyo. I found out two years ago when I first came to high school that she was my real mother. Yeah, how weird is that! I never once blamed her for putting me up for adoption though; she was only fifteen when I was born. Her and me have a real good friendship thing going on. I only have one year left anyways, so I'm sure she won't really care. I bet home schooling is better anyway! No annoying classmates, no annoying teachers and best of all, no perverted friends trying to look up my school skirt! Lighting is streaking across the sky right now; I'm taking this as a bad sign. Uncle Ryu said that everyone is staying at Takaragaike Prince Hotel tonight, well, everyone but he and I! We're going to be at momma's place, I get my own room and my own bed. Hooray for me! I can see the Conference Hall now, so that means we're almost at the hotel. K said he'd arrange me some transport from the hotel to my school and back again. I told him that it would be nice, provided I'm not going in a helicopter. Did you know that when he pouts, it's like the cutest thing ever!
 
I dunno, things have been going really good with Hiro too. On our last date he asked me if it was okay for us to be official! I nearly died! I mean, he's cute, smart, funny and an all round nice guy and he's now my boyfriend! Oh my god my mum's going to have a fit! Every time I look at him and Shuichi together, I can't help but think about an American cartoon I used to watch. PINKY AND THE BRAIN! Shuichi's so adorable, but he's pretty stupid (I told him that and he laughed at me!) and Hiro's so cute and he's so smart! It never ceases to amaze me what those guys will do for eachother.
 
I did something really bad last week. I mean, really, really bad. I got Shuichi addicted to Myspace! I've been a Myspace junkie for a while now, about a year or so, and while I was checking my messages and crap, Shuichi come to talk to me. When he asked me what I was doing, I told him and asked him if he wanted me to set him up a page too. I sat down with him for about twenty minutes and explained it all to him, showed him how to upload stuff and all that jazz; and now all we do is sit together and play with it. He has so much fun on there!
 
The bus is coming to a stop now, so I guess that means I'm only an hour away from going to my school. Oh god, I don't want to!
 
XOX
 
Kagome slipped her hoody over her head and walked to the front of the bus grumbling. Hiro followed her and grabbed her hand. “Don't worry too much Kagome, it's only for a few days.”
 
He received a vicious glare for his efforts. “You can say that seeing as you're not the one who has to face the hell beasts!”
 
Suguru came up on the other side of her and gave her shoulder a squeeze. “I promise it won't be that bad Kagome. I had to do the same thing a year ago. Would you feel better if someone went with you?”
 
“Maybe, I really wouldn't want to attract attention to you guys.” She sighed.
 
Hiro kissed her cheek. “Then we don't send Shuichi. I'll go with you love so you wont have to do it alone. Besides, if we both go it, it'll squish any rumors about why you're leaving.”
 
Kagome rubbed both hands across her face and sighed again in frustration. “Alright! I'm a strong girl, I can do this!” She turned to K and put on a shit-eating grin. “Get my to the school Mr. Boss Man!”
 
K nodded and pulled out his cell phone while Kagome, Shuichi, Suguru and Hiro left the bus. They had been off it for less than a minute when they got glomped by an extremely happy Ryuichi.
 
“Guys! We're here, we're here! I can't wait to see my beloved sister and nephew!” He yelled. “Are you excited too Kagome?”
 
Kagome shrugged. “Kinda, I guess.”
 
He peered down at her with a pout on his cute face. “Don't you want to see your mum?”
 
She shrugged again and walked into the hotel lobby.
 
Ryuichi looked at Bad Luck and frowned. “What happened to my happy Kagome?”
 
“She doesn't want to be here because everyone knows about her family and she's worried that people are going to treat her differently.” Suguru answered.
 
“Oh is that all! She shouldn't worry so much, she's gonna make new friends and she has all of us!” Ryuichi said and walked after her.
 
XOX
 
The car pulled up to Takatori High and Hiro gave Kagome a reassuring kiss. “Don't stress too much, I'll be right here when you get back.”
 
Kagome nodded. Taking a deep breath she opened the door and walked up to her head's office, trying to make it before everyone came outside for lunch. The rain had let up somewhat in the half-hour drive from Shimokamo to Nara and for this Kagome was grateful. She stopped in front of Kikyo's office and knocked. Hearing the customary `Come in', she entered.
 
“Hey Kikyo, I have some real bad news.” Kagome said and plonked herself down in the chair usually reserved for the delinquents that were sent by p.o'd teachers.
 
Kikyo looked up with a smile. “Your mum called and explained the situation so you don't need to explain. I'm really going to miss having you around Kagome, but I agree with Akira; this has to be done for your safety.”
 
Kagome groaned and put her head in her hands. “Not you too Kikyo! Everyone, and I mean everyone, has said the same thing. Tohma even went as far as offering me a bodyguard! `You're like family Kagome, we can't have you getting hurt.'”
 
