Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Hell Knows No Fury Like A Woman Scorned ❯ Blood in the Water ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Two chapters in one short, I'm making up for lost time here.
Disclaimers: Don't own, don't sue. R&R and no flames. Flames will extinguished by a fire extinguisher.
Chapter 9: Blood in the Water

Less than a week after Merci's declaration, ZAFT commenced with Operation Spear of Twilight and began drop operations to attack the Alliance forces surrounding their Gibraltar and Carpentaria bases
ZAKU Warriors emerged from their drop capsules and came under attack from Jet Striker Windams from the remaining Alliance forces that occupied the Gibraltar and Carpentaria bases.

In the Atlantic Federation military headquarters, Yuna was informed that the Minerva will soon be leaving the Carpentaria territorial waters. He wondered if all the necessary preparations were in place. As the Minerva leaves Carpentaria's waters, an Alliance naval fleet appeared on the horizon.
After Merci's speech, the Sarans found themselves unable to remain in the Sanc Kingdom any longer; the Princess' will was too strong for them to control. She had actually threatened to have them court-marshaled to Colony L2 if any of the ministers opposed her. Not only that, she had the complete support of every minister of Sanc, all except the Sarans. Left with no choice, the Sarans deflected to the Atlantic Federation in hopes of bringing down Sanc and subsequently, Princess Merci herself.

Talia realized that the point of their move was to prevent the Minerva from re-entering Carpentaria's waters. She quickly issued a battle alert and addressed the crew. She informed them they had no choice but to attack the fleet if they wished to escape. She felt it would probably be the crew's toughest battle yet, but she had faith in the crew.
Shinn questioned Lunamaria why they were in a battle alert, and she told him she had no idea.
Shinn launched in the Core Splendor moments later, forming before combining in the air as the Force Impulse Gundam.
Rey and Lunamaria launched in their ZAKU units and stayed on the ship's deck to shoot down any approaching targets.
The Alliance commander wondered if the Minerva would perform as well as Neo's report suggested.
A large squad of Jet Striker Windams approached, and Shinn began to attack and destroy them singlehandedly.

The Alliance ships started to bombard the Minerva, and the ship fired back, destroying several cruisers.
Then, the Jet Striker Windams attempted to approach the Minerva, but Lunamaria and Shinn continued to shoot them down.
Nearby, Shinn fought off the other Windams by himself.
Shinn continued to fight off the Windams while the Minerva shot down the incoming missile barrages. Lunamaria could not believe that even more Windams were approaching, and Rey rebuked her, telling her that she did not have time to complain.
The Alliance commander was impressed by the Minerva, and he decided it is time to test the mobile armor Zamza-Zah before the Minerva was too weakened by the onslaught. The massive Zamza-Zah launched from one of the ships and headed directly towards the Minerva.
Talia knew they could not let the Zamza-Zah get near the ship, so she instructed Arthur to shoot it with the Tannhauser. The Minerva fired its Tannhauser, but the Zamza-Zah created a positron deflector shield which blocked the attack.
Shinn then attacked the Zamza-Zah, but it dodged his attacks.
Shinn managed to dodge the Zamza-Zah's attacks, but it somehow still managed to grab hold of him with one of its claws and pulled him down.
The Impulse started to run out of power and Phase Shifts down. The Zamza-Zah ripped off the Impulse Gundam's right leg, sending Shinn into a freefall.
He thought back about his family and vowed not to be defeated by the Zamza-Zah. He then entered into SEED mode and requested Meyrin to activate the Deuterion Energy Beam and send out the Sword Silhouette Flyer and Leg Flyer.
The Deuterion Beam was activated, recharging the Impulse Gundam's power.
Shinn then rushed towards the Zamza-Zah and sliced into its cockpit with his beam saber. After destroying it, he docked with the new Leg Flyer and Sword Silhouette. He then destroyed the other ships, forcing the Alliance to retreat.

Back on PLANT, Athrun met with Chairman Dullindal and Meer. Chairman Dullindal handed him the insignia for his special FAITH detachment and requested him to go help the Minerva. Athrun then suited up and launched in the Saviour Gundam.

The battered Minerva sailed across the ocean on a course for the Sanc Kingdom.
Shinn returned from his sortie, and everyone was amazed by his performance in battle.
Talia felt that they owed their escape to him, and Arthur believed that even the famous Freedom Gundam could not have done as well. He felt Shinn deserved a medal for destroying six ships, and Talia replied he would probably get one. She commented that she had found it odd he was given the Impulse Gundam instead of Rey, and she wondered if Chairman Dullindal saw something special in Shinn.
Shinn came down from his cockpit and was greeted by Vino and the rest of the engineering crew.
Lunamaria asked him what he did during the battle, and he replied he was not sure. He told her he was angered by the Alliance fleet, and suddenly his mind cleared up. As they walked through the corridor, Rey congratulated him on his work.

Kira visited his mother Caridad, bringing Merci along.
Caridad then revealed to her son about Merci's true identity; that she was born to Herbert and Iris Anderson. After the Anderson assassination, it was later discovered that Merci was also the reincarnation of Chione in this era. One of the elder sorceresses had quickly brought the infant out of the blazing inferno of Colony L6 to Earth.
But it was only a matter of time before Blue Cosmo discovered the existence of the baby Goddess. Fearing her power, they had attempted to kill her before she came of age. They had failed at that time, when one of the younger sorceresses took the infant girl away and hid her away with the Yamato family.
Kira silently nodded before apologizing for going out into battle again. Caridad told Kira she loved him and wanted him to promise he would return. She also made him swear that he would guard his sister at all costs.

SailorStar9: That's it, for now anyway. Read and review.