Gundam Seed Destiny Fan Fiction / Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Alternate Story: Gundam SEED Seraphim ❯ Another View of Destiny from Fllay ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue Part II
 
You may be wondering what happened next right? As I said, the chairman's plans were averted, all because Kira was there. Oh, how I wish I was the one that he saved...On another note, I was wondering why the chairman would think that I could help him. I haven't seen or been with him for a long time. But I can't just barge into him and tell him to go with me because I would look like a rude person. Ironically, thanks to that, I could finally see myself in a better light. I've been living here in Copernicus for about a month now, and I'm really focused on making life better for my daughter. Dr. Martha always looks after Florette for me as I work as an assistant of the good doctor.
I was asked by the doctor to meet an important person. This person was interested in asking the doctor for something big. As I enter this person's mansion, I was suddenly greeted by a blind man. He asked me if I was the assistant of the good doctor. When I told him my name, he went on saying that he has heard good things about me. I asked him how so? The man would tell me that Kira told him all about me and how my love protected him. I was so emotional during that moment that I wept in great happiness, Kira does still remember. He introduces himself as Reverend Malchio and tells me that he plans to keep an eye on the impending war caused by the “Break the world” incident. He tells me that there is an impending chaos that will follow this war. This chaos may not be seen physically but it's so severe that it might break the bonds of peace that we people hold. I confidently told Malchio that Kira will be there to protect the Freedom we gained, but he would ask me:
Kira is only after all, still just a person. Remember that he would only protect that which has value for him. In other words either you, her or his other loved ones. But would he see the suffering that he has brought about to other people? In other words, who is `everyone' to Kira? ”
I thought of that statement as deeply as I could and he IS right, Kira is only a follower. And as a follower, he is forced to eliminate the things that threaten his leader. He thought of trying to not kill the enemies that his leader would encounter but to me... That is like putting a limbless man into the ocean. Only to wonder what would eventually happen once a shark comes in.”We choose the right to live, and die if we must. Choosing it for us doesn't mean freedom, Kira. It means chaining ourselves to believing that we are actually giving them the choice of either.”
Malchio was astounded by what I said. He would tell me that it was a very accurate assumption of what is happening. He tells me that unless he makes movement, his fears will be realized. I asked him why he's so scared of the results of the war. He would tell me that between the two factions, no one is right. Lacus plans of peace achieved through force and influence while Gilbert wishes for a stagnant world. I would eventually tell him that no one person can be sure to what he or she is doing, especially when it concerns people that he or she does not know. That is why a person is considered a great leader when he begins to look up at those who struggle to become great.
 
Happy with the statements I made, Malchio then talks about the solution for the problem. He would tell me that he was to select the doctor as a guide to the terminal, the Clyne Faction's intelligence gathering department. But he says that I would make a better agent because his goal is to get intelligence from Gilbert Dullindal and Lacus Clyne. He says that I could do something the doctor cannot.
I was thinking about the last time I was asked for a supposedly valiant cause. I ended up as a tool that would almost destroy PLANT. Scared that I would make that mistake, I declined Malchio humbly .I told him that I want to live in peace. And that right now, my priority is to raise my daughter so that she could face her father proudly. I can't help them because right now, my daughter is my priority. I can see that Clyne will eventually win. I can't comment on how, and I can assure that the threat he sees is still minimal.
 
I would find myself in complete peace as the conflict ensues between PLANT and LOGOS when something struck me like a whip. I heard from the doctor that the Freedom has been shot down. I could do nothing but cry. I blamed myself for not giving protection to my loved one. I tried to sense his presence but I couldn't. Because of that, I was extremely depressed. I felt that I failed to help out, Malchio told me to join him but I declined. When I was in the Archangel then, he would always give it his best. Why hasn't this been the case? I tried calling Malchio and he would reassure me that Kira was alright but the real thing that irked me was the fact that Lacus Clyne was away when this happened. I got really mad that time. My grief quickly turned to anger because Malchio told me that Lacus' real reason for going to PLANT was really to gain political backing not knowing that Kira was almost killed.