“That was probably the best impression I've ever heard.” Kikyo chuckled. “Anyway, do you have time for a cup of coffee before you pack up your locker?”
 
Kagome nodded and pressed on the intercom. “Sango can we get two coffee's in here please?”
 
“Sure thing Kagome.” The secretary replied. “Do you mind if I join you?”
 
“Of course not dearest.” It was Kikyo who replied. The head liked to spend time fraternizing with her staff.
 
Less than a minute later, Sango came in with three cups of coffee on a tray. Sango was a sweet woman in Kagome's opinion. But did she have a vicious temper! “Here we go ladies. Kagome I hear that you're moving.”
 
“Sadly yes. My mum called my uncle and set it all up so that I can be home schooled.” Kagome took a sip of her coffee and put the cup down. “It's going to be a huge adjustment what with the rest of the tour and being in the studio and such. Shuichi wants me to become a more permanent fixture in the band because it takes some of the strain off of Suguru. I'm not sure if I should go for it or not.”
 
Sango grinned. “Kagome, I've known you for what? Two years now, I can honestly say that this would be good for you.”
 
“I dunno.” Kagome sighed. “Anyways, hows life treating you guys?”
 
Kikyo grinned. “I'm dating a really nice investment manager from the city. His name's Hatori and my god Kagome he's gorgeous!”
 
Sango giggled. “You should see the amount of flowers come to this office for her! It's truly a sight! I'm also dating someone new. His name's Naraku and he's been a friend of mine since college. We hooked up for a few dates over the past month and he's such a sweetheart!”
 
“So Kagome, Akira said that Ryuichi told her that you have a boyfriend now. What's he like?” Kikyo said.
 
“Where did you meet him?” Sango added.
 
Kagome smiled to herself and blushed. “Well…”
 
There was a knock at the door and Kikyo looked to Kagome. “Hold that thought. Come in!”
 
Hiro poked his head in the door and saw the three women sitting drinking coffee. “I'm really sorry for interrupting, but Kagome I was getting worried. I thought maybe you'd been mobbed or something.”
 
Sango and Kikyo turned to Kagome with wide eyes and expressions that clearly said `explain!'
 
Kagome took a deep breath and began explaining. “This is Sango, my friend and my real mother Kikyo. We were just talking about you actually. Guys, this is Hiro, my boyfriend.”
 
“Holy Kagome! You sure snagged a hottie!” Sango exclaimed.
 
“Wow, I guess good taste runs in the family.” Kikyo said.
 
Kagome blushed puce and sunk into her seat. “I should really be going. I have to clean out my locker and get going before the bell rings and class lets out.”
 
RIIIIINNNNNGGGG!
 
“Too late. I will call you guys and I promise to visit when I'm in town.” She got up and hugged both Sango and Kagome respectively. “Good luck you guys, I'll miss you!”
 
“It was nice to meet you ladies. Please take care.” Hiro said as he fished some sunglasses out of his jacket pocket.
 
“You take care of our Kagome Hiro. We'll miss you dearest.” Kikyo smiled and shook his hand.
 
Sango followed suit. “I'll miss you too Kagome, please be careful.”
 
XOX
 
Kagome finished loading her books into a box that she brought with her for that exact purpose. She turned to Hiro and smiled. “The halls are empty, but the playground wont be, so are you ready to face the theoretical firing squad?”
 
Hiro slung an arm around her shoulder. “For you, I'd do it without the blindfold.”
 
Kagome shook her head with a giggle and walked outside. Holding an unconscious breath, she waited for the inevitable scream.
 
“KAGOME!”
 
“And there it is.” She mumbled. Hiro took the box from her without a word and took it to the waiting car. “Hey guys, hows it going? And Miroku if you touch my butt I will kill you.”
 
Miroku smiled sheepishly and took his hand away from her butt. “It's nice to see you again Kagome.”
 
“Is it true?” Eri asked.
 
“Is that why you've been gone for so long?” Yuka said.
 
“Why didn't you tell me about your boyfriend before Kagome?” Ayumi said sadly.
 
Eri and Yuka's eyes snapped toward Ayumi, both yelling an simultaneous; “What boyfriend?.!”
 
Kagome put her head in Miroku's shirt and groaned. “It's not an open invitation Miroku!”
 
“Sorry, sorry! Wait, what boyfriend?” He said in a mock sad voice. “I thought you loved me!”
 
Kagome groaned louder and turned to her friends. “Okay, I will only say this once. You are my best friends and have been since elementary school, so I will answer your questions, but not here. I trust you all, but I don't trust the rest of the student body, so shall we say as five tonight at Vivre Department store? Okies, Ja!”
 
The three girls plus Miroku nodded and watched her leave. All they saw was a flash of rusty red hair as she got in the car.
 
XOX
 
Eri, Yuka, Ayumi and Miroku all sat patiently outside Wacdnalnds waiting for Kagome. It was almost a tradition that they wait for their perpetually late friend. It was already five fifteen, so she would be bursting though the doors any second, sputtering apologies and excuses, before offering to pay for whatever they were eating.
 
“I'm so sorry I'm late guys!” Kagome said as she made haste to her friends. “I had to sort things out at home and then convince Tohma that I didn't need K to stand guard over me. I promise I'll pay!”
 
They all rolled their eyes before dragging the poor girl into the restaurant to eat. After securing a table and grabbing their food, Eri started talking. “So, you said that you'd explain about the rumors and we're listening.”
 
Kagome took a big bite out of her burger and chewed slowly. She swallowed and looked at them all. “Well, what do you want to know?”
 
“First off, tell us if the rumors are true.” Yuka said.
 
Kagome nodded. “Which rumors exactly?”
 
Eri sighed. “Let's start with the one about you being Ryuichi Sakuma's niece.”
 
“Completely true. My mum is his stepsister, and you all know that I'm adopted, so we're related.” She said.
 
“Secondly, did you really go on a date with Suguru Fujisaki from Bad Luck?” Yuka said. “Ayumi told me that he spoke to her.”
 
“Also true. He's actually a lot of fun. You should see the shit that me and Shuichi pull on him on the bus!” Kagome giggled. “He's going around at the moment sporting bright blue hair. We put hair dye in his shampoo bottle last week.”
 
“Are you really leaving us Kagome?” Miroku said sadly.
 
Kagome nodded. “Sadly yes. My mum and uncle decided that it would be easier for me to move to Tokyo and be home schooled there once the tour is over. I'm gonna miss you guys you know.”
 
“I have another question actually.” Miroku started. “When I called Inuyasha last week, he said he saw you in Tokyo riding on the back of a motorbike with a guy named Hiroshi. Is that your boyfriend?”
 
“Hiroshi? As in Hiroshi Nakano, guitarist for Bad Luck and total hottie?” Yuka said.
 
Kagome nodded. “Yep, we've been on a few dates and we became exclusive about three days ago. He's such a total sweetheart and I can easily see myself falling in love with him.”
 
“Wait a second. If you're friends with Shuichi Shindou, does that mean you know Eiri Yuki too?” Ayumi said.
 
“Uh huh. I've been friends with him for a few years now. I was a bridesmaid at his sisters wedding.” Kagome said. She wiped her mouth with her napkin and grinned. “So, is the interview over cause I wanna do some wicked shopping!”
 
XOX
 
Miroku and Kagome walked up to her house loaded with bags, all of which were Kagome's. Sota was in the front yard kicking a ball back and forth with his friend Satoshi, but that game stopped as soon as he saw his sister. He came running over and threw himself into her arms. “I missed you nee-san, it's nice to have you home!”
 
Kagome hugged him tight. “I missed you too otouto. Hello Satoshi, always nice to see you.”
 
Satoshi nodded his head. “You too Kagome, Miroku.”
 
“Nee-san, momma's in the kitchen with Uncle Ryu and she wants to talk to you.” Sota said and let her go. He and Satoshi went back to their game.
 
Miroku handed Kagome her bags and gave her a hug. “I have to Kagome, but I'll call you tomorrow.”
 
Kagome shook her head. “Why don't you come in for a cup of tea, I'm sure momma would like to see you again.”
 
He shrugged and followed her into the house. They both walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table.
 
Akira poured them some tea from the pot and smiled over at her daughter and her friend. “It's lovely to see you again Miroku.”
 
“You too Mrs. Higurashi.” Miroku said. “Thank you for the tea.”
 
(A/N: In case you are wondering, Kagome is a Sakuma because she was adopted into the family when her mother was Miss Sakuma. She later became Mrs. Higurashi upon marrying her late husband.)
 
Ryuichi looked at the youth and smiled. “Hiya! Are you Kagome's friend? It's nice to meet you!”
 
Miroku nodded. “Yes, I am. It is nice to meet you too Sakuma-san.”
 
Ryuichi shoved Kumagoro in his face and grinned. “Kuma-chan says that you can call me Ryuichi! Na no da!”
 
Miroku chuckled. “Thank you for letting me know Kuma-chan.”
 
Kumagoro nodded and looked over to Kagome. “I need you to call Hiroshi cause Akira wants to meet him!”
 
Kagome nodded and smiled. “I will do that Kuma-chan, let me get my new clothes upstairs first.”
 
She dragged Miroku up to her room and sighed. “Well, that's my uncle.”
 
Miroku had stars in his eyes. “I can't believe he spoke to me!”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes and sighed. “Stop acting like a fan boy and help me pick a nice outfit to wear tonight! My mum wants to meet my boyfriend and we all know this wont go well!”
 
XOX
 
Wow, nine pages of random crap! My muse must love me today! Wellidy, I feel like shit and have nothing better to day, so I'm out.
 
Much love always
 
Hope xxx