Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ Chapter 44

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Eiri walked in thankful that Tohma’s secretary wasn’t there to bug him. Tohma looked up seeing Eiri and smiled brightly.   “Eiri, it’s been forever since I last saw you.”   Eiri resisted the urge to roll his eyes, “So now not seeing you for a week consists of forever?”   “Really has it only been a week?” Tohma asked innocently.   “Does it matter? Regardless it hasn’t been that long since we last saw each other. So what did you want to talk about?”   “What makes you think I wanted to talk? You came to me?”   Eiri handed Tohma a copy of the fax, “My lawyer received this regarding Shuichi’s salary.”   Tohma looked it over and smiled saying. “Oh it must have an oversight. My secretary must have copied the numbers down wrong.”   ‘Mmp, that’s what I thought he’d say.’ “I thought I’d come over and talk to you about this in person. I figured it was just an oversight and would want to discuss this and other things in person.” Eiri then handed him another paper. “This is what my lawyer came up with. If you have something else in mind let’s hear it.”   “Well it’s usually a little lower than this but since it’s for you, Eiri, I’ll accept this.”   Eiri simply glared at him but chose to ignore his comment, “Well you have me here, what did you want to talk about?”   “Well Mizuki called and talked to Mika. She was concerned about your sudden change in attitude. Not to mention the fact that the outline for you new story is so totally and completely different from anything you’ve even done before. Plus you had specifically told her you wouldn’t even consider editing your current story. She was surprised by it.”   ‘Not half as surprised as she would be if she insisted I edit it. She really wouldn’t have liked the results.’   Eiri was stuck for a true answer but knew he’d have to come up with something. And he knew that in the end this would lead Tohma to pry into his relationship with Shuichi, especially since he was sure Tohma knew by now that he and Shu were planning to move in together.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   Meanwhile Shuichi and Hiro were going to talk to Shu’s landlord.   “Excuse me, Mr. Schraider.”   “Ah Shindo, what can I do for you?”   “Oh, well I came by to give you my 30 day notice.”   “Too bad you were one of my few tenants that always paid everything all at once and on time.”   “Yeah, I’m sure everything will be cleared out by tonight. I don’t have much. I also wanted to let you know that I have a couch and a mattress. Nothing but the matters on the floor I’m afraid. I know you don’t normally put furniture into the rooms. But where I’m going I won’t need them.”   “Shu you’re TV was the same one your father gave you when you started high school, I think it’s time to give it up too.” Hiro said.   “But…”   “I’m sure Mr. Yuki has a bigger one at his place doesn’t he?”   “Well yeah but…”   “No buts besides with luck you’ll be making enough to buy a bigger better one soon.”   At the Shu smiled, “You’re right Hiro!” Then turned back to Mr. Schraider, “Actually I take that back you can have the TV too. Anything I haven’t taken out by the end of 30 days is yours!”   Mr. Schraider having been accused of stealing after taking things left in the apartment after the 30 days was up and even sued a few times was suspicious. “I’ve had problems with people saying that but then later claiming I stole it.”   “Well trust me he won’t need them anymore. How about if he signs a waiver?” Hiro said.   “A what?” Shuichi asked.   “It basically means you won’t be back for the stuff you’re officially giving it to him.”   Mr. Schraider didn’t see a problem with it and since Hiro seemed to know what he was talking about had him write it up and all 3 signed. Hiro signed just to prove that Shu did understand what he was signing and what it meant.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   After finishing up with the landlord they made their way to Shu’s apartment. Shu started to put the key in the door when he stopped.   “What’s wrong Shu?”   “I know I locked this door but now it’s not locked its open.”   Hiro looked and sure enough the door was only slightly ajar like someone didn’t shut it all the way. He didn’t like it either. Considering the neighborhood and especially the run down apartment building, he found it hard to believe it’d be a burglar. But just to be on the safe side he moved Shu back behind him and started for the door handle.   “Hiro, maybe we should wait and call the cops.”   Hiro’d heard a lot of things about this neighborhood and no of it good. “Ch, right and how long do you think we’ll be sitting here waiting for the cops to show?”   “Um I don’t know. My neighbor once asked to use my phone to call the cops and… oh I see your point.”   “Let me guess they never showed right?”   “Not that I know of.”   “Exactly now stay close. Hiro said as he opened the door and they slowly made their way inside.   z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z   A/N: Sorry I had most of this written up on paper Tuesday but got lazy and didn’t put it in the comp. I promise Eiri vs Kyo will take place next chapter. No time or room in this one. Any guesses on who is or was in Shu’s apartment?