Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Inspired ❯ Tatsuha and Chaos ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rating: PG-13. Just to be safe.

Pairings: Ryu/Taki.

Genres: Humor/Romance/slight Angst.

Summary: Just as things are heating up a little, Tatsuha and Shuichi interrupt things. But, soon, it turns out that Tatsuha's own plans are going to backfire on him.

[] a character's thoughts.

// // flashback

Disclaimer: I don't own gravitation or its characters.
___________________________________________________________ _____________


Inspired

Chapter 10

Ryuichi suddenly pulled Taki aside, a playful look in his eyes. "Taki, you don't need to be so shy. Ryuichi won't bite." Ryuichi said this in a sultry tone, hoping Taki would give him what he wanted. And what he really wanted right now was for Taki to kiss him, but he didn't want to be blunt about it. Maybe if he took the initiative again…

Ryuichi wrapped his arms around Taki's neck, smiling seductively. Taki gulped, trying to quell his emotions. "Is there something you need from me?" Ryuichi twined his fingers into Taki's hair, pulling him down closer.

"You know, I wouldn't mind if you were a little bolder. Like when you asked me out." They were now dangerously close and Taki could feel his hormones going full swing. He placed a hand on Ryuichi's face, tilting it upwards.

"Is that a challenge?" Taki said as he bent down to kiss Ryuichi. That's what should've happened. Except this really loud noise came bursting out of nowhere, causing the both of them to jump twenty feet in the air.

"Ryuichi!" Shouted Tatsuha, standing behind them, right next to a rather sulky Shuichi.

"Uh, what an unexpected surprise…" Shuichi said, sounding lame.

"Tatsuha! Shuichi!" Ryuichi sounded both surprised and delighted by the "unexpected" encounter.

"What the hell?" Taki was trying to overcome his heart attack without much success. He recognized Shuichi Shindou, but who was this guy?

Ryuichi decided to start the introductions, obviously psyched. "Oh, yeah. Taki, you know Shuichi, right? Shuichi you know Taki, right?" The two looked at each other with a slight scowl.

"Uh, huh. Sure." They both said in unison, averting their eyes in disgust.

"And this is Tatsuha Uesugi." Ryuichi said as he clasped the other boy on the shoulder. "He's Tohma's brother-in-law. He's only sixteen, but he's really fun."

"Hi. I'm also the brother of Eiri Yuki, who our wonderful Shuichi is dating." As Tatsuha said this, Taki caught a flash in his eye. A rather nasty flash. The kind Taki often had.
[What's his problem?]

Tatsuha wrapped his arm around Ryuichi in an all too friendly manner. "Who knew we'd bump into you two when we were grocery shopping?"

Taki felt the urge to cause bloody mutilation. [What the hell are you doing? Get your filthy hands off of him!]

"Say, do you two want to go with us?" Tatsuha was smiling, obviously up to no good. Taki was about to follow his gut instinct and reject the offer when Ryuichi cut him off.

"Sure, I'd love to!!" Ryuichi was bouncing up and down.

"Then it's settled!" Tatsuha replied, still being way too friendly.

Taki and Shuichi both groaned inwardly.
_____________________________________________________________ ___________

Later on, Shuichi and Ryuichi were walking down the snack aisle. They'd split up from Tatsuha and Taki, who they'd sent to find yogurt. The two had seemed rather reluctant to go. Aizawa and Tatsuha were shooting death glares at each other. Not to mention the death glare Tatsuha had shot Shuichi.

The truth was, Shuichi's conscience had begun to brutalize him. He was still worried about Tatsuha, and he still didn't like Aizawa, but he just couldn't get one thought out of his head. [What if it was me and Yuki? What if someone was trying to break us up? Before we even had a chance?]

"Ryuichi are you sure-"

"Look, Shuichi! They have cheese puffs for half off!" Shuichi looked at the bags of cheesy goodness.

"Really! I have to get them! Yuki never lets me buy any!" Suddenly Shuichi stopped mid rave.

"That's nice Ryuichi but-"

"Oh, and they have a buy one, get one free special-"

"Stop it, Ryuichi!" Shuichi shouted, causing the other customers to turn and look at them. Shuichi waved his hands frantically, trying to keep it from turning into a scene. "Sorry folks. Just a little fight over which pretzels to get. Carry on." He drug Ryuichi over to the pretzels to make it look like he was speaking the truth.

"Shuichi, is something wrong? Did I make you angry?" Ryuichi was whimpering, obviously confused. Shuichi searched for the right words, scared that he'd done irreparable damage to Ryuichi's psyche.

"No, no. That's not it. It's just, why are you interrupting your date to go grocery shopping? Don't you want to spend time with Aizawa?" [As distasteful as that last thought is.] Shuichi hoped Ryuichi wouldn't evade the answer.

"Of course I do! But, hanging out with you and Tatsuha seemed like so much fun. Is that wrong?" Ryuichi felt the tears coming down. What if Taki was mad at him? Did Ryuichi mess up again?

Shuichi stared at him blankly, unable to believe what was happening. "No, it's not wrong. It's just that the idea behind a date is to spend time with that person. Alone time." [And what I wouldn't give for Yuki to take me out on more dates.]

"But, you can do that at home." Ryuichi was so confused. Even though he had a lot of fans, he'd never dated too much. He didn't know there were rules. No one had ever told him

Shuichi looked at his idol, hoping to explain it better. "Well, you can be alone in public. But, you can also date at home. How do I put this?" It wasn't like Shuichi was an expert. Before Yuki, he'd only ever had a couple of relationships, both disasters. "A date's what a couple does when they want to spend some special time together."

"Hmm." Ryuichi thought for a second. "I still don't get it." Shuichi fell over. "But," said Ryuichi, "I think I see where you're coming from." [So since you asked me, that means you really do like me Taki. But, why are you so clumsy about everything? Not that I'm one to talk. What can I do to make you like me even more?]
________________________________________________________________ ________

"What are you smirking at?" Growled Taki as he looked at Tatsuha, who was smiling with those evil eyes.

"Nothing the impious could understand." Said Tatsuha, a patronizing tone in his voice. Taki growled and turned back to the shopping. He still refused to believe this boy was a monk. He was also more than a little pissed that his perfect moment had been ruined. He didn't know when there was going to another moment that good, or if he was ever going to have the guts to act on his feelings again. What if there never was another chance? [I oughta kill this punk.]

Tatsuha smirked once more before returning to the task at hand. He had to shop for groceries, otherwise his cover was blown. The plan had been for him to go with Ryuichi and Shuichi with Taki, but for some reason Shuichi had decided to ruin the plan. Tatsuha now had to figure out another way to make it work. And it had to be fast.

His darling Ryuichi had almost kissed this guy! [What if they've kissed? What if they've… NO! Bad thoughts! Bad thoughts!] Tatsuha shook his head earning a strange look from Taki.

"Hey. I'm really sorry that I ruined your date." Tatsuha was so insincere that it made one flinch and it was all done with a smile. "What were you planning on doing with my Ryuichi afterwards?" There almost seemed to be a threat in the boy's words.

"That's none of your business. And what do you mean by "your Ryuichi?" This boy's attitude was ticking him off even more. It was bad enough that he'd touched Ryuichi, but did this kid have to be so smug about it?

"What do I mean by mine? Wouldn't you like to know?" Tatsuha smiled inside. [I don't even have to try, fool. You don't even know what to do with him.]

Taki glared at Tatsuha, trying to decide if it was okay to punch the boy. But, if he did that, he'd be charged with assault. Taki stormed off down the aisles.

"Too easy." Grinned Tatsuha as he followed after the other man.
__________________________________________________________________ ______


When the four stepped out of the store, there seemed to be a change in atmosphere. The four felt tense. Ryuichi had been upset about something. Whenever Tatsuha tried to glomp him, Ryuichi would dodge out of the way and give Tatsuha a mortified look.

Tatsuha could sense that Shuichi had said something. As soon as they got back to Yuki's he was going to tear it out of the kid. Vengeance was a bus ride away.


Ryuichi glanced at Tatsuha nervously as he remembered what else Shuichi had told him tonight.

//"Uh, Ryuichi I have a confession to make. We really weren't shopping for groceries and we didn't meet you two by accident." Shuichi had that guilty look on his face. "The truth is, Tatsuha wanted to ruin your date."

Ryuichi stood there dumbfounded, unable to comprehend such deception from someone he considered a friend. "But, why would he want to do that? And why would you want to help him?"

"I didn't want to help him. He made me." Shuichi's voice was weak and he was avoiding looking Ryuichi in the eye.

"But, Tatsuha…" Ryuichi still couldn't comprehend it. Why would Tatsuha do this?

"Tatsuha's jealous. He likes you a lot. At least he thinks he does."//

Why? Ryuichi had always thought of Tatsuha as a rare friend, someone he could hang out with, someone who didn't see him as a child or a star to fawn over. Tatsuha liked him? He had always thought Tatsuha was just overly friendly, like Shuichi. When the two got on the bus, Ryuichi found he couldn't even say good bye.

[Good riddance.] Thought Taki as the bus went off. He looked at Ryuichi relieved that he wouldn't be spending the night keeping monk boy off of Ryuichi. "So do you want to uh, pick up where we left off?" He felt weird saying it, but it felt right.

Ryuichi turned away from him, quietly. "No. I want to go home." He said as he began to walk off towards his car. Taki hurried after Ryuichi, a little unnerved by the strange change in demeanor.

"Something wrong?" Taki asked as he got in the car. Ryuichi said nothing as he turned the ignition. Taki worried even more. This wasn't like Ryuichi. [What happened? I don't like this side of him.]
_________________________________________________________________ _______

To Be Continued…

Ryuichi and Taki's relationship takes a rather sudden step forward. Tatsuha and Shuichi fight and then…Sorry, you'll have to wait.

Evil cliffhanger, I know. I'm still wondering who I should pair Tatsuha with? I've got to give him something nice. He can be a little creepy at times, but deep down he's such a sweetie. Should I make it Tatsuha/Shuichi? Yuki/Shuichi fans might kill me, but I can always give Yuki to Tohma. Relax, I'm not sure if I'll be that evil. Not yet anyways.

Please Read and Review. Tatsuha's fate could depend on your answer.