Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Inspired ❯ Advice from Shu: Good idea or disaster? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rating: PG-13.

Pairings: Ryu/Taki.

Genre: Humor/Romance/Slight Angst

[]a character’s thoughts.

// // a flashback

Wow. I did another chapter. Thanks for the reviews. It makes me feel special.
________________________________________________________________________

Inspired

Chapter 2

After many sleepless nights, it occurred to Ryuichi that what he needed was advice. Then maybe, just maybe, he could plan a course of action. After all, the song idea was getting him no where. Maybe it was time to do what normal people did.

The thing was, who could help him? Sure, he had Kumagoro, but the rabbit was also stumped over the Taki problem. So, he and Kumagoro sat over breakfast going over all the relationship experts he knew.

Tohma or Noriko, no. He felt too embarrassed to ask his two best friends for help. Being thirty and single was still something he was a little ashamed of. And well, he wasn’t sure if they could help him with guy problems.

This excluded Mika, who would no doubt tell Tohma. He was actually quite relieved by this conclusion because Mika scared him. Kumagoro and Ryuichi shivered at the thought of Tohma’s scary wife.

There was Tatsuha. He was a swinging guy in every sense of the word. But, every time he was around Tatsuha, there was this strange vibe. Plus, for some reason, the boy was always groping Ryuichi. He already got enough of that from his female fans, thank you very much.

Shuichi and Yuki... Yes, that could work. Well, maybe not Yuki. He was a grump after all. It was still a wonder to Ryuichi that Yuki had snagged Shuichi. But, that thought aside, Shuichi was definitely the one to go to.
________________________________________________________________________

Ryuichi walked into NG Studio’s, Kumagoro in tow, smile in place. He felt confidant that Shuichi would be able to help him. After all, what were friends for? Thinking these thoughts, he was rather surprised when he walked into a war zone.

He carefully stepped out and leaned against the wall, severely shaken. He really wasn’t sure what it was he had seen. He thought he saw K waving his big gun around, Sakano ranting and raving about something, Hiro and Fujisaki trying to calm down the Manager and Producer, and Shuichi ranting on about Yuki. Needless to say, Ryuichi decided to wait until it blew over.

It grew awfully silent in the room. Then he could hear the sound of people running to the door. The door flew open and there was an outburst of voices falling over themselves in an attempt to apologize. It took a moment before everyone settled down and Ryuichi assured them that there was no reason to get excited. Smiling, he pulled Shuichi over.

“Can I borrow him for a minute?” Everyone nodded, stupefied. Ryuichi took Shuichi to the break room and made sure they were alone. Shuichi was all sparklies the whole time. He was oblivious to Ryuichi’s nervousness.

“Shuichi. I need advice. Romantic advice.”
________________________________________________________________________

Ryuichi smiled as he walked down the street. He not only had advice, but there had been an unexpected treat as well....

//“Romantic Advice!” Shuichi exclaimed jumping up, his voice rising five decibels. “You have a girlfriend? Or is it a boy?” Shuichi winked at him slyly.

Ryuichi winced, wondering if he had ever been that shrill at eighteen.

“It’s a guy, and we’re not dating, yet. He doesn’t even know I’m interested.” Ryuichi suddenly felt nervous and was playing with Kumagoro’s ears, face burning scarlet red. He had never thought he’d be having this conversation. Shuichi leaned closer.

“Who is it?” He asked, looking at his idol closely.

“Well, it’s someone you might know...” Suddenly the door opened, and who should have been there, but the one and only Taki Aizawa. Silence reigned as the three looked at each other.

“Sakuma and… Shindou.” Taki said the last name with obvious annoyance. Shuichi looked at the man vacantly.

“And you are...?” Taki face faulted.

“Taki Aizawa! Of ASK!” He shouted.

“Oh, those guys.” Said Shuichi, remembering the annoying rivalry he had going on with that band. Taki scowled once more and walked over to the vending machines to get something to drink.

The whole time, Ryuichi just stared. Taki Aizawa... He almost drooled all over himself. By now, the dark-haired man had gotten his soda and was about to leave the room, but stopped and looked at Ryuichi for a moment. It dawned on the older man that his stare was being returned. He quickly turned his head away, hoping he didn‘t look too obvious. Aizawa stood there for a few moments, shrugged and then left.

Shuichi scowled a little longer then visibly brightened and turned to Ryuichi. “So who were you saying it was?”

“Eh, that’s not important.” Ryuichi blushed. Maybe he’d better not be completely upfront about everything. He didn’t want to be laughed at. Shuichi pouted, but decided to drop it.

“Well, so you want advice? Why me?” Shuichi sounded confused.

“Because, you’re the only person I know that’s in a steady relationship with another man. So I figured you would know what I had to do.” Ryuichi looked at Shuichi knowing his love life and his sanity were in his friend’s hands.

“You came to me? For advice?” Shuichi began to tear up. “It’s a dream come true!” Cried Shuichi as he started hugging Ryuichi. They spent the next few hours bonding and discussing. And Shuichi even gave him a list.

“Just remember, if it works out, you have to tell me who it is.” Said Shuichi as he left, going back to his fellow band members.//

Ryuichi hugged the notepad close to himself.

“It’s strange, isn’t it Kumagoro? It’s no longer about a song. I can’t believe how wonderful this feels.”

He felt confidant and excited. He didn’t know what he was feeling for sure. It could be love. Could be. But, he wanted to be sure.

“And thanks to Shuichi, it’s all possible I’m getting him front row tickets to every Nittle Grasper concert from now on. Let’s see, what was that first step again?” Ryuichi flipped open the note pad.

“The first and most important thing to keep in mind is that you have to be assertive. No matter how scared you are, no matter how much he kicks and screams, you can’t give up. Be persistent and he will fall for your charms.” That was what Shuichi had said.

“Now, how can I assert myself?”
________________________________________________________________________

To be continued....

Being assertive is good, but just how do you assert yourself?

Please review if you feel like it and give me advice. I hope to try my best